Official Cadillac ELR thread - a luxury version of the Volt

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
MikeinDenver said:
Let us hope so.
So, you are hoping millions lose their jobs ? Bravo.
Jobs would be lost by one manufacturer, but gained at another. It's not like the demand for automobiled would dry up. Simple economics. :roll:

And more than likely they would not be U.S. Manufacturers... Me thinks you may have been drinking a little bit too much Republican Kool-Aid... :roll:

qwk said:
Jobs would be lost by one manufacturer, but gained at another. It's not like the demand for automobiled would dry up. Simple economics. :roll:

TomT said:
And more than likely they would not be U.S. Manufacturers... Me thinks you may have been drinking a little bit too much Republican Kool-Aid... :roll:

qwk said:
No kool-aid here, just common sense. If certain US companies cannot compete, that is not the taxpayers problem. The majority of GM's parts are made in China anyway. Who is to say that Tesla wouldn't take some of that void in a few years?

MikeinDenver said:
Exactly. Nobody can buy the things even if they wanted to.
And even if one did buy a compliance car, they are SOL with getting any warranty work unless they pay for the shipping(both ways) to CA or OR. One hell of a way to treat customers.

It hasn't stopped a plethora of people from buying the Toyota, Fiat, Honda, BMW, Et Al...

qwk said:
MikeinDenver said:
And even if one did buy a compliance car, they are SOL with getting any warranty work unless they pay for the shipping(both ways) to CA or OR. One hell of a way to treat customers.

TomT said:
It hasn't stopped a plethora of people from buying the Toyota, Fiat, Honda, BMW, Et Al...

qwk said:
MikeinDenver said:
Clearly US law protects the consumer from shenanigans like these, but these POS companies seem to want to deliberately break those laws. Let's give them more taxpayer monies, that'll work out great....

qwk said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Sad to see so much GM bashing when arguably they have done far more to further electrification than almost any other manufacturer.
:lol:
I don't know what planet you live on, but here on earth, GM buried the NiMH patent, crushed EV's, and still doesn't offer an EV(hybrids don't count). Yeah, they are really furthering progress.
Three years ago they had the only viable mass-produced plugin that was remotely affordable. I wouldn't call that nothing.

TomT said:
Pray tell, what laws are they breaking?

qwk said:
Clearly US law protects the consumer from shenanigans like these, but these POS companies seem to want to deliberately break those laws.
An auto manufacturer cannot deny warranty coverage in the US for cars sold in only in California. Google is your friend. I cannot believe that you are that ignorant. People change jobs, move, etc. Wherever there is a dealer, they must service that make. This is why the owners that get an attorney involved in the out of state Rav4 EV purchases have techs flown in. The ones that are ignorant get bent over and pay to ship the car back or end up selling them.

LTLFTcomposite said:
qwk said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Sad to see so much GM bashing when arguably they have done far more to further electrification than almost any other manufacturer.
:lol:
I don't know what planet you live on, but here on earth, GM buried the NiMH patent, crushed EV's, and still doesn't offer an EV(hybrids don't count). Yeah, they are really furthering progress.
Three years ago they had the only viable mass-produced plugin that was remotely affordable. I wouldn't call that nothing.
Hybrid. Still burning gasoline is not progress, it's stupidity. :lol:

And clearly you are well acquainted with stupidity... :roll:
For someone with so few posts, you certainly have found a way to quickly make a "reputation" here... :lol:

qwk said:
Still burning gasoline is not progress, it's stupidity.

TomT said:

qwk said:
Whatever. I have used zero gas for the past 16 months. That must not count in your book, since I'm not driving a government motors automobile? :lol:

FYI, I was going to get a Rav4 Ev(I'm out of state), but after hours on the phone with Toyota corporate it was clear to me that any problems with the car would come to litigation in order to get them fixed. It would be ignorance to go that route, and support an incompetent manufacturer, so I bought a Model S. Someone I know did buy the Rav out of state, and when they had Gateway computer problems, it took an attorney to get it resolved. It was also resolved instantly, as Toyota knows they are just bullying people into the shipping fees.

TomT said:
For someone with so few posts, you certainly have found a way to quickly make a "reputation" here... :lol:

qwk said:
So now the # of posts equal knowledge? Give me a break. You obviously don't like reality or the truth, and when called out, :cry: .

Look at my signature and tag in this message and do the math... I'll be happy to help if the numbers are too big for you... :)

qwk said:
Whatever. I have used zero gas for the past 16 months. That must not count in your book, since I'm not driving a government motors automobile?

Back