Only 200 Leafs in 5 markets for December Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
leaffan said:
That's not necessarily true because I reserved within 5 minutes of the email at 3PM in AZ (same as CA time) and I still received a Sept. month.

The emails started coming earlier than that....I got mine at 2:30pm. The first ones were being reported at 2:28pm.

I got mine at 2:27pm.

gudy said:
mwalsh said:
leaffan said:
That's not necessarily true because I reserved within 5 minutes of the email at 3PM in AZ (same as CA time) and I still received a Sept. month.

The emails started coming earlier than that....I got mine at 2:30pm. The first ones were being reported at 2:28pm.

I got mine at 2:27pm.

Mine was at 2:27pm also.

mwalsh said:
I can't find them now, but we ran some numbers....we figured you would have had to reserved within like the first 13 minutes (or something real close) to get an August order date.

AAGH. I think i was within the first 30 minutes and i'm september. i was in a meeting dammit! Though i had my laptop and stopped paying attention to fill out the form. :)

I got my email Just before 5 pm On april 20th. In less then 3 minutes I have received A confirmation email From nissan verifying. My 100 dollar deposit And pre registration.

Makes me wonder If the registration was not Based on real time but on The amount of time between the delivery of the email and successful deposit??

DaveinOlyWA said:
Makes me wonder If the registration was not Based on real time but on The amount of time between the delivery of the email and successful deposit??

They can't make out when the mail was delivered ...

It might have been more about when your deposit was approved...any hold up on the end of your credit card could have delayed your order without you even knowing.

Gavin

I jumped on it immediately when the email arrived, but their website didn't like my browser settings and it refused to accept my credit card (AmEx). By the time I got all that sorted out I had lost about half an hour. I'm September, naturally.

When I think about it, with probably fewer than 200 orders to be submitted today, it was really stupid that there were any problems ordering for some folks here. I mean, this was a drop in the bucket compared to the 15k or so Nissan hopes to do this year. I hope this is totally cleaned up for the next round.
That said, I actually enjoyed the process more than usual (kind of festive) with the twitchy browser fingers and the dealers hyperventilating along with the buyers. I doubt buying a Tesla was as exciting.

Not to make anyone feel bad, but I didn't get my 4/20 email until 2:55pm PST, didn't read it until a little while later (don't remember exactly when) and still got an August order date. I do wonder if how you answered the questionnaire also affected your order date: I seem to recall some mention of Nissan giving priority to those eligible for Ecotality and/or those with a daily driving pattern ideal for the Leaf (urban driving, namely). It wouldn't do to have your first deliveries given to people with a 70 mile round-trip commute or otherwise at the limits of the Leaf's capabilities as the initial reviews might otherwise not be too positive..

TLeaf said:
Not to make anyone feel bad, but I didn't get my 4/20 email until 2:55pm PST, didn't read it until a little while later (don't remember exactly when) and still got an August order date. I do wonder if how you answered the questionnaire also affected your order date: I seem to recall some mention of Nissan giving priority to those eligible for Ecotality and/or those with a daily driving pattern ideal for the Leaf (urban driving, namely). It wouldn't do to have your first deliveries given to people with a 70 mile round-trip commute or otherwise at the limits of the Leaf's capabilities as the initial reviews might otherwise not be too positive..

I wonder if it is related to when you shceduled (or if) the assessment or completed it. Mine was scheduled for 8/23, but then I delayed it to 9/15.

dbroeke said:
I wonder if it is related to when you shceduled (or if) the assessment or completed it. Mine was scheduled for 8/23, but then I delayed it to 9/15.
No, that would not explain it. 2:27pm here; finished response in less than 15mins. Re-scheduled my assessment multiple times -- scheduled for late Sep; not EVP. August Order.

I did not realize I had the email until late in the evening... like 10p :cry: (4/20)
Assesment was done on July 5, but paperwork was not complete until about Aug 10 :x
(prewired house must have been complex to write up)

I am set for Sept but I think that might be a generalization as I am afraid I might be at end of Sept with many others before :cry:

That article - at least to my read - is a little bit contradictory.

The headline claims Only 200 Leafs in 5 markets for December Delivery

but the article goes on to say The Leafs ordered in August (which we have been told should number 240) should start being built in Japan in September, Ishak said. Orders that come in in September might have a slight chance of being filled in December, but most likely will hit dealer lots in January.

So the writer might be trying to say that there won't be 200 August orders??? so maybe some September orders will be delivered in December to get to the 200? - but if that is the case, why not spell it out succinctly in the article?

After reading the article one is left with the impression that at least 200 Leafs will be delivered in December.

Hopefully my personal income will be sufficient in 2011 to qualify for the $7500 tax credit. About the only downside to a 2011 delivery is if my income drops in 2011 - which the way the economy is, isn't out of the question. The other issue is the California tax credit - but as long as September orders are delivered before the general masses in California, that should be more then soon enough to still get the refund. So December or January isn't a biggie to me. Just hope my clunker holds up until then!

Speaking of clunkers - reports are the the auto market is in a major slump - worse now then when the gov't rushed through the Cash for Clunkers program. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Congress passed another cash for clunkers in time to get another $4k or $5k off of the Leaf? :shock: Maybe January isn't a bad thing after all.

TLeaf said:
I seem to recall some mention of Nissan giving priority to those eligible for Ecotality and/or those with a daily driving pattern ideal for the Leaf (urban driving, namely). It wouldn't do to have your first deliveries given to people with a 70 mile round-trip commute or otherwise at the limits of the Leaf's capabilities as the initial reviews might otherwise not be too positive..

That must be the case as my commute will be around 70 miles round trip.

Hopefully my personal income will be sufficient in 2011 to qualify for the $7500 tax credit

Is there a certain income threshold to be met, otherwise you will not qualify for a $7500 tax credit? Im confused.

rainnw said:
Is there a certain income threshold to be met, otherwise you will not qualify for a $7500 tax credit? Im confused.

For some, their income level is lower (think semi-retired or only working part time) and they don't owe $7500 in taxes. So they wouldn't be able to get the full tax credit then.

Back