The spreadsheet is dying fast.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoaty said:
turbo2ltr said:
You guys are getting out of hand. I mean seriously people, IT'S A SPREADSHEET.
Perhaps the spreadsheet has outlived its usefulness. There is a lot of valuable information on MNL, but I don't think I would include the spreadsheet in that category at this point.
I am so glad that isn't your decision to make.

davewill said:
Stoaty said:
turbo2ltr said:
You guys are getting out of hand. I mean seriously people, IT'S A SPREADSHEET.
Perhaps the spreadsheet has outlived its usefulness. There is a lot of valuable information on MNL, but I don't think I would include the spreadsheet in that category at this point.
I am so glad that isn't your decision to make.

more unnecessary spritzo.
I dont get it.

turbo2ltr said:
I think I'm done. It's sad a few people have to ruin it. You know who you are.

Hey Turbo, I'm not sure who you are aiming that comment at. I don't see that anyone has ruined anything.

I believe that the spreadsheet has been incredibly valuable to most MNLers. It was valuable back in December to you and others, and it continues to be valuable to those who are waiting to get cars. What seems to happen is that once a person gets their car, they are less interested in updating the spreadsheet. I get that. I think it is a nataural phenonemon and to be expected. My only dog in this fight is that in the interest of maintaining an accurate and useful tool for those still waiting for cars, I think we should update the Delivered Date for those who have lost interest in updating, but who have publicly posted that they got their car. If that is what has you so pissed off, I'm sorry you feel that way.

I think you have performed a herculean task on behalf of the forum, and I for one appreciate it very much.

I fully expect that after Drees gets his car, he may at some point be less interested in putting up with the windging from those still waiting for cars, and he may want to pass it on. Long live the spreadsheet! ;)

leafkabob said:
I believe that the spreadsheet has been incredibly valuable to most MNLers. It was valuable back in December to you and others, and it continues to be valuable to those who are waiting to get cars.
It doesn't help anyone get their car faster, and it doesn't give anyone a better idea of when they will get their car, since Nissan's timing is so unpredictable. I looked at the spreadsheet once about 4 months ago, haven't looked since then. If someone wants to keep it up, fine, but still wondering what is so valuable about this information compared to the threads about range, problem reports, accessories, user modifications, etc. That is where the real value of MNL lies, and in that area MNL is a gold mine of information.

turbo2ltr said:
Drees is doing a bang up job updating, he can choose some more people to help him as I bow out.

Turbo, THANK YOU for everything you did on the spreadsheet! The crazed excitement on MNL and everyone obsessing over initial deliveries was made that much more fun by your hard work. Just wanted you to know how much it was appreciated. Thank You again.

Now go relax.

Stoaty said:
It doesn't help anyone get their car faster, and it doesn't give anyone a better idea of when they will get their car, since Nissan's timing is so unpredictable.
Oh, in my case I think it did help me get my car sooner. The spreadsheet made it obvious that I had a problem which I needed to push Nissan and my dealer to resolve.

Thanks, Turbo, for all your work on this.

Ray

Stoaty said:
I looked at the spreadsheet once about 4 months ago, haven't looked since then.

If so, then someone else updated your information on 4/20/11. ;)

Seriously, if you don't think it is helpful or valuable that is OK. And I totally agree that the threads contain the real gold on MNL. But there is no question it has served a valuable purpose.

turbo2ltr said:
You guys are getting out of hand. I mean seriously people, IT'S A SPREADSHEET. We have world hunger and you guys are bickering over who didn't update their entry. Now we are getting requests to be taken off the sheet because of all this. Talk about having the opposite effect.

I think I'm done. It's sad a few people have to ruin it. You know who you are.

Drees is doing a bang up job updating, he can choose some more people to help him as I bow out.

turbo, just want you to know that I really appreciate all you've done for the forum. i still find the SS very helpful since both my dealer and the csr people don't seem to believe me when I tell them what is happening

leafkabob said:
If so, then someone else updated your information on 4/20/11. ;)
No, I updated it, but with my eyes closed so I woudn't see any of the other entries :lol: I did it to support MNL, not because I thought it would be useful to anyone at this late date.

Personally, I know the spreadsheet has helped cut over a month out of my delivery time. With the spreadsheet information, I was able to work with Nissan CS, identify that there was a problem and work to get an available vehicle sooner. I'll be absolutely sure if I get my car next week. Prior to that, my car order was mis-scheduled and wouldn't even be built until this month, May and after shipping and the work in prot at Long Beach, I probably would not have gotten it until very late June and more likely July, barring any additional snafus.

The spreadsheet has a very real, tangible value to me in getting my car sooner and being able to plan finances and other arrangements better. Until LEAFs are available in multiple configurations off of the dealer lot, it will continue to have value. After I get my LEAF, I'll still be using the spreadsheet as a tool to approximate the time from order to delivery. It will be helpful as I work with others waiting for their LEAFs or people I meet who decide to order a LEAF after learning about it from myself or other sources. It's also somewhat helpful in finding other LEAFers in your city that are obviously interested in sharing information about the LEAF.

The spreadsheet may mean other things to other people, but personally from myself to you turbo2ltr, and every one else who has worked on or contributed to the spreadsheet, THANK YOU!

The speadsheet also helped me connect with a former coworker who now also has a LEAF, so chalk up a re-established friendship to the spreadsheet also. (coincidentally, he was a January order and while that has a certain irony, every additional LEAF on the road is A GOOD THING ™).

Stoaty said:
. . . still wondering what is so valuable about this information compared to the threads about range, problem reports, accessories, user modifications, etc. That is where the real value of MNL lies, and in that area MNL is a gold mine of information.

I will worry about the panic feature on the key fob when Nissan sees fit to fulfill my order.

Seriously now, the spreadsheet's value has been proven over and over again. It remains highly relevant to the majority of Leaf reservers, and the only threat to it is neglect.

ElectricVehicle said:
The spreadsheet may mean other things to other people, but personally from myself to you turbo2ltr, and every one else who has worked on or contributed to the spreadsheet, THANK YOU!
... every additional LEAF on the road is A GOOD THING ™).
+1
More information is helpful to everyone. I think the spreadsheet information that identified the order SNAFU was most helpful to Nissan. They are now making real progress in getting cars out to all the early orders.
Spreadsheet was the root cause that helped make that happen faster.
And as a fortunate recent new owner of the Leaf :D :D :D :D :D , I updated the spreadsheet with my information less than 12 hours from receipt of the car, even though I had to get up a 1/2 hour earlier to do it.

I see, TimLee, that you're in Tennessee. So tell me, do you think the King would be drivin' a LEAF? What color and would he go for the QC port? Maybe we'll spot Elvis makin' LEAFs for us in Smyrna!

The other thing that blows me away about parts of Tennessee, is the fiber Internet access at up 1 Gbps, yes, cable - that's 1000 Mbps, yes DSL, that's 1,000,000 kbps!!
Engadget 1Gbps for $350/mo in Tennessee
EPB fiber Internet (also TV and Phone)
The 1 Gbps is a bit more than I'd want to pay monthly, but they start at 30 Mbps for $57.99 unbundled.
Code:
Unbundled pricing:
30 Mbps $57.99/month
50 Mbps $67.99/month
100 Mbps $139.99/month
1000 Mbps $349.99/month
I'm in San Jose, the "Capital of Silicon Valley", and the fastest thing we have with general availabilty is 50 Mbps cable. You've got some smokin' Internet in Tennessee, I'm officially jealous! Would be nice if they had some lower cost plans to round out the offerings, but still, you can't get 1 Gbps residential in San Jose at any price - well actually some tens of thousands of dollars/month for fixed wireless, but Tennessee - well, Tennessee kicks San Jose in the Broadband! It's also part of Tennessee's commtiment to building community and economy with Broadband, The NIssan Smyrna plant to make LEAFs and other iniatives. Way to go!

Congrats on getting your LEAF! Thanks also for updating the spreadsheet! :D :idea: :D

Thanks ElectricVehicle.
EPB did absolutely the right thing in fighting the court battle with Comcast and building their 100% fiber network to all their electric customers. Comcast fought hard but lost. They and the other cable / telephone service providers are scarred to death that every electric distributor in the country will do the same thing.
The electric distributor needs access to a 100% fiber network. They justified a large part of the cost of the network with the cost elimination from meter reading. But the true value for the electric distributor is in knowing about service interruptions, and eliminating service interruptions. EPB is deploying an extensive network of smart distribution grid "circuit breakers" that will likely eliminate 80% or more of service interruptions. And they reclose in a smart fashion, not just hard reclosing and throwing 100% of the power back on the line potentially creating major arc flash damage. The fiber network is a win - win for everybody, except the cable / telephone service providers. If they'd had the foresight to build a fiber network like some telephone companies such as Ringgold, GA has done, they would have had a good argument to require the electric service providers to use their network. But they didn't.
Sane policy in the US should dictate a single fiber network to each home, with service providers sharing the network. But unfortunately somehow people thought competition and building competing cable systems / fiber systems was smart. It isn't smart, but I don't think we as a country have the wisdom to elect politicians to fix the current inefficient competititive mess.
Chattanooga is also way ahead of lots of places with its efforts on sustainability. Still have a ways to go in implementing, but we have a world class 20 year plan.
How do you think we got Volkswagen?
By being world class in many areas - Communications, Sustainability, Etc.
And once the eV Project builds out the interstate fast charging infrastructure, we're going to be world class in the use of electric vehicles too.
And Volkswagen will also be producing electric or at least plug-in hybrid vehicles, at least based on what they've stated in meetings with engineer's clubs. Its just a matter of when.
I haven't seen Elvis in a long time. Not sure what color Leaf he will be driving, but he will be driving a Leaf. :D :D :D

TimLee said:
I haven't seen Elvis in a long time. Not sure what color Leaf he will be driving, but he will be driving a Leaf. :D :D :D

If he would put his data on the spreadsheet, we would all be better off.

Now we are back on topic!

ElectricVehicle said:
Personally, I know the spreadsheet has helped cut over a month out of my delivery time. With the spreadsheet information, I was able to work with Nissan CS, identify that there was a problem and work to get an available vehicle sooner.
OK, that is solid data. I am convinced, even if it only helped one person get their vehicle sooner than they would have (not saying it only helped one person, though).

Back