September Orders : September 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to RAQ here in Oregon. No e-mail yet. I'm part of the ECOtality group. Reserved April 20th, right after I got the e-mail (2:55).
Woohoo!

I was able to order a few minutes after 12 MST (PDT)

My etec application was approved but I have not been contacted yet for an assessment. I had the SV selected prior to ordering, and it forced me to the SL-etec trim with no other option that I saw. Which is fine.

I had just got off the phone with nissan and the person that I dealt with didn't have a clue about the etec trim or the free charge port.

Within 5 minutes I had the quote back from the dealer and placed the order.

No e-mail for me yet.

I can't order because I haven't heard back from ECOtality yet. But I got this from Nissan:

"...we have been assured that eTec will certainly be in contact with you very soon. And again, it is in no way "holding up" your request a quote."

So hopefully I'll hear something soon.

In regards to the Sept orders:

"Only a small percentage of September orders were released today. The order availability is being released in small percentages daily. The only advice I can offer you at this time is to wait for your email telling you when it is your turn to order. The only information that I can assure you of is that you will be contacted sometime during the month of September."

garygid said:
Ordering not yet enabled, no email, no AV, but have called in.
20 April around 3 pm, not EVProject.

Me -

no ordering enabled yet
no email
AV assessment done
Reserved at 2:27 pm on 20 APR
No EVProject
Well outside of any launch city

I had actually set up my account early in the day on the 20th and was logged in when reservations started, so I got through it pretty early.

EVDRIVER said:
mwalsh said:
Wonder if it's going to be staggered? Maybe throughout the whole month? That's going to be murder on you guys!

Nissan says it is staggered over days

5% a day, but I can't see it being the whole month because TX/HI are also in Sept., so I figured it would be toward the end Sept. for them.

EVDRIVER said:
mwalsh said:
Wonder if it's going to be staggered? Maybe throughout the whole month? That's going to be murder on you guys!

Nissan says it is staggered over days

I've heard this too, though not from anyone with real authority. But this method is logical. If you have 3000 people ordering in September then release 100 per day and it will spread the load on your network as well as the phones for those with questions. I also agree with others that if they know that they are going to spread this load this way, they can send out an email to all September orders on September 1st and say which day they will get "released to order".

cdub said:

"Only a small percentage of September orders were released today. The order availability is being released in small percentages daily. The only advice I can offer you at this time is to wait for your email telling you when it is your turn to order. The only information that I can assure you of is that you will be contacted sometime during the month of September."

It would be nice to know (if anyone else chats with Nissan about the ordering):

Are all emails sent out in a particular time window during the day - e.g. starting at noon PST. At least that way we know if nothing happens between noon and 1:00 that we are not going to get in that day and can get back to our regular lives.

turbo2ltr said:
I was able to order a few minutes after 12 MST (PDT)

My etec application was approved but I have not been contacted yet for an assessment. I had the SV selected prior to ordering, and it forced me to the SL-etec trim with no other option that I saw. Which is fine.

I had just got off the phone with nissan and the person that I dealt with didn't have a clue about the etec trim or the free charge port.

Within 5 minutes I had the quote back from the dealer and placed the order.

Turbo, I think you are the same as me...I was approved, but he said no one would need to come out for an assessment and the station/dock would be installed a few weeks before delivery of the car.

LakeLeaf said:
cdub said:

It would be nice to know (if anyone else chats with Nissan about the ordering):

Are all emails sent out in a particular time window during the day - e.g. starting at noon PST. At least that way we know if nothing happens between noon and 1:00 that we are not going to get in that day and can get back to our regular lives.

Tomorrow, the emails will be sent out starting in the morning, probably ending by 2 PM PDT, like they will be today (ending around 2).

mwalsh said:
wildcatzoo said:
I hit reload and could order at about 12:12. Near Pasadena CA, no EV project, 4/20.

Nancy

Welcome Nancy! Have you been lurking all along, or are you just finding us?

I think I read a few posts back in April but then forgot about the forums until yesterday. Thanks to you all for the info. Still no email from them saying I can order, it just showed up online. Now to get the electrical system upgraded, put in the charger, and do a test drive someday...

nancy

wildcatzoo said:
I think I read a few posts back in April but then forgot about the forums until yesterday. Thanks to you all for the info. Still no email from them saying I can order, it just showed up online. Now to get the electrical system upgraded, put in the charger, and do a test drive someday...

nancy

Failing anything formal in the way of a Nissan Test Drive event, the Leaf is supposed to be part of the "Ride 'n' Drive" at the Alt Car Expo next month in Santa Monica. I'm going to be talking to my person at Nissan to see if forum members might be able to get some private time with the car either before or after it's available to the public.

Edit: Oops, forgot the link:

http://www.altcarexpo.com/

Was able to order when I got back from lunch, ~12:45. Still do not have an email from Nissan.

reserved - Apr 20 ~2:45pm
assessment scheduled - 9/15
SF Bay area

I'm delighted to hear that I was wrong, and that September ordering has begun and will continue during the month, rather than waiting until the end of the month, as Nissan's incompetent roll-out so far led me to believe.

I checked, and hit refresh, and I cannot order yet. I am not going to put my life on hold! I'll check a few times a day. If Nissan were not total jerks, they would (as suggested by an earlier poster) inform people what their ordering date would be. This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding Nissan: The AV overcharging fiasco, the ambiguity (until recently) about whether an EVSE was even needed, the refusal to divulge ordering priority, the complete ignorance of the people on the customer service line, the screw-ups that some people are experiencing with ordering, the web site which is very slick but full of bugs and impossible to actually find useful information on, the general lack of transparency.

I'm guessing they feel that keeping us in the dark will create more "consumer interest." It just makes me feel they are jerks.

LakeLeaf said:
From the lack of activity here, it doesn't look like anyone's dashboard has opened for the September orderers.

So how do I check if I have an access to the dashboard?
Is it supposed to show up automatically when I click on my account link?

What I see so far is this:
myaccount.jpg

Does it mean I am not among the lucky ones?

jason98 said:
LakeLeaf said:
From the lack of activity here, it doesn't look like anyone's dashboard has opened for the September orderers.

So how do I check if I have an access to the dashboard?
Is it supposed to show up automatically when I click on my account link?

What I see so far is this:
myaccount.jpg

Does it mean I am not among the lucky ones?

LOL, yep! When you click on 'order your Nissan LEAF' it will open up to the order page with all the options. Maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow! ;)

Daniel, are you aware that Nissan did not hire additional staff for the Leaf roll-out?

They are not being jerks, they are being overwhelmed trying to do an extremely large, very public project.

Dave,

I agree. Maybe everything has not gone as smoothly as anyone would like (including Nissan) and maybe their IT (contractor I assume) could have done better, but with 100's or 1000's of us calmoring (excited) to get our orders in, it is a tall task. I do agree with Daniel that they could be more transparrent about how they are opening up the ordering process. But in all the communication I have heard, this is consistent: Your place is line is determined by when you placed your reservation and it is not affected by assessment, order delays, etc. Consider the alternative, they deliver the LEAFS to the dealers and let us all flock to them. No, I am glad Nissan has approached it the way they have.

dbroeke said:
Dave,

I agree. Maybe everything has not gone as smoothly as anyone would like (including Nissan) and maybe their IT (contractor I assume) could have done better, but with 100's or 1000's of us calmoring (excited) to get our orders in, it is a tall task. I do agree with Daniel that they could be more transparrent about how they are opening up the ordering process. But in all the communication I have heard, this is consistent: Your place is line is determined by when you placed your reservation and it is not affected by assessment, order delays, etc. Consider the alternative, they deliver the LEAFS to the dealers and let us all flock to them. No, I am glad Nissan has approached it the way they have.

Your place in line is not necessarily determined by when you placed your reservation, but how fast the charge went through. A guy about three miles from me ordered after I did and I think he used a credit card and received Aug., whereas I used a debit card and received Sept. I didn't think about it at the time, but credit is pretty much instant and debit (used as a credit card) can take longer. I'm sure that's the difference.

Back