September Orders : September 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to report that I got an email from Nissan to "request a quote", which I just did. I added the L3 options and several accessories. My "order" is now on the dealer's hand. At this point I am waiting for the reply from the dealer.

In the process of doing the "request a quote", I have to call Nissan's 877 number to sign a wavier of NOT using AV's charger (I already have a Coulomb CT2102 in the garage). I don't know what is splash guards, protection package, door kick plate, and safety kit and therefore did not include these on my quote request. Does anyone here know what they are?

dbroeke said:
Consider the alternative, they deliver the LEAFS to the dealers and let us all flock to them. No, I am glad Nissan has approached it the way they have.

I agree! I'm 98% sure I won't get mine in December when it would help the most with the tax credit. My income will be lower next year and I won't be able to use all of the $7500. But I'm not doing this to get the very lowest price. I'm trying to do things that change the amount of CO2 I put into the atmosphere.

Azrich said:
I agree! I'm 98% sure I won't get mine in December when it would help the most with the tax credit. My income will be lower next year and I won't be able to use all of the $7500. But I'm not doing this to get the very lowest price. I'm trying to do things that change the amount of CO2 I put into the atmosphere.

Me, as well!! But getting $1000 under MSRP at Pacific Nissan didn't hurt !!! :D

waidy said:
I am happy to report that I got an email from Nissan to "request a quote", which I just did. I added the L3 options and several accessories. My "order" is now on the dealer's hand. At this point I am waiting for the reply from the dealer.

In the process of doing the "request a quote", I have to call Nissan's 877 number to sign a wavier of NOT using AV's charger (I already have a Coulomb CT2102 in the garage). I don't know what is splash guards, protection package, door kick plate, and safety kit and therefore did not include these on my quote request. Does anyone here know what they are?

Waidy, splash guards on all four wheel wells don't just protect your car from mud, etc., but will help protect your rocker panels (lower sides of car) from nicks, or things kicked up by your tires. The protection package will probably be an almost invisible plastic coating/bra over your bumpers and the front of the hood. Some people think you may also get a black rubber protector on top of the back bumper. The hologram kickplate is probably an aluminum plate that fits over your entry sill and has LEAF in blue that lights up when you open your front doors. I'm not sure what is all in the safety kit, but there is a pic of these options on a Versa in the options thread.

waidy said:
I don't know what is splash guards, protection package, door kick plate, and safety kit and therefore did not include these on my quote request. Does anyone here know what they are?

Take a look at this article. There are screen shot explantions of these options. I'm getting the protection package (lots of rocks on the roads around Tucson), the kick plate (my current vehicle lost lots of paint on the door jam the first year), and the carpets.

http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-leaf-ordering-starts-today-minor-hiccups-overcome-65279.html

Azrich said:
waidy said:
I don't know what is splash guards, protection package, door kick plate, and safety kit and therefore did not include these on my quote request. Does anyone here know what they are?

Take a look at this article. There are screen shot explantions of these options. I'm getting the protection package (lots of rocks on the roads around Tucson), the kick plate (my current vehicle lost lots of paint on the door jam the first year), and the carpets.

http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-leaf-ordering-starts-today-minor-hiccups-overcome-65279.html

Rich, after I looked at a 2010 Murano in Glacier Pearl, I changed my Ocean Blue to GP. Have you seen what GP looks like yet? If not, you should soon. :)

leaffan said:
Rich, after I looked at a 2010 Murano in Glacier Pearl, I changed my Ocean Blue to GP. Have you seen what GP looks like yet? If not, you should soon. :)

I saw a GP Murano at work the other evening...granted, it was after the sun went down, but it looked like the car hadn't been washed in a week or so....MAN did it look dirty. GP is great if it's clean, but I think it shows dirt a tad too much. :?

12:23 RAQ submitted.
12:38 Quote received and accepted.

2:30 Mail from Nissan comes saying I can requst a quote.

I think I'd have picked up the car before I get a mail from Nissan saying the car has left Japan :lol:

I wonder whether they will release some everyday at 12:00 PM PST. If that is the case, atleast people know when to check ... instead of checking all the time ...

evnow said:
I wonder whether they will release some everyday at 12:00 PM PST. If that is the case, atleast people know when to check ... instead of checking all the time ...

Only about 5% each day may be sent. It was only afternoon today, but I believe they may start in the AM tomorrow and maybe go to one or so. ;)

For those of us who reserved and then ordered cars, how and when do we get our $99 back?

Weird. Just logged into dashboard now, and it shows quote received - and wanted me to accept the quote again. I already got the order confirmation mail around 12:40.

Got my e-mail at 2:10 PM today although I didn't check my e-mail until after 5:00 PM! I am fortunate I think!? I went with Danny at Fontana. Done deal!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR ORDER E-MAIL SOON!

September order month
Los Angeles County

I wasn't home this afternoon when my order window opened up, so I saw it when I logged into Nissan at 3:20 PM PDT. My "you can request" email was sent at 5:19 PM EDT (2:19 my time). I have not gotten an offer from my dealer yet, so all I know is that he assured me earlier by phone that it would be "at MSRP".

I'm at the southern edge of SF Bay Area, was not offered EV Project.
Reserved Apr 20 using debit card (they wouldn't take my AmEx credit card).
Assessment done July 13.

Back