Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skywagon said:
My car is supposed to be on the next truck to Fontana. I stinks seeing later orders/VIN's being delivered and my car not there. I did receive my 7 day till delivery email on Monday so the next truck should include my car. If it arrives in time I will be taking delivery on Friday.

If they rolled 50 Leafs onto the ship in Oppama and then rolled them off in Long Beach, I'd presume that the "prep" of the cars happened more in order of where they ended up on the dock in Long Beach then the techs going through each car to find the serial number and rearrange them in serial number order. With the number of times the cars were shuffled between the end of the assembly line and the dock at Long Beach, I wouldn't suppose there is much ordering left to the bunch. Prep 'em, put them on trucks. Not surprised that a later serial number ends up at the dealer before an earlier one.

LakeLeaf said:
If they rolled 50 Leafs onto the ship in Oppama and then rolled them off in Long Beach, I'd presume that the "prep" of the cars happened more in order of where they ended up on the dock in Long Beach then the techs going through each car to find the serial number and rearrange them in serial number order. With the number of times the cars were shuffled between the end of the assembly line and the dock at Long Beach, I wouldn't suppose there is much ordering left to the bunch. Prep 'em, put them on trucks. Not surprised that a later serial number ends up at the dealer before an earlier one.

I think I tend to agree. If you've seen all the cars down there (other than LEAFs, that is....those were no place to be seen), I'm sure they're just in a holding area with no particular order and get rolled onto transporters however they are lined up. There may possibly be a delivery geographic aspect though, if cars don't start showing up any place else than southern California pretty soon (unless all the cars from the 20th are SoCal cars).

mwalsh said:
LakeLeaf said:

I think I tend to agree. If you've seen all the cars down there (other than LEAFs, that is....those were no place to be seen), I'm sure they're just in a holding area with no particular order and get rolled onto transporters however they are lined up. There may possibly be a delivery geographic aspect though, if cars don't start showing up any place else than southern California pretty soon (unless all the cars from the 20th are SoCal cars).

I was curious if being a forum supporter got you in the delivery line faster or not. By my rough tally so far, of the 12 deliveries (Gudy included) four are mynissanleaf supporters and eight are not. Thanks to the supporters, I’ll have to get with the program as I have gotten quite a bit of information about the Leaf but not much work done. No NW deliveries to date.

Bud said:
I was curious if being a forum supporter got you in the delivery line faster or not. By my rough tally so far, of the 12 deliveries (Gudy included) four are mynissanleaf supporters and eight are not. Thanks to the supporters, I’ll have to get with the program as I have gotten quite a bit of information about the Leaf but not much work done. No NW deliveries to date.
Atleast almost all Fontana deliveries are for members here.

But initial ceremonial deliveries were mostly others (and I don't think they were the earlier reservation / order holders except for gudy).

I won't be surprsied if a large % of early deliveries are to MNLF memebrs ...

evnow said:
Bud said:
Atleast almost all Fontana deliveries are for members here.

But initial ceremonial deliveries were mostly others (and I don't think they were the earlier reservation / order holders except for gudy).

I won't be surprsied if a large % of early deliveries are to MNLF memebrs ...

Oh, to clarify, the other eight owners are proud members of mynissanleaf forum. Membership does has its priviledge. None of the others count, they are cretins.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i have gone from pending to week of jan 24th!!

bummer!! was hoping for NEXT week!

Well, atleast yours is showing some signs of life; still "pending" here... Maybe my girlfriend is right to worry about the car not showing up before the end of the month. Considering I'm otherwise gone the rest of February, she might be having a mighty long wait for me to come back to sign the final paperwork..

Mine still shows week of Jan 11 for delivery, I actually took delivery today! In my opinion, the dates don't mean that much. I think once the production starts here in the US, then these dates will be exact.

Bud said:
I was curious if being a forum supporter got you in the delivery line faster or not.

Absolutely!!!

What you don't realize is that Gudy supported the forum to the tune of over $1000. The others were over $500. If you want to get to the front of the line, just write mynissanleaf.com a four digit check! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(hey wxxyz - it's worth a chance)

Just brought mine home!!! It is beautiful. Gina at Performance Nissan in Duarte was awesome. I will have more details later, but just know this car is everything you want and more! :D :D

LakeLeaf said:
Bud said:
I was curious if being a forum supporter got you in the delivery line faster or not.

Absolutely!!!

What you don't realize is that Gudy supported the forum to the tune of over $1000. The others were over $500. If you want to get to the front of the line, just write mynissanleaf.com a four digit check! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(hey wxxyz - it's worth a chance)

My employer would probably think that would be a bargain, as I would be productive (again?).

garygid said:
Too bad I am not allowed to even mention the alleged (but non-existant) "confidential" V_P _ee. :lol:
All joking aside, I find myself imagining Nissan coming to me some time last fall with a special offer: If I joined a V_P club for $1000, I would get my LEAF in December. If I didn't, I would be left high and dry with no information from them for four or five months, and would probably not get my car until March at the earliest. Would I have joined? You bet I would!

hobbyguy said:
Mine still shows week of Jan 11 for delivery, I actually took delivery today! In my opinion, the dates don't mean that much. I think once the production starts here in the US, then these dates will be exact.

i hope you are right, Jan 24th is ok i guess, but still disappointing. i fail to see why i would not get my by next weekend the 14th at the latest.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i hope you are right, Jan 24th is ok i guess, but still disappointing. i fail to see why i would not get my by next weekend the 14th at the latest.
I'll gladly trade your 1/24 date for "pending w/ no date ever generated" status.
;)

hill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I'll gladly trade your 1/24 date for "pending w/ no date ever generated" status.
;)

Gary, i feel ya, i really do. i know how long you have waited for this and i know your disappointment over your "pending" Aptera delivery and so on.

Anyone see this comment over at green.autoblog.com? If it is more then speculation, it would explain the delays for some folks:

"ALL of the early production run (VIN numbers less than around 300) must have had some kind of "production defect" and were held at the US docking point for retrofitting."

c1987 said:
Anyone see this comment over at green.autoblog.com? If it is more then speculation, it would explain the delays for some folks:

"ALL of the early production run (VIN numbers less than around 300) must have had some kind of "production defect" and were held at the US docking point for retrofitting."
George Parrott (the person you are quoting) is a member of this forum - he has both a Volt and a LEAF on order. mwalsh (IIRC) was the one who got the tip from his dealer on the work that was being done to the first boat of LEAFs and first posted that information here on the forum a week or so ago.

Back