Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
derkraut said:
Easy big fella....it's only a car, for Chrissake! :roll:

See, you say that, and in a literal sense it's true, but I've owned a number of cars in my life. I've driven a lot of cars for a lot of miles. This, sir, is no car.

:)

ps. who else wants an 'app' for the Nav/Audio system that plays the Jetsons car sound effect coordinated with your speed, to amuse your friends when you take them on demonstration drives? Just me? OK, never mind.

wsbca said:
derkraut said:
Easy big fella....it's only a car, for Chrissake! :roll:

See, you say that, and in a literal sense it's true, but I've owned a number of cars in my life. I've driven a lot of cars for a lot of miles. This, sir, is no car.

:)

Eww Eww, I know that one! Its from the VP debate when Quale got his head handed to him. He was so pissed :lol: ! And, yes derkraut, you may wish it was just another gas car and not something SOOOO much more important. I mean, the last time EV's were on the road, people got arrested trying to prevent them from being taken away.

derkraut said:
who else wants an 'app' for the Nav/Audio system that plays the Jetsons car sound effect coordinated with your speed, to amuse your friends when you take them on demonstration drives?

Sign me up!

We have tabulated "assignment" of 35 out of the 115
"later-production" VIN numbers (low 151 to high 265).

So, about 30% reported, which is a rather good member
representation in this first "pile" of LEAFs.

TRONZ said:
Well I have talked to more Nissan people in the last week than in the entire past year. They say the car we ordered was manufactured in Nov. BUT, and this is the real scary part, they cannot tell me what the VIN number is?!? Our PD also does not have a VIN even though, according to him, "we should be in the front of his line". Their sales manager has contacted Nissan. I would like to think that our car is secure and this is just a Dashboard glitch. BUT why does our dealer not even have a VIN for us on a car that lands in about 5 days? He has VINs for everyone on 8/31-9/1 but not us. Are others having this happen as well??? The Nissan CS Supervisors now have screen shots from our dealer but have no explanation for what is going on. Congratulations to everyone with a VIN and delivery date. For us, I guess being at the front also means being the first with problems. I can see this playing out several different ways but all of them begin with Nissan Corp saying " Why didn't someone tell us about this!!!???". Hopefully I will get it sorted fast and spare others from having to go through this.

There is a rumor of some orphan cars being available. Maybe this is where they came from, lost in the morass of the website they pop up as orphans. God forbid!

Long4Leaf said:

There is a rumor of some orphan cars being available. Maybe this is where they came from, lost in the morass of the website they pop up as orphans. God forbid!

I will clarify there will NOT be any orphan cars. I talked with Nissan VP's this week on Tuesday event in Scottsdale. I asked that very question. The answer was any car not bought by the purchaser will be moved to the next person on the list. No dealers will keep the car and over charge for it.

Gonewild said:
I will clarify there will NOT be any orphan cars. I talked with Nissan VP's this week on Tuesday event in Scottsdale. I asked that very question. The answer was any car not bought by the purchaser will be moved to the next person on the list. No dealers will keep the car and over charge for it.
Interesting. So, do they contact the next person in line and ask them if they want to change colors if it's not their color? With our smart, our delivery date kept getting pushed back, so we called the local dealer and begged for an orphaned car. They sold us one with the same specs, just different color that someone else had ordered and failed to pick up within 30 days. We weren't the next in line, but apparently I was convincing enough in my plea to get that orphaned car.

Some accessories might be an issue but there are not many combinations of the basic car.
Any dealer would probably have a quick match up so not even a need to retransport the car.

cinmar said:
Gonewild said:
Interesting. So, do they contact the next person in line and ask them if they want to change colors if it's not their color? With our smart, our delivery date kept getting pushed back, so we called the local dealer and begged for an orphaned car. They sold us one with the same specs, just different color that someone else had ordered and failed to pick up within 30 days. We weren't the next in line, but apparently I was convincing enough in my plea to get that orphaned car.

I have an idea! How about Nissan actually contacting the person that ordered the car in the first place. This would be a nice touch!

interesting thing on the orphans. at what point do they become orphans since the buyer could back out on delivery day. making the car pretty much available to the next person in line AT THAT DEALER.

that is how Toyota did the Prius and they had a lot of practice since the car was pretty much unavailable for immediate purchase for 2 ½ years.

when i got my 2006 it was after my 2004 was wrecked. i ordered the car (end of full tax credit of $3150 for Prius ended sept 30th) the end of August with zero hope of getting one before the deadline. but someone backed out, there were a dozen people in line in front of me, they all turned it down, so it came to me. it was first choice on package and color...LOL!! so i got mine after a two week wait when the average wait at that time was over 3 months

Oh mine changed to..... oh yea... forgot. I stopped looking. I am sure my dealer who is anxious to serve since he vets commisb will let me know.... but then again I still secretly check once a week now

Once a week? I check my dash every four hours, because I just can't get enough of that rich Pending feeling!

At this point, I'd settle for something like "ETA: March/April/May", and I've told Nissan as much. At least put a window on it so I can decide whether to put new tires on the old car or not.

Back