San Juan Capistrano Launch Event-11/17/12

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see the EV Oasis Fuji QC station get a brief mention in the press:

Fuji Electric releases newly designed DC Quick Charging Station
Two months after introducing a publicly available charging station at California’s Residence Inn San Juan Capistrano, station data shows a total distribution of nearly 2 MWh of energy, averaging five users per day.
Is the station charging for use yet?

5 users per day is pretty good - that's probably close to 3 hours of use a day. I wonder what a typical capacity factor is for a QC station - I have to imagine that even with that amount of use per day there is a good chance of having to wait to charge since people tend to travel around the same time.

5 users/day over 2 months is about 300 charges total for about 2,000 kWh of energy, or about 7 kWh / charge. Seems clear that people aren't waiting to get a full charge and are only using it as needed to get to their destination another 20-30 miles away.

TonyWilliams said:
drees said:
Is the station charging for use yet?
Yes, per minute (I don't know the exact charge... about $10/hr?).
Not bad. I like the "per minute" pricing model. So, the ~30 min. of charging I did in December to make it to the Blink QC in Diamond Bar might have cost only about $5 if that pricing had been in effect. :)

Well, the typical Blink QC can charge faster than this one, so one should expect it's rate to be slightly more if all else were equal.

drees said:
Well, the typical Blink QC can charge faster than this one, so one should expect it's rate to be slightly more if all else were equal.

Only if the battery is low (below half, where the DC charge is ramped below 120 amps) and then only for the first handful of minutes.

Back