Nuclear VS. Renewables, EVs, and Jobs - Truth in the House!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1

DaveinOlyWA said:
after a lot of contemplation I think Japan has made a mistake abandoning their nuclear power base by overdosing on CNG. As a long term solution, i still dont favor nuclear power but Japan is not able to transition to clean energy options fast enough and I think they need to learn from the missteps of Fukushima, go back to nuclear, fix their reactors to be better and continue to transition to solar, wind and wave. Otherwise the tragedy will continue to multiply way beyond the radiation levels at the site.

RegGuheert said:
There is strong evidence that the primary cancer-causing agent in tobacco smoke is radiation from the phosphate fertilizers that was taken up by the plants and transferred to the lungs by the smoke.
That would be Apatite.
It is used to ROB the tobacco plant of Nitrogen, thus imparting desirable taste to the finished product.

That and Polonium. Big time alpha emitter. Smokers get about 1.5 to 2 rem /year effective dose to the lungs. That is to live tissue at that. Not good. Another thing the public doesn't read about is the amount of alpha emitting products coal burners put out. It is real nasty stuff from the mines ( black lung to miners then to the air and surroundings).

Clearly the solution is to simply stop breathing! :lol:

Dmchose said:
That and Polonium. Big time alpha emitter. Smokers get about 1.5 to 2 rem /year effective dose to the lungs. That is to live tissue at that. Not good. Another thing the public doesn't read about is the amount of alpha emitting products coal burners put out. It is real nasty stuff from the mines ( black lung to miners then to the air and surroundings).

It's an affront to the millions around the world that have fought for and won fracking bans in France, The Netherlands, South Africa, New York, parts of Pennsylvania including Pittsburgh, and now counties in Colorado.

um, fracking was not banned in south africa, in fact, its going ahead, much to the alarm of us all!!

thankyouOB said:
what do you do with the waste?
it is currently sitting in pools at each plant.
no one wants it and the plant sites becoming toxic dumps themselves.
Breeder reactors would would say yum yum with that waste.

Back