Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember in one of the news threads that Reeler said he was thinking about purchasing another Leaf to have at his Colorado residence, but that would be later....

Right, he indicated that HE spends time in both places, but that his "first" LEAF would stay registered (and mostly used) in CA. After the "cold weather" package is ready, he hoped to get a LEAF-CW for his CO location.

ttweed said:
I believe Tom [Reeler] has stated that his Leaf will be staying at his CA home in this thread. I don't know where the author of that article got the idea that he is going to drive it to CO.

TT
Either reeler told 'em that, or the local station has their head way way up their wazoo
:D
It's unlikely he, or anyone with such a sneaky plan would ever admit to the sneeky plan, so I'm opting for choice 'B' ... channel 9 has selective and easily distorted listening.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmlturNNec&feature=channel
By looking at these youtube vid's it's clear there are other folks who already have deliveries, but are not a part of the spreadsheet. Perhaps the all-powerful ones who protect the accuracy and integrity of the spreadsheet could flesh out the sheet with the data provided on the videos ... at least to the extent of state / color / (appx) date ... so folks have a fuller view of current deliveries. Just a thought.

This spreadsheet is catching most of the Leafs that have landed. I was told that mine was the 9th one sold in the US (1st of the 6 going out of Fontana Nissan today and tomorrow).

They had trouble starting up CarWings for the 3 of us there this mourning. They had to reinstall some software which took about 45 minutes. The problem was identified quickly and resolved. I was impressed they were knowledgeable enough to nail down the problem so fast. What I saw on the screen made me think I was only in a bad cell phone reception area. They weren't fooled. This bodes well for resolving future problems (we all know there will be a few).

Currently the spreadsheet shows five of the 19 North American deliveries, or about 25%. One in four is pretty good for a forum!

Since there are about 100 "Pendings" listed between the last delivery and my row on the spreadsheet, I'll guess I'll be about the 400th North American Leaf customer. I'll divide this by a guess of the future Leaf shipment rate to come up with a completely wild-a$$ conjecture of when one will be warming my garage.

turbo2ltr said:
I'm going to have to agree with the other thread that 19 sales were to dealers and not actual deliveries..
I duno . . . after talking to them this afternoon, the good folks representing the Fontana Nissan (the home base of todays HUGE delivery sight) management told me today THEY are still on the wait list! . . . including tomorrows (or the nest day's ) car carrier delivery, which will bring the total up to about 10. Considering that, I'm going to guess it's a bunch of "non-spreadsheet" members. I gotta go to bet . . .this was a harrowing day, thinking it might have been US.

Apart from all the bruh ha ha . . . I want to give out a big THANK YOU . . . to the fine folks keeping the spread sheet updated. Without their efforts, it wouldn't be worth using for TP. So, thank you!

Tomorrow? (or the next day) the Fontana delivery list will grow. Congrats again, all you lucky stiffs. I'm hoping some one w/ a quick charge port will drop out . . . and if so? I'll say "Forget the glacier pearl that we're waiting for ! ! I'd rather pay up today ! ! ! "

And, even though Fontana was not the 1st dealer to participate here (it was Santa Barbara Nissan, as I recall), they did go "all in" trying to attract potential customers. In the "early weeks" they just "tried harder", and "did better" than most other dealers.

hill said:
turbo2ltr said:
I'm going to have to agree with the other thread that 19 sales were to dealers and not actual deliveries..
I duno . . . after talining to them this afternoon, the good folks representing the Fontana Nissan (the home base of todays HUGE delivery sight) management told me today THEY are still on the wait list! . . . including tomorrows (or the nest day's ) car carrier delivery, which will bring the total up to about 10. Considering that, I'm going to guess it's a bunch of "non-spreadsheet" members. I gotta go to bet . . .this was a harrowing day, thinking it might have been US.

Apart from all the bruh ha ha . . . I want to give out a big THANK YOU . . . to the fine folks keeping the spread sheet updated. Without their efforts, it wouldn't be worth using for TP. So, thank you!

Tomorrow? (or the next day) the Fontana delivery list will grow. Congrats again, all you lucky stiffs. I'm hoping some one w/ a quick charge port will drop out . . . and if so? I'll say "Forget the glacier pearl that we're waiting for ! ! I'd rather pay up today ! ! ! "

My car is supposed to be on the next truck to Fontana. I stinks seeing later orders/VIN's being delivered and my car not there. I did receive my 7 day till delivery email on Monday so the next truck should include my car. If it arrives in time I will be taking delivery on Friday.

turbo2ltr said:
Now that dates are being handed out, lets compare..

Thanks to csriram45, this google doc will be easier to maintain.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

UDPATE:
Due to vandalism, the sheet has been locked down for edits. It is still viewable by all.
Hello. I'm new here, but wondered why not use Google Docs Forms for this? This is exactly the kind of thing it was made for. It would make it a lot easier for folks to submit their data while preventing prevent vandalism of other data. If you're still concerned about bogus data being submitted, have it go into a different "Pending" spreadsheet. (Sorry to use a bad word! :wink:) If you arrange it right, you could simply copy/paste all approved rows directly to the publicly-viewable master spreadsheet.

http://docs.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=15166 (check out the video first.)

— Pending…

Welcome.

I tried this 10 ways to sunday and no matter what I did when I went to save the form it said "Oops, there was an error saving". I gave up after spending 45 minutes on it. In theory its a good idea, but at this point, it's easier just to do it the way we do it now.

garygid said:
And, even though Fontana was not the 1st dealer to participate here (it was Santa Barbara Nissan, as I recall), they did go "all in" trying to attract potential customers. In the "early weeks" they just "tried harder", and "did better" than most other dealers.
I'm hoping that one of the 10 Fontana deliveries (with the L3 port) from yesterday and today will be a "no-show" ... and that I can snap it up. That'll leave my L3 port/glacier Pearl for someone else to move in on ... in maybe a couple more weeks or so.
;)

hill said:
garygid said:
I'm hoping that one of the 10 Fontana deliveries (with the L3 port) from yesterday and today will be a "no-show" ... and that I can snap it up. That'll leave my L3 port/glacier Pearl for someone else to move in on ... in maybe a couple more weeks or so.
;)

You could snap it up at a price of about $50k. :roll:

My dashboard just updated and changed from pending to week of 1/13/11.

The Carwings opened for the first time. Vin: ..260

I hope the dealer enjoys the car while I'm in Hawaii next week! Hopefully I'll pick it up 1/15/11.

ChicoBob said:
Was it showing Jan earlier before going to Pending ? Or is it the first time out of pending ...

evnow said:
ChicoBob said:
Was it showing Jan earlier before going to Pending ? Or is it the first time out of pending ...
It showed week of 1/5/11 before it went to pending. I also received the "next 7 day" delivery email on Monday.

I took delivery last night...I was a 1/5 then pending then 1/11 then the car is here call came on Monday afternoon.

Back