Official Renault Zoe thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeiJidosha said:
This is a game changer. Why wouldn't every Renault/Nissan have this?
Indeed, and BMW and others better watch out, if Nissan and Renault keep innovating at this pace, they could build a significant first-mover lead. Couple of interesting quotes:

When the Zoe ZE is on the move at less than 18mph, it will warn pedestrians with a “ZE Voice” warning sound. The driver can choose between three different noises, or indeed turn it off if they find it annoying. The car includes a selection of features that Renault has dubbed Range OptimiZEr, a wince-inducing reference to eco tyres, improved regenerative braking and highly efficient heating.
How about a custom Ferrari sound? That would have clear advantage over some synthetic noise, since it would put both pedestrians and other drivers on alert ;-)

http://www.greenmotor.co.uk/2012/03/renault-zoe-ze-unmasked-keenly-priced.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we have a winner here. Too bad the pursuit car was a gasser, it ruins the experience.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5VB3RAHVs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFcfeIyyAk[/youtube]

Yeah. I was happy with the Leaf 3.3kW since my 1979 service panel was almost maxed out as is.
LTLFTcomposite said:
I must be missing the point. Who has a spare 180 amps lying around in their service panel?

Btw sure like the looks of this Renault.

coqui said:
Yeah. I was happy with the Leaf 3.3kW since my 1979 service panel was almost maxed out as is.
LTLFTcomposite said:
I must be missing the point. Who has a spare 180 amps lying around in their service panel?
High rate L2 charging is less about charging at home than about public opportunity charging. Some sites in California support up to 16.8kW. This could charge the Zoe battery in under 90 minutes. During dinner, a shopping trip, meeting, or a movie. Also, it stays under the 20kW Demand Charge, and doesn’t require sites to have expensive external charging equipment.

Regarding limited power at home, EVSEs like the SPX can be set to lower draw (32, 20, 16, or 12 amps).

edatoakrun said:
My point is, if a fast on-board charger is standard feature, on a car smaller and cheaper than a LEAF, wouldn't you expect Nissan to acquire the same feature, for all its future BEVs, in those markets that have charge infrastructure to support it?

The Zoe is only cheaper cause the batteries are not included, they are leased.

muus said:
edatoakrun said:
My point is, if a fast on-board charger is standard feature, on a car smaller and cheaper than a LEAF, wouldn't you expect Nissan to acquire the same feature, for all its future BEVs, in those markets that have charge infrastructure to support it?

The Zoe is only cheaper cause the batteries are not included, they are leased.

No, I believe adjusted for reasonable expectations of LEAF battery lifetime costs, it's projected price is cheaper, than current LEAF Euro prices.

It is also a smaller car, selling in the subcompact (?) class, so you would expect it to be less expensive.

There was a link, on this thread, that led to a schematic of the ZOE, including the onboard charger.

Sorry, but I can't find it now. Anyone?

IIRC, the inverter seemed to take up enough space under the hood, that I thought at the time, that's where the compact spare tire for both the ZOE (and the LEAF) should go.

"Renault expects to sell tens of thousands of Zoes each year, and will build them on the same production line as the new Clio 4. It's easy to see why Renault is so confident. Electric charging infrastructure is growing by the day, and the Zoe is the best-priced, most attractive and easy to use electric car to date"

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/281047/renault_zoe.html

The Renault Zoe has succeeded in reaching 1600 km during 24 hours.
With 18 stops associated with a rapid charge.

http://www.automobile-propre.com/2012/06/09/renault-zoe-record-autonomie-24h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the same conditions, the Nissan Leaf had driven during 1250 km.

In Europe, the official autonomy of the Leaf is 175km (NEDC) and for the Renault Zoe, it is 210 km.

I just love the Zoe.. its a smaller car with a pack almost the same size as a Leaf, it should get better range. I consider the Zoe to be the 2nd generation of BEVs.

Herm said:
I just love the Zoe.. its a smaller car with a pack almost the same size as a Leaf, it should get better range. I consider the Zoe to be the 2nd generation of BEVs.
Better styling, better range, better charger, all under Carlos Ghosn’s purview. It will be a mistake if the ZOE or it’s progeny fail to show up in the states by 2014.

If it WAS completely under Ghosn, I would wonder why NONE of the better elements of the Zoe, including the styling, showed up in the Leaf... I rather suspect that Renault went their own way to a great extent on this one, largely outside of Ghosn...

KeiJidosha said:
Herm said:
Better styling, better range, better charger, all under Carlos Ghosn’s purview. It will be a mistake if the ZOE or it’s progeny fail to show up in the states by 2014.

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

ZOE Shatters Distance Record For An Electric Car

"How was this possible? Most of the credit goes to the car's Caméléon charger, which makes the ZOE compatible with any socket and any power level. That allowed the Renault team to recharge the ZOE at 43 kW, restoring an 80% charge in less than 30 minutes. All told, the ZOE that traveled 1,618 km was fast-charged 18 times in the space of 24 hours, or about once every hour and 20 minutes. "

ztanos said:
not quite, but dang close. 970.8 miles.
Electric Renault Zoe Travels 1,000 Miles in 24 Hours

Brad Berman said:
We now know it's possible to drive an electric vehicle nearly 1,000 miles in 24 hours, as French automaker Renault proved with its electric Zoe driven under controlled conditions. These kind of endurance tests garner headlines, but have very little relevance to real-world use by EV drivers. I wonder if these kinds of demonstrations worthwhile?

Back