Only 200 Leafs in 5 markets for December Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

Check out this article..... Not sure on its credibility, but I am really excited to be one of the 200 if its true!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS78599999020100831

Thanks Ray, I know a lot of people were wondering if they would get their cars in December with a September reservation. It sounds like some of the August people will not even be getting their car in December?

Timaz said:
Thanks Ray, I know a lot of people were wondering if they would get their cars in December with a September reservation. It sounds like some of the August people will not even be getting their car in December?

Anything is possible at this time. the quicker orders are done, the better chance of December delivery. Most if not all of today's orders should be December delivery. There is a slight chance of September orders to sneak in December. It will become clear in the next few days

they have about 30 customers who reserved in April and May (reservations started in April) who are still awaiting their invitation to order, and Ishak said he knew of five confirmed April orders that did not receive an invitation today (had those come through, they would have bumped his orders up to 11 Leafs).

I would have thought a reservation on 4/20 would have put me into this group as well, but not only did I not receive one of these emails, I also received this one around 8/27:

Hi #####, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in November 2010. We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

Why November 2010? What did I do wrong? I really have to wait for mid 2011?

Guess us lucky ones in CA that ordered today will not have to worry as much about getting our $5k state rebate before it runs out. Given that, I'll probably still overnight the application! :p

rainnw said:
they have about 30 customers who reserved in April and May (reservations started in April) who are still awaiting their invitation to order, and Ishak said he knew of five confirmed April orders that did not receive an invitation today (had those come through, they would have bumped his orders up to 11 Leafs).

I would have thought a reservation on 4/20 would have put me into this group as well, but not only did I not receive one of these emails, I also received this one around 8/27:

Hi #####, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in November 2010. We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

Right now Nissan is trying to fix everything that is going wrong with the ordering system and have not been able to give me any answers. As mentioned, there are a lot of customers in the same boat, who had not received the order email or have been delayed. As soon as I have some answers, I will post them.

Ready2plugin said:
Guess us lucky ones in CA that ordered today will not have to worry as much about getting our $5k state rebate before it runs out. Given that, I'll probably still overnight the application!

I believe that the process is in 2 steps :
1. you submit online (and I'm planning on doing that right at the dealer's place if I can)
2. you have 14 days to mail all the paperwork.

My understanding is that step 1 reserves the funds.

Gavin said:
Where do you live?

Gavin

Sorry, new to this forum, updated my location :)

I am in Seattle, WA.

Right now Nissan is trying to fix everything that is going wrong with the ordering system and have not been able to give me any answers. As mentioned, there are a lot of customers in the same boat, who had not received the order email or have been delayed. As soon as I have some answers, I will post them.

Okay, I wasn't sure if i ordered at the right particular second or not, but it seems like there could be a chance.

Did they also, by chance, get that funny email saying their reservation would open up at a date later than August?

ECOtality also has not contacted me like they said they would, but this appears to be a common issue as well.

That is strange...Most people in California, Arizona and Washington who ordered on 4/20 got either August or September (mostly september). Did you order early 4/20 or late 4/20?

Still wouldn't think it would bump you all the way to November.

Gavin

Gavin said:
That is strange...Most people in California, Arizona and Washington who ordered on 4/20 got either August or September (mostly september). Did you order early 4/20 or late 4/20?

Still wouldn't think it would bump you all the way to November.

Gavin

I clicked the link in the email for reserve now on 4/20 (i think i was ready to pounce like anyone else was), however, looking at the confirmation email i got on 4/21, it claims i made the reservation on that date (4/21). But it still seems very funny it would bump me all the way to november.

gudy said:
I believe that the process is in 2 steps :
1. you submit online (and I'm planning on doing that right at the dealer's place if I can)
2. you have 14 days to mail all the paperwork.

My understanding is that step 1 reserves the funds.

You don't need to wait until your car arrives and you have your registration in hand. You just have to be able to mail a copy of it (postmarked) within 14 days of filing for your rebate.

rainnw said:

I'm in Northern California, and made my reservation on 4/20 within 3 hours of the e-mail being sent. I have an October order date. I was really irked, so I contacted Nissan via chat. All I got was a: "so sorry." I really wanted to get my order in for a December delivery date for the tax credit, but figured since I lost out on that, we'd do solar panels this year and the Leaf next year. I'm hoping that California tax rebate will still be available for an October order date. I'm thinking it will.

cinmar said:
I'm in Northern California, and made my reservation on 4/20 within 3 hours of the e-mail being sent. I have an October order date. I was really irked, so I contacted Nissan via chat.

I can't find them now, but we ran some numbers....we figured you would have had to reserved within like the first 13 minutes (or something real close) to get an August order date.

mwalsh said:
cinmar said:
I'm in Northern California, and made my reservation on 4/20 within 3 hours of the e-mail being sent. I have an October order date. I was really irked, so I contacted Nissan via chat.

I can't find them now, but we ran some numbers....we figured you would have had to reserved within like the first 13 minutes (or something real close) to get an August order date.

That's not necessarily true because I reserved within 5 minutes of the email at 3PM in AZ (same as CA time) and I still received a Sept. month.

I would have totally been an August order if it wasn't for the freaking glitch when ordering.

Took me forever to figure out why it wouldn't let me log in... and then I finally realized that it was because I was entering the zip code of where I lived when currently instead of the zip code that I lived WHEN I SIGNED UP to be e-mailed. Crazy.

Back