EV Celebration in Del Mar-February 25th 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evoasis

Attention all San Diego "Leafer's" and other "Electronauts".
Evoasis will be hosting a Celebration of the EV on February 25th in Del Mar from 4-10PM. We will have some "pre-deployment" DC Chargers at the location for viewing and detailed introduction.
Food and drink will be on-hand and we expect to see an "eclectic-electric" mix of vehicles at the gathering, including the new ActiveE BMW. Limited test-drives will be in-the-offing.
If you wish to attend, and are "within range", please drop me a note with your name and number in your party as we want to make sure we don't run out of food and "libations" during the event.
mail to: [email protected]
Address for the event is at my home in Del Mar
12719 Via Felino, Del Mar, CA 92014
We are just off Carmel Valley Road near the Torrey Pines State Beach.
We hope to see you there and look forward to an exciting and interesting day of fun. :p
Angus Clark-Evoasis

Wish we could attend, Angus, but we'll be out of town that weekend visiting the grandkids. :(

BTW, I lived one block over on Via Esperia in Del Mar when I was attending UCSD in the late '60s. Four of us surf-hippies shared a 3-bedroom house there for several years, paying $35/mo. rent each. When we graduated, the owner offered us the house for $22K. We just laughed at him--"Where are we going to get $22 thousand dollars?" we asked. Oh the follies of youth.... :roll:

TT

Hi Tom, thanks for the giggle :lol: The entire rent for the 4 of you is approximately my monthly Water Bill :? Oh for the days when all we needed was a running car, a place to crash and next Fridays beer-money! We've got a house full of "starving-students" just down the street. They still have their Christmas Tree up in the front room! "Shabby-Chic" around here costs about 40K a square foot.
I have a feeling that if "Young Tom" met "Now Tom", he would think it pretty cool that you were on the cutting-edge of the EV-Olution...
Sorry we're missing you this time-hopefully catch you at the next one-Cheers Angus:)

Dang, by 5pm I got as far as San Clemente . . . . found myself with blocked chargers at both Laguna Beach and the weseloh nissan. Turned back and limped home
:(
Hope every one had a great time.

Back