Only 200 Leafs in 5 markets for December Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
Nissan has no excuse for what I would characterize as an ordering mess, with discussions here of whether you used a debit or credit card. As one of the first buyers of the Prius, I can testify that it was a clean and open process. Many of us really want an electric car but there is a limit to how much nonsense that I will put up with. I was an early subscriber to the Nissan Leaf website and as such should have received an initation to register on the first day. When I did not get one by the third day, I called and was told that it was an oversight. The consequence of this was that my order date was put back to November. Now my Nissan dealer has told me that only people who responded in the first two hours of the first day of invitations have September order dates. Choosing priority customers by how continuously they monitor their email makes no sense.

Unless a competitor delivers an electric car to the market in the first half of next year, I shall probably still buy a Leaf. However, if Ford accelerates the delivery time on the Focus, BYD starts shipping to the U.S., or Coda decides to sell in Arizona, my next car may not be a Leaf.

I hear ya Desert! They've really screwed me over too, not to mention the lies I've been getting from the Sup at CS. She told me yesterday that she GUARANTEES that no TX/HI order emails have been sent out even though I told her that two or three have ordered already, but she told me they have to be false. So today, I'm sending an email to them showing the date/time and place the Texas people ordered. Something is really messed up. I signed up on Nissan's website Nov., '09 and took the EV Project questionnaire at the same date on the EVP's website. I reserved 4/20 right after the email arrived at 2:55. I should have had an Aug. order date, but now it is late Sept. They also screwed up my dashboard and that took many weeks to correct. So it sounds like their email system is a crock of crap if their allowing TX to order before all the five rollout states.

leaffan said:
I reserved 4/20 right after the email arrived at 2:55. I should have had an Aug. order date, but now it is late Sept.

I know you don't like to hear it, or seem to be in denial about it, but you've already heard several times (I've tried to do it twice already myself) that a 2:55pm PST reservation was too late to get an August order date.

I agree with Mwalsh - I reserved at 2:33p PST. Just think how many reservations they got in the next 20 min. before you reserved - definitely over 200 (that was probably the max that got to order in August).

mwalsh said:
I know you don't like to hear it, or seem to be in denial about it, but you've already heard several times (I've tried to do it twice already myself) that a 2:55pm PST reservation was too late to get an August order date.

I think the time depends on the market. We got our mails around 2:55 for eg. Remember the delays in getting mail on 20th ? They apparently went by zip code ... we got ours zip code is 98***.

Though, I don't know when they got the mails on Pheonix.

ps : Just checked. They should have got their mails early in AZ. Zip starts with 85***. In CA it is more like 9?***.

Gonewild said:
Did you order late in the day or right when the email arrived?

Did you use a Debt card instead of a CC?

Both of those answers would put you later in the year. Sorry.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I probably responded an hour or so after I got the email on 4/20, and I used a debit card for the reservation. I placed my LEAF order on 9/3. I think that there is just a ton of speculation about all of this which, in the end, won't affect when anyone gets to order their car. Someone somewhere knows the hows and whys, but the likelyhood of that knowledge actually becoming public is extremely small. Do I wish that were not the case? Absolutely. But it doesn't change the circumstances that we all find ourselves in regarding the ordering process. (shrug)

mwalsh said:
leaffan said:
I reserved 4/20 right after the email arrived at 2:55. I should have had an Aug. order date, but now it is late Sept.

I'm not in denial when I know several people reserved AFTER I did and did get an Aug. order date. So that theory of yours is null and void. :) Btw, it was PDT, same as MST, not PST. DST started in Mar. for you. ;)

leaffan said:
I'm not in denial when I know several people reserved AFTER I did and did get an Aug. order date.

Is that in AZ ? In WA definitely later since we got the mails only at 2:55.

leaffan said:
I'm not in denial when I know several people reserved AFTER I did and did get an Aug. order date. So that theory of yours is null and void. :) Btw, it was PDT, same as MST, not PST. DST started in Mar. for you. ;)

Sorry man, I'm going to need evidence of that. I don't know a single person to reserve after 2:40pm that got an August order date.

mwalsh said:
leaffan said:

Sorry man, I'm going to need evidence of that. I don't know a single person to reserve after 2:40pm that got an August order date.

Read the reservation thread. There are several from WA and I know at least one (waiting to see their reservation times again) in AZ.

leaffan said:
Read the reservation thread. There are several from WA and I know at least one (waiting to see their reservation times again) in AZ.

See my post above. Yes, there will be in WA - since we got the mails only at 2:55. As Nissan has clearly stated they go by market & reservation order. You must have got your mail in AZ before 2:30 ...

All,

Not sure how many in Az received an email before 2:55pm, but the first delivery dates have more to do with when you completed your order on 8/31, in the event you were able to order. If you read the article, there are about 40 vehicle per launch State which i am now starting to think California will receive either additional vehicles or perhaps more than other states which may reduce our supple here in az!

In various states the email seems to have gone out at different times. The order placement may depend on the time between the local email and registration not necessarily a single set time for all orders.

smkettner said:
In various states the email seems to have gone out at different times. The order placement may depend on the time between the local email and registration not necessarily a single set time for all orders.
Don't you think that Nissan has a duty to its potential customers to show that the process was fair?

Timaz said:
All,

Not sure how many in Az received an email before 2:55pm, but the first delivery dates have more to do with when you completed your order on 8/31, in the event you were able to order. If you read the article, there are about 40 vehicle per launch State which i am now starting to think California will receive either additional vehicles or perhaps more than other states which may reduce our supple here in az!

The jury isn't out on this yet. There's a reason why we received that questionnaire the other day. I've been told repeatedly and others too that delivery is based on reservation date/time, NOT order date/time. The reason I believe this may be true is all the delays have been caused by factors beyond our control, namely the charging station issues. I don't think most people realize how many of us are in that same boat. Nissan wants to keep it fair and just. So, the final verdict isn't out yet. ;)

leaffan said:
The jury isn't out on this yet. There's a reason why we received that questionnaire the other day. I've been told repeatedly and others too that delivery is based on reservation date/time, NOT order date/time. The reason I believe this may be true is all the delays have been caused by factors beyond our control, namely the charging station issues. I don't think most people realize how many of us are in that same boat. Nissan wants to keep it fair and just. So, the final verdict isn't out yet. ;)

I think to an extent they can do this. But if orders have not been placed by the time they need to schedule production, they can only put in orders that have been placed. Since the production is supposed to start in October, may be they will take all the orders placed till end of next week and schedule them by market+reservation time.

evnow said:
leaffan said:

I think to an extent they can do this. But if orders have not been placed by the time they need to schedule production, they can only put in orders that have been placed. Since the production is supposed to start in October, may be they will take all the orders placed till end of next week and schedule them by market+reservation time.

I think they should put them in a hat and hire an intern to draw names, that is the best way clearly. If not they could have an event where you compete for your order date, hand-to-hand combat or something.

EVDRIVER said:
I think they should put them in a hat and hire an intern to draw names, that is the best way clearly. If not they could have an event where you compete for your order date, hand-to-hand combat or something.

Hand to hand combat seems a little extreme to me. I'd like to see a "WIPEOUT" style obstacle course or mud run for December delivery.

LBCev said:
EVDRIVER said:

Hand to hand combat seems a little extreme to me. I'd like to see a "WIPEOUT" style obstacle course or mud run for December delivery.

Who can hold a hot L2 charge plug the longest. Since I have taken a few 260V hits I feel confident I can make Dec. No GFI of course.

Back