September Orders : September 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered an SL+QC, floor mats and protection package. $33.8K, North Bay in Petaluma, CA.

Now all I have to do is get an EVSE installed NLT 12/31. I am in a weird position in that I don't mind paying for Aero's EVSE, but a site survey by my local utility (and they didn't even charge me $100) has pretty much rendered their "standard installation" estimate moot.

In order to get the reduced electric car charging rate (-.02 per Kwh) I need either a submeter or a second meter. The utility isn't charging for the submeter or the installation in a standard meter box. A submeter installation at my place would be very simple and if Aero won't alter the installation estimate to include the meter box and the additional labor at a more reasonable price, I'll just get someone else.

I have been checking regularly and I was just able to place my order. The option was not available a few hours ago - whoo hoooo... I have not received an email yet from Nissan.

Dav said:
Daniel, are you aware that Nissan did not hire additional staff for the Leaf roll-out?

They are not being jerks, they are being overwhelmed trying to do an extremely large, very public project.
No, I was not aware of that. However, would it be so hard to send out one email telling everyone what their order date would be??? I hold the opinion that they feel that by keeping us in the dark they are generating excitement over the car. Adding that to the general incompetence of this whole roll-out (they COULD have hired more people, and they COULD have hired a competent web designer, and they COULD have made the ordering process transparent) I have a very bad taste in my mouth over this. A friend of mine is considering dropping out entirely due to what I will call the "ulcer factor" of this whole business.

When I bought my Honda Civic, it was a very friendly process and a happy experience. When I bought my Prius, it was a neutral experience: nothing special, nothing bad. I am going to buy the Leaf, because I want to be driving electric and the Leaf will be a better car then either of my other EVs. But right now I do not like Nissan. If they are not jerks, then they are incompetent, and that does not bode well for the quality of the car.

waidy said:
... I don't know what is splash guards...
Splash guards go behind the wheels to block stuff the wheels throw up. The front ones protect the underside of your car. The rear ones protect the car behind you. Rear splash guards are a matter of courtesy to other drivers. Splash guards and floor mats are probably the only options I'll get.

Sorry, I think you are being way too harsh.

If you don't want the excitement (and self-induced ulcers) of being first in line for something never done before... well, don't jostle for position as first in line. :eek:

Back