The spreadsheet is dying fast.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSL

Deliveries are coming hot and heavy and not enough updates are being entered. You can look 20 lines down from where the red entries become the black entries, search a member name, and find that the member has already received their Leaf.

If you have gotten your car and not updated your spreadsheet line, please do so here.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

If you have gotten a delivery date, or a VIN, or anything new, you can use the same link to update your entry.

Finally, some consideration should be given to scrubbing the list. There are entries which have never been updated and which stick out like sore thumbs (can you say "mkenigson?").

Thanks to every new Leaf owner for your assistance!

It looks like everyone that finally has received their new LEAF and had posted it on the Spreadsheet, is now so busy "driving" and "charging" the LEAF that they don't have time to visit the "hopes for a LEAF" site any longer.

Just like you’re graving for the cake; but once you got it...

Ralph
:lol:

I'm suffering from a new type of anxiety now. With delivery looming this week, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself at night when I don't have to scrub MNL forum for the minutest detail that would give me a clue about when to expect delivery. Or, that I don't have to check my DB 3-5X/day.

gascant said:
I'm suffering from a new type of anxiety now. With delivery looming this week, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself at night when I don't have to scrub MNL forum for the minutest detail that would give me a clue about when to expect delivery. Or, that I don't have to check my DB 3-5X/day.

Howard, there are still plenty of things to think about after your LEAF arrives. Before the delivery, there was very little you had control over, except checking DB and phone calls to the dealer, L2 installer, Nissan CS, etc. When the LEAF arrives, its time to deal with the driving experience that you have some control (perhaps excluding the data on CW, LEAF DB). As you know, the collective experience on the MNL forum is tremendous, so my time is still spend reading the different threads for information. For example, someone posted a technique for hypermiling in neutral. I didn't know there was such a "gearshift" setting. Now I have to try and figure out what this all means.

There are still lots to do to enjoy the LEAF experience, as well as your great efforts to organize the Bay Area Leaf meetings.

gascant said:
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself at night when I don't have to scrub MNL forum for the minutest detail that would give me a clue about when to expect delivery.
Linkim has it right. You are only just beginning the journey. Sit in the car for five minutes and you'll have a dozen things to wonder about. This is the place for answers. I know this because it's happening to me as well.

DO drop by the "Where is my Leaf @#*$" threads now and then to post a reply. It's our duty as new Leaf owners, redolent with smug, to inculcate those waiting with patience.

Something like this:

"Quit your whining. Nissan is growing a field full of rainbows and candy corn, so you cut them some slack already. Your car will get here when it gets here, and all your griping and moaning won't do you any good. Just sit back, relax, and don't worry about it. Gotta go drive, brb."

BlueSL said:
If you have gotten your car and not updated your spreadsheet line, please do so here.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

If you have gotten a delivery date, or a VIN, or anything new, you can use the same link to update your entry.

Finally, some consideration should be given to scrubbing the list. There are entries which have never been updated and which stick out like sore thumbs (can you say "mkenigson?").

Thanks to every new Leaf owner for your assistance!
I would like to second BlueSL's request for updates. I find it interesting the folks who eagerly added their info to the spreadsheet prior to getting their cars, now, for whatever reason aren't willing to update.

I politely pm'd one of our frequent posting regulars about a month after he got his car and asked him if he would update. He replied that he didn't want to have his VIN out there. I responded by suggesting that updating the delivery date was all I was interested in seeing updated. Despite his saying that "I guess I could do that," he didn't.

I then tried to get the Spreadsheet owners to do the update themselves. For whatever reason, they seemed to think that a person's privacy (despite voluntarily adding their info to the very public spreadsheet) was more important than having an accurate or useful spreadsheet. I was only suggesting updating those folks who had publicly posted that they got their cars. I finally gave up. Apparently for some folks, the community spirit of working together to track deliveries doesn't last after you get your car. :?

leafkabob said:
He replied that he didn't want to have his VIN out there.
In Oregon, your VIN is public info like the license plate anyhow (you aren't allowed to cover it up) so I figured it didn't matter if it was on a spreadsheet or not.

Updates only come twice a week. That was fine in Jan/Feb but with more activity the last two months it does seem slow.
Not complaining as I realize it is quite a distraction to keep this up.

If anyone is like me, I quickly realized that entering all those details about my order history (many of which were just guesstimates) would eventually be used to fuel the entire "jumping the line conversation." When it eventually gets used against me and/or Nissan, what's the point?

cyellen said:
If anyone is like me, I quickly realized that entering all those details about my order history (many of which were just guesstimates) would eventually be used to fuel the entire "jumping the line conversation." When it eventually gets used against me and/or Nissan, what's the point?
Because maybe something will happen to your order that the spreadsheet will help sort out. I know the spreadsheet has helped myself and many others immensely.

leafkabob said:
Apparently for some folks, the community spirit of working together to track deliveries doesn't last after you get your car. :?

You might want to keep in mind that the MNL party got started around April 20 and not this past Dec. It was a very intense process for the first LEAF owners and first only happens once. Speaking of.... have not seen Gudy in ages. Anyways, as far as the original Google doc, it served a very useful purpose for people understanding first deliveries. Not so much anymore. The party is not over but definitly entering a new phase. Feel free to step up with fresh threads, ideas and docs. We all applaud each new LEAF and congratulations to each new owner.

planet4ever said:
I think turbo2ltr has probably been swamped. I submitted my update 4 or 5 days ago, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Ray
I also gently suggested that it might be nice for the person doing the updating to be someone who hasn't yet received their car, as those folks would be much more motivated to do the updates. I volunteered (although I would need training - I'm a bit of a Luddite), and I know some others have as well (including BlueSL I think). That didn't go anywhere either.

TRONZ said:
You might want to keep in mind that the MNL party got started around April 20 and not this past Dec. It was a very intense process for the first LEAF owners and first only happens once.

I could be wrong but I thought the spreadsheet was started this past Dec. ;)

Guys,

I update the spreadsheet about every three days. Maybe once or twice it went to 5 days. This produces about 50 to 100 updates which takes 30-60 minutes to update. The last update was 5/5 at 1:30pm. If you seriously think that this is not frequent enough then you really need to find something better to do than obsessively check the spreadsheet.

I don't update it every day because some people like to update their entries every 5 minutes whenever nissan decides to change their dashboard date. Sorry but no one really needs to know that it changed 10 minutes after it did. By updating it every 3 days, this allows me to sort by username and see people that submitted multiple times and just update their entry once with the latest entry.

I honestly can't believe people are bitching about this but you know what, I have better things to do. If someone want's to take over and spend hours a week keeping up the spreadsheet, then PM me and it's all yours.

When I first put my order on the spreadsheet, I was line 196. Today, I am 396 or thereabouts. The spreadsheet has made a tremendous contribution to the board and the benefits are still tangible to those without their cars (or even a delivery date).

My OP was directed at the board's general population (not Turbo), asking that spreadsheet contributors finish what they started and report their developments through and including delivery. That said, I really do think some re-thinking could improve the tool as it exists today. For instance, the old un-updated entries have become "noise" IMO. We should consider a rule for removing stale information. Twice, I have used the spreadsheet to ping those closest to the red lines to try to prompt updates. (I also sent Turbo a list of black line items falling near the red lines where the parties' names did not match any user name). These efforts have worked okay, but I still think a blast email from an admin is the way to address the old data. We should also consider re-ordering the data to reflect order date order, not reservation date order, since it is clear that is more important to Nissan. I agree that if people sleuth bad data in the spreadsheet (like a member who posts in another thread that he has canceled his order, or that he has taken delivery of his car but not updated), others should be allowed to input those edits to keep us from being at the mercy of people so euphoric about getting their car that they forget to report delivery. I am sure there are many other improvements people could suggest.

I'm a lawyer. I have no excel skills. Regrettably, I cannot "take the torch" from Turbo.

BlueSL said:
My OP was directed at the board's general population (not Turbo), asking that spreadsheet contributors finish what they started and report their developments through and including delivery. That said, I really do think some re-thinking could improve the tool as it exists today. For instance, the old un-updated entries have become "noise" IMO. We should consider a rule for removing stale information.
In that the noise decision will be difficult for some entries, and removing could be taking away some good data along with the bad, maybe we just take the nosiy entries, color code the first column or maybe the order date column indicating that the row is considered noise and move it to the bottom of the sort order, so confirned good data is on top and noise is identified by a color code and at he bottom, out of the way unless you want to look at it. Entries that are clearly noise and have no value should be removed.

At any rate, the spreadsheet has been a fantastic tool for me. If it doesn't get changed from the way it is now, that's ok, I'll still find it very useful. And while I'm eager to see how many deliveries there were on that day - daily updates - that is obsessive and the twice a week updaes are great.

Thanks to turbo2ltr and everyone else who has made the speadsheet possible and added their data to it! :) :D :) :D

turbo2ltr said:
I honestly can't believe people are bitching about this but you know what, I have better things to do. If someone want's to take over and spend hours a week keeping up the spreadsheet, then PM me and it's all yours.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who found the spreadsheet to be tremendously useful, as it is one of the totem of our year long journey in the quest for our first EV and a means of keeping our sanity when there were no communication from Nissan. I can't thank you enough for consistently updating the spreadsheet for such a long time. Anybody else would probably had stopped updating by now, as you've already received your Leaf 2 months ago.

I can see that it's a thankless job most of the time, but the fact that so many people are putting in their opinion about how things should be means that they really do care for the data and think that it's valuable to all of us.

Cheers,

Back