The spreadsheet is dying fast.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafkabob said:
TRONZ said:
You might want to keep in mind that the MNL party got started around April 20 and not this past Dec. It was a very intense process for the first LEAF owners and first only happens once.

I could be wrong but I thought the spreadsheet was started this past Dec. ;)

I was referring to people's join date on the MNL forum. Not the spreadsheet. Alot of members hit it pretty hard for the 9 months from order date to delivery date (April-Dec). Party on people... but maybe give Turbo a break.

cyellen said:
If anyone is like me, I quickly realized that entering all those details about my order history (many of which were just guesstimates) would eventually be used to fuel the entire "jumping the line conversation." When it eventually gets used against me and/or Nissan, what's the point?
+1

ElectricVehicle said:
the spreadsheet has been a fantastic tool for me.
+1

cyellen said:
If anyone is like me, I quickly realized that entering all those details about my order history (many of which were just guesstimates) would eventually be used to fuel the entire "jumping the line conversation." When it eventually gets used against me and/or Nissan, what's the point?

+1

jlaw99 said:
cyellen said:

+1

Come on, guys. Cyellen, you have your car. Its delivery is reported on the spreadsheet. The details of its arrival (and your good fortune) are clear from your prior posts. Congrats! Jlaw99, what is interesting about your order is that you are apparently being delayed (as are many line jumping lucky ducks) while Nissan tries to fill in September and October orders that were overlooked. You are posting about it elsewhere, but have not updated your line on the spreadsheet since February 23. Why not use the spreadsheet to help others understand what they can expect?

jlaw99 said:
eeman said:
Today I received an e-mail from Nissan announcing my delivery date has been updated. Since my delivery date has been updated probably forty times now and I have never received an update e-mail, I thought this must really be significant. I went to my dashboard and found my date was changed from week of May 26th to week of May 23. What is this all about? Are we subjects in a mind experiment? Any thoughts?

Port Townsend, WA

Same thing happened to me this week. I've had at least 5 or 6 date changes and this was the first message ever received. Just following the message my date moved out another week, then a day or so later it moved back. I am imagining an update for accessories being installed, then one for being loaded on a train or truck, but it's probably just sittinng at port like it has been for the last month or so... :( I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

cyellen said:
Yeah, what's the point of getting a better idea of when we're getting our cars? What's the point of asking Nissan to honor it's commitments made in press announcements and elsewhere? What's the point of getting a better idea of when our car be delivered and how predicatble / unpredictable that will be so we can make plans for our other vehicles, charger installation, finances, etc...?

I find it humorous that some of those who got premature deliver of their cars are so biased? unhelpful? - trying to come up with a polite term to not offend those who have gotten so lucky, and are advocating not sharing the delivery data when they realize they got lucky and that data can help those who were unfortunately caught in this order sequencing mix up by Nissan. (A few people on the forums were admittedly less polite, out of frustration, to those who ordered months later but got their LEAFs months earlier. That treatment was uncalled for, but it's not a good reason to not share your data or go burn all the library books. I for the most part referred to the premature deliveries as lucky, and would be happy to meet another LEAF owner, including those that got out of sequence, early delivery.)

Ultimately, this data benefits all future LEAF customers, as I know Nissan has changed their internal processes to have a more fair delivery order for all of the new orders.

For those of us whose LEAFs got delayed by the mixup, Nissan is making some effort to get us vehicles that are still in port and that they know are orphaned. I suspect that once the car gets to a dealer, and it's orphaned at the Dealer that Nissan corporate has very little control of it. It's a new process for Nissan, there's been a few mis-steps, and we've let Nissan know, in part because of the spreadsheet and Nissan has taken some corrective actions process wise and on individual orders as a result.

Even if we did not have the out of order issue, the spreadsheet combined with the information willing shared by LEAF enthusiast, owners, etc. has helped people understand the process of ordering, maufacturing, shipping, port options, transport to dealer, etc. fostering some understanding that the LEAF you order today won't be ready tomorrow. In this initial phase it takes a few months. (or a year, or some are even waiting to be able to order in their states) I was amazed at the amount of data available in the Tracking ships thread! The information in the spreadsheet has also helped to understand the magnitude of devastation caused by the Tsunami and what issues are a result of it and what issues are not related to it.

Actually the spreadsheet was not intended to discover the timing issues but boy did it ever.
Spreadsheet was to enable us to see the early orders tick off as delivered and we could time when ours was coming soon.

Nissan killed this effective tool by delivering the initial five months of orders in random order.
I am not sure it is any better of a prediction tool than the DB.

At least we get to see someone is getting a car but the order cannot be told.

This spreadsheet was a godsend to me. Thank you turbo2ltr for creating and maintaining it. Had it not been for the spreadsheet I would not have discovered that my VIN had already been assigned to someone else, then learned from the dealer it was an SV when I had upgraded to an SL, and in turn I would not have confronted Nissan and gotten them looking to correct that problem, which now looks like it may happen. Not only that but it motivated me to take matters into my own hands to get into the EV Project. I had to reserve a second Leaf to do it, but I probably would not have thought to do that had it not been for the information I learned both from the forum and the spreadsheet. I have now been accepted into the EVP and my dealer thinks I could get my SL by the end of the month, so it means both money in my pocket and (fingers crossed) getting a car. Thanks to all concerned.

There are a few March expected deliveries in the spreadsheet that show as not delivered yet. Can that be true? I believe jev77’s car is delivered, I saw a wild silver Leaf and an EV smile yesterday in Camas close to the lake. :D

Camas, send jev77 a PM and see if you can get jev to update -- or at least respond that the Leaf you saw in the wild was his/hers. That's what I have done (with mixed results) in the past in order to try to put some more integrity into the spreadsheet's data.

To Turbo and Drees: I applaud the decision to correct the odd Texas entries. Matt Kenigson is never coming back here. I believe his entry should be deleted.

jev77 replied to a post of mine on March 27th and states he received his Leaf March 18th. He is busy driving, ... cannot blame him. I PM him back than, but he never answered. So I am sure he has his car; I will PM him again to see if he answers.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2666&p=73454#p73454

BlueSL said:
Matt Kenigson is never coming back here. I believe his entry should be deleted.
I don't think it should be deleted - how do you know he's not coming back? It seems that his car should be in his hands soon if not already judging from Google search results...

Well I am nothing if not persistent. So here goes my third (or 4th?) attempt to get some updates going:

The spreadsheet shows these folks as still waiting for their cars but a careful reading of this forum will show that they have all posted at one point or another that they received their cars. First number is Spreadsheet entry #, then the date next to their name that they received their cars:
#291 - Evdriver - 3/8ish
270 -MrFish - 3/30
314 - Adric22 - 4/6
279 - Adaminla - 4/9
295 - Khargreaves - ? but he posted something to show that he has the car
302 - Trentr - 4/27
471 - Markd - 5/6
474 - TaylorSFguy -5/4 (I think)
535 - Dave Nagy - ? again, he posted about having the car
350 - Lemketron 5/10
300 - Yohannon - 5/11
485 - Ehuna - 5/12
I just don't get why it would be such a breach of any of these folks' privacy to update their entry for them, since they have puclicly acknowledged receipt of their cars on this very public forum. Go figure.

leafkabob said:
Well I am nothing if not persistent. So here goes my third (or 4th?) attempt to get some updates going:

The spreadsheet shows these folks as still waiting for their cars but a careful reading of this forum will show that they have all posted at one point or another that they received their cars. First number is Spreadsheet entry #, then the date next to their name that they received their cars:
#291 - Evdriver - 3/8ish
270 -MrFish - 3/30
314 - Adric22 - 4/6
279 - Adaminla - 4/9
295 - Khargreaves - ? but he posted something to show that he has the car
302 - Trentr - 4/27
471 - Markd - 5/6
474 - TaylorSFguy -5/4 (I think)
535 - Dave Nagy - ? again, he posted about having the car
350 - Lemketron 5/10
300 - Yohannon - 5/11
485 - Ehuna - 5/12
I just don't get why it would be such a breach of any of these folks' privacy to update their entry for them, since they have puclicly acknowledged receipt of their cars on this very public forum. Go figure.
A couple of TX notes: I think Adric22 bought an Orphan and his original order hasn't arrived yet. Also, I think 296 - LonghornLeaf received his car on 4/22 (Earth Day...)

These are some that expect so much from Nissan yet no follow through for themselves :roll:
If we ask less of others and more of ourselves the world will be a better place. ;)

Some wonder why people don't update the spreadsheet! Here's an example of one of the biggest reasons. Of course if you're lucky enough to finally get your car you should try to "wipe the smugness" off your face before posting. (As someone on MNL said long ago much better.) I don't know what if anything would be sufficient. I suspect there are many topics that a car owner simply cannot broach in any way with a car waiter.

BlueSL said:
LALeaf said:
David -

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

thankyouOB said:
nice to see the excitables sedated again.

I, of course, got my big course of drugs a month ago.
ThankyouOB, as someone who ordered his car in Feb and was lucky enough to get it in April, ahead of the Sept-Dec folks who are still waiting for a car, way to stay classy.

Only Stoaty can top OB when it comes to line-jumping smugness!

Myself I'm way luckier than most (though no car yet) and I know it and I promise to try my best to avoid smugness. But it really irked me to see people essentially telling derkraut that he had no right to say anything on any subject because he reserved a scant 3 weeks after them and had been waiting "only" something over a year. Sheesh.

walterbays said:
Some wonder why people don't update the spreadsheet! Here's an example of one of the biggest reasons.
Walter, for those who have received a car, it really doesn't matter when they ordered, they should update the spreadsheet (if they previously provided info for an entry) to show "car received."

Your argument seems to apply more to why someone may not want to enter their info into the spreadsheet in the first place.

You guys are getting out of hand. I mean seriously people, IT'S A SPREADSHEET. We have world hunger and you guys are bickering over who didn't update their entry. Now we are getting requests to be taken off the sheet because of all this. Talk about having the opposite effect.

I think I'm done. It's sad a few people have to ruin it. You know who you are.

Drees is doing a bang up job updating, he can choose some more people to help him as I bow out.

turbo2ltr said:
You guys are getting out of hand. I mean seriously people, IT'S A SPREADSHEET.
Perhaps the spreadsheet has outlived its usefulness. There is a lot of valuable information on MNL, but I don't think I would include the spreadsheet in that category at this point.

Back