Official Renault Zoe thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferrrrrrrrrr said:
Trunk space:

Leaf 330 dm3 no swap battery, long 4,40 meters
Zoe 292 dm3 swap battery, long 4,10 meters
Fluence 300 dm3 swap battery, long 4,74 meters

Zoe is very optimized.
Interesting. Fluence was lengthened to compensate for the battery.

BTW, where are you getting these stats ?

evnow said:
Ferrrrrrrrrr said:
Trunk space:

Leaf 330 dm3 no swap battery, long 4,40 meters
Zoe 292 dm3 swap battery, long 4,10 meters
Fluence 300 dm3 swap battery, long 4,74 meters

Zoe is very optimized.
Interesting. Fluence was lengthened to compensate for the battery.

BTW, where are you getting these stats ?

Fluence press release, page 8 and 10
http://www.media.renault.com/download/media/specialfile/10998_1_5.aspx

Zoe press release, page 24
http://www.media.renault.com/download/media/specialfile/11991_1_5.aspx

Not sure where I read it but Nissan/Renault are deliberately keeping the range of the Zoe a secret. Insiders are suggesting they have made "advancements" in battery tech and want to keep it very quite before the launch. Went back to try and find the link but it's lost. Anyways, it could be very good news for battery development and getting the next gen packs on the road ASAP.

TRONZ said:
Not sure where I read it but Nissan/Renault are deliberately keeping the range of the Zoe a secret. Insiders are suggesting they have made "advancements" in battery tech and want to keep it very quite before the launch. Went back to try and find the link but it's lost. Anyways, it could be very good news for battery development and getting the next gen packs on the road ASAP.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/18/renault-zoes-secret-range-will-most-likely-exceed-125-miles/

Yes, I love it! Given that it has a French suspension it probably drives very nice as well!

That notwithstanding, I blame Renault for seriously screwing up the market for French-made cars here in the US. Of course that was a government-owned entity back then, and they really did make some crappy cars.

This is why there are no French cars for sale in the US, and there hasn't been since the early 90's (when Peugeot pulled out).

The partnership with Nissan will enable them to get back in, but I suspect it will be badged as a Nissan if it makes it.

-Phil

Renault Zoe will have 30 kWh battery

Fluence has 26 kWh, 22 kWh usable.

This information is from Ana de Prado, director of Renault Ev strategy in Spain.

http://www.forococheselectricos.com/2011/10/salon-de-valladolid-renault-nos-devela.html

Valladolid, Spain, today:

forococheselectricos1.jpg

forococheselectricos4.jpg

forococheselectricos2.jpg

forococheselectricos3.jpg

forococheselectricos5.jpg

forococheselectricos7.jpg

forococheselectricos8.jpg

If true, some economies of scale are apparently showing in battery production. It would be great news for EV's.

thankyouOB said:
is this right?
a 30kWh battery in this car, 25% larger than the Leaf, for $22k?

Even if the price remains accurate (which I somehow doubt), it reflects only the purchase price of the vehicle. The battery is leased separately (i.e. another monthly fee).

The car is definitely smiling....although the Nissan looks to have a lot more room. They seem to get about the same mileage. I owned a pathfinder many years ago and would not trade Nissan service for anything. They are tops..

Big news indeed..

Battery capacity will range from 7 to 30kWh across the line, Fluence and Kangoo will have a 48 module battery with 22kWh, the Zoe may end up with the 30kWh pack, the Twizzy with the 7kWh pack.

I believe the early batteries will come from the Nissan factory in Japan.

Renault always has declared usable kWh of Fluence and Kangoo, 22 kWh. Total capacity is 26 kWh.... so maybe Zoe will get 30 kWh USABLE, no total.

Prices in Europe are aprox, with VAT and subsidy:

Nissan Leaf, 30.000 €
Fluence ZE, 20.000 € + 80-120 €/month
and Zoe 15.000 € + ????????/month

In 2012 Nissan will finished the battery factory in Portugal, so for Europe, batteries will be cheaper (less transport, no custom tax) and maybe the lease for 30 kWh will be the same than Fluence today.

Herm said:
I believe the early batteries will come from the Nissan factory in Japan.

This is a translation of a french test of Fluence today in Portugal:

"Fluence Z.E.et the Z.E. Kangoo has chosen a synchronous electric motor instead of the wound rotor with permanent magnets. Stand and his cousin Nissan Leaf. Advantage? The demand for energy, which varies with the increase or decrease the tension in the coils. Earnings of flexibility without the consumer suffers."

http://automobile.challenges.fr/ess...ssai-renault-fluence-z-e-kangoo-z-e-2011.html

Fluence has 48 modules, like Leaf, but 398 V nominal voltage, 65 Ah Nominal capacity: 398 x 65 = 25,87 kWh

And probably Zoe will have more battery modules. The second generation of batteries is expected in 2015, at least in Renault.

Ferrrrrrrrrr said:
[...]
FIRST OPINION
Renault has invested heavily in electric technology, so the ZOE needs to be a sales success. [...]
Thanks for sharing! Great info!

The Zoe is a seriously good looking car.

Regarding the various numbers being cited in the press and in Renault's press release(s): I seem to recall another number being bandied about around this time last year: 100, as in "range of 100 miles". I don't think people should get too excited about the Zoe's numbers yet.

One thing's for sure: if the Zoe really weighs 3069 pounds and really does put out 79 bhp and 163 ft-lbs of torque, I'm a bit skeptical of "0-62 mph in 8.1 seconds".

Ferrrrrrrrrr said:
Fluence has 48 modules, like Leaf, but 398 V nominal voltage, 65 Ah Nominal capacity: 398 x 65 = 25,87 kWh..... The second generation of batteries is expected in 2015, at least in Renault.

So, it sounds like exactly the LEAF battery, with a significantly higher cell voltage (well over 4.10 volts). I'll guess that they can't expect the same life out of that battery. What is the warranty? Or are all these leased batteries?

http://gas2.org/2009/12/01/with-new-battery-nissan-plans-to-double-ev-range-by-2015/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gas2%2Forg+(Gas+2.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Nissan has already announced that the battery for year 2015 will be made of lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide cathode (say that five times fast), can go for 1,000 charges and has a range of 186 miles--double the range of current batteries. Nissan also claims that it won't be any more expensive than batteries already on the market.

About the Renault Fluence, now, Renault doesn't say this car can be charged fast (under 1 hour for exemple)...

Is it because of the standardization of the fastcharger?

KeiJidosha said:
The Zoe looks better than the LEAF in every way, but its for Europe. Why are you tormenting us?

News are news.... and this is good for Leaf 2º generation.

anyway if Nissan may sell the Twizy in Japan ....
http://integrityexports.com/2011/09/30/nissan-new-mobility-concept-2-seater-ev-in-yokohama/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aqn said:
Regarding the various numbers being cited in the press and in Renault's press release(s): I seem to recall another number being bandied about around this time last year: 100, as in "range of 100 miles". I don't think people should get too excited about the Zoe's numbers yet.

That information is outdated. Oficial now is >100 miles. Unnoficial 160 miles. Look at these information, they also point to 30 kWh:

http://qn.quotidiano.net/motori/2011/02/18/461490-ecco_renault.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.infomotori.com/auto/2011/03/02/renault-zoe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aqn said:
One thing's for sure: if the Zoe really weighs 3069 pounds and really does put out 79 bhp and 163 ft-lbs of torque, I'm a bit skeptical of "0-62 mph in 8.1 seconds".

I also, but is a official data.

TonyWilliams said:
So, it sounds like exactly the LEAF battery, with a significantly higher cell voltage (well over 4.10 volts). I'll guess that they can't expect the same life out of that battery. What is the warranty? Or are all these leased batteries?

Leased batteries, engine and al electric system 5 years/100.000 km

TonyWilliams said:
Nissan has already announced that the battery for year 2015 will be made of lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide cathode (say that five times fast), can go for 1,000 charges and has a range of 186 miles--double the range of current batteries. Nissan also claims that it won't be any more expensive than batteries already on the market.

Renault batteries manufactured themselves in the factory to finish in 2014 in France. Will be lithium-phosphate cathode and from what I read, autonomy increases less than the Nissan lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide, but its price wiil be much reduced compared to current AESC. They seek to lower the price to increase autonomy.

Navidad said:
About the Renault Fluence, now, Renault doesn't say this car can be charged fast (under 1 hour for exemple)...

Is it because of the standardization of the fastcharger?

The Fluence will fast charge to 22 kW AC at the end of 2012, as the Kangoo and Zoe. Have not yet prepared the charger. Each country will have a type of plug at the point of recharge. Germany type 2 (MENNEKES), France Type 3 (Schneider) (anyway with a ev not think you can go from one country to another).

Back