Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
By the way, we need a 10 foot banner to put up for events. There is lots of ancillary foot traffic (lookie lou's) from the farmers market, restaurant, train station, park, etc. We want to give them a reason to come and check it out.
I'll send you some info on how to get the banners from the LEAF store. We just got a table skirt to support our Earth Day activities.

Dear Fellow LEAF Driver or Enthusiast,

Welcome to the first email from this recently created San Diego email list. Please pass this email:

[email protected]

to anybody that wants to also be on this list of infrequent notifications concerning LEAF or other electric car events in or around San Diego. If you want to be removed, just click reply with REMOVE in the subject line.

For those who attented our April 7, 2012 LEAF meeting, thank you for helping make it so successful ! I don't know how many cars got a chance to use the DC quick charger, but we delivered close to 200 kWh of energy. There were a few glitches that got the schedule a little off, and I thank everybody who took the initiative to set up the meeting hall while I struggled with the generator.

Special thanks to our speakers who take time out of their weekend to share their insights with us. And thanks to the city of Poway for letting us take over their parking lot !!

I hope that some of us will make it to the 21st annual EarthFair on Sunday, April 22, 2012 in Balboa Park, near the Auto Museum. If you don't have or use email, please call the office at 858-272-7370. The last day to register is April 17, 2012. Here's the link to register your car:

http://www.earthdayweb.org/EFExh/CCCOnlineReg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I expect to hear of some announcement within the next two months that we can all meet with our LEAFs to celebrate the opening of the first public use DC quick charger. Should that not transpire, lets tentatively plan a June 16 meeting.

Any tips of suggestions on how to make the event better are always welcome. I think the future is very bright for our electric cars,

Tony Williams
LEAF Guru

June 14th? Looking.....? good/bad? There's enough charging now along the Hwy 101 corridor from SF to LA that one can bring a LEAF (though it's a terribly long journey). That date would be a Thursday, correct?

gascant said:
June 14th? Looking.....? good/bad? There's enough charging now along the Hwy 101 corridor from SF to LA that one can bring a LEAF (though it's a terribly long journey). That date would be a Thursday, correct?

I don't know how I came up with a Thursday !!! June 16 was what I meant, but now I see that is my son's college graduation. Maybe June 9 is better.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 Breakfast and Social Meet, 9am-11pm

Hamburger Factory restaurant
14122 Midland Road
Poway, CA 92064

Phone: 858-486-4575
http://hamburgerfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.poway.org/Index.aspx?page=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8am - 9am: Arrivals, please park in the lot directly across Midland street from the train depot.

9am - 11am: Breakfast in the back room reserved for us at Hamburger Factory restaurant.

After 11am: Lots of mulling around the cars that usually lasts through 12pm.

Nearby charging locations:

Brand new L2 charger, no card required at:

1.2 miles away:
Walgreens
13390 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Three L2 chargers, no card required at:

1.7 miles away:
Mossy Nissan
14100 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Final Annoucement:

Saturday, June 9, 2012, 9am-11pm

Hamburger Factory restaurant
14122 Midland Road
Poway, CA 92064

Phone: 858-486-4575
http://hamburgerfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.poway.org/Index.aspx?page=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8am - 9am: Arrivals, please park in the lot directly across Midland street from the train depot.

9am - 11am: Breakfast in the back room reserved for us at Hamburger Factory restaurant.

After 11am: Lots of mulling around the cars that usually lasts through 12pm.

Help with final planning for my Mexico 2 Canada trip !!! Leaving June 12 through June 20, 2012.

Nearby charging locations:

Brand new L2 charger, no card required at:

1.2 miles away:
Walgreens
13390 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Three L2 chargers, no card required at:

1.7 miles away:
Mossy Nissan
14100 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

I'll miss it tomorrow, taking my son to a flag football game. I guess I'll miss all the would-be QC operators announcing that they are about 1 month away from opening for business - again - just like every month after month after month. -(

I hope you all give Tony a great send-off on his BC-BC journey! Who knows, maybe his trip will attract some attention to the utility of QC, and one day we'll go to one of these meetings and hear someone announce an actual QC opening.

Cliff notes from today's meeting - reply with anything I missed!

Good turnout, I didn't count the LEAFs but probably about a dozen or so. 1 ActiveE (owner Angus Clark of EVoasis who graciously let a few people take it for a quick spin), 1 Volt (from a dual LEAF/Volt household) and 1 SmartEV from Car2go.

Topics covered included:

• Tony's Mexico-Canada trip - he's looking for drivers to help relay the car back after he gets there. Trip starts Tuesday! There will be lots of ways to follow Tony's progress - see his thread.
  • San Diego area DC QC installations - The usual here - things are going slow, but still looking at San Juan Capistrano and Santa Ysabel as the first public San Diego QC stations. There may be a couple others that are flying under the radar that may go in in the next couple months as well. Expect to see some of these QC stations limited to 20-25 kW to reduce QC charger cost and demand charges.
  • Car2Go - Growing very well - sign up if you are an EV owner since at a minimum you can use it to move the SmartEVs out of the way if they are blocking a charging station. They have official iPhone/Android apps available now which should make finding cars a lot easier.
  • Lynn's modified LEAF - one of the most customized LEAFs in the USA as far as I'm aware of - Coilovers, amplified subwoofer, tint, sharkfin antenna.

So what'd I miss?

drees said:
Cliff notes from today's meeting - reply with anything I missed!

[*] Lynn's modified LEAF - one of the most customized LEAFs in the USA as far as I'm aware of - Coilovers, amplified subwoofer, tint, sharkfin antenna.[/list]

So what'd I miss?

Those big wheels on Lynn's LEAF!!! I didnt get a chance to test drive it and feel that suspension. Subwoofer sounds killer.

64394b61.jpg

49da4628.jpg

f7780c7e.jpg

72824405.jpg

b3e1189c.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
How about August 18 or 25 next?
At least you aren't proposing the 11th, which would make three meetings in a row that have been uncannily scheduled to conflict with my PCA autocross dates. :(

Either of those days works for me at the moment. I don't really care about the venue.

TT

TonyWilliams said:
How about August 18 or 25 next? Anybody want a new venue?
I'd suggest when you edit the message on page 1, that you link to your message above. That lets us jump to the start of the "current" discussion.

Back