[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the fund will probably run out of money sometime in April, my delivery month. It will put in jeapody sales of Leafs after it runs out. From what i can observe, there are many counting on the fund to be able to afford their puchase. Having to waiting for the money 6 to 12 months will discourage E V sales

stanley said:
Unfortunately the fund will probably run out of money sometime in April, my delivery month. It will put in jeapody sales of Leafs after it runs out. From what i can observe, there are many counting on the fund to be able to afford their puchase. Having to waiting for the money 6 to 12 months will discourage E V sales

I don't know that it will run out before the end of April--there would have to be ~1200 cars delivered in California with immediate applications before yours. It's possible that the program will get another shot in the arm over the summer.

gascant said:
stanley said:

I don't know that it will run out before the end of April--there would have to be ~1200 cars delivered in California with immediate applications before yours. It's possible that the program will get another shot in the arm over the summer.

I just heard that CA law now requires the ECO package for the rebate. You must have the large stickers as well.

EVDRIVER said:
I just heard that CA law now requires the ECO package for the rebate. You must have the large stickers as well.

I was just at the CVRP web site and there's no mention of it...do you have a reference? This would be quite a remarkable turn of events (especially since I only got the kick plate and not the package).

The CRVP workshop on Saturday had some interesting information regarding the CRVP fund. The first was CCSE was close to concluding it funding negotiations with the CEC for $2M for 4+ passenger vehicle highway capable vehicles (ie LEAFs). The other new was they are moving funding around so that the commercial vehicle rebates will be redirected to a different funding method. They estimated that this would mean that the CRVP funding for 2011 will be approximately the equivalent of 1700 LEAFs. :)

Just got my $5k check today :D No doubt the ECO package helped :lol:
EVDRIVER said:
garygid said:
Hard for a newcomer to know when he is serious, and when he is joking.
I certainly have a hard time telling if EVDRIVER is serious or joking sometimes and I would not consider myself a newcomer at this point even though perhaps I am :) Smilies might help in communicating the intent.

+1 on check received today, Valentine's Day. Car delivered 1/19. Applied online 1/20 ... mailed paperwork 1/24 (certified/return receipt; arrived there 1/26).

Sweet Valentine's Day gift! Gave it to my wife - better than any Hallmark card, I'm happy to report...

And yes, the CVRP folks are to be commended for their process. I applied online late Jan, and got a reminder email saying I hadn't filed my paperwork, which I sent in on Feb 2nd, so this was very quick - maybe they're doing them in batches, since we all got them the same day, even though they were submitted at different times.

I almost feel bad taking the money, given the state of the state, but since I'm plowing it into a good-for-the-state long-term investment, what the heck.

In addition to being Valentine's Day, February 14th represented the last day that commercial zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) could apply to CVRP for rebates. Subsequent commercial ZEV rebates will come from the heavy-duty hybrid incentive program, freeing up more CVRP monies for light-duty vehicle rebates. :)

The available funds went up a little bit, by two LEAF-equivalents today. A little odd. It looks like they moved 15 NEVs (neighborhood EVs) to a different funding source or something, while adding reservations for two LEAFs since yesterday. Net change is an increase of $12,500 in available funding for EVs like LEAF.

Current funding remaining is enough for 1,323 LEAF-type EVs.

Hey CenterForEnergy, where is the additional $2 million that was to be added?

That is correct, 15 NEV's have been canceled in the past few days. As for the additional $2 million from the CEC, those funds will be likely added in the next week. We will keep you posted when the additional funds get added.

I want to repeat what others have said here, kudos for keeping up on the forums and for the transparency. It's refreshing to see from a government entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back