Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
How about August 18 or 25 next? Anybody want a new venue?
I'm thinking of driving down...pretty much have San Jose to Santa Monica planned out already. If my vote counts for anything, I'd say the 18th as I am supposed to be back home for a LEAF appearance on the 25th.

gascant said:
TonyWilliams said:
I'm thinking of driving down...pretty much have San Jose to Santa Monica planned out already. If my vote counts for anything, I'd say the 18th as I am supposed to be back home for a LEAF appearance on the 25th.

Where are you staying while in town? We have lots of room and a private bedroom / bath.

TonyWilliams said:
gascant said:
TonyWilliams said:

Where are you staying while in town? We have lots of room and a private bedroom / bath.
Haven't thought that far ahead yet...probably drive down from Santa Monica on Friday and might take you up on that. If wife is with me, she might want to go to a hotel. We have time to work on it.

gascant said:
TonyWilliams said:
Haven't thought that far ahead yet...probably drive down from Santa Monica on Friday and might take you up on that. If wife is with me, she might want to go to a hotel. We have time to work on it.

There's plenty of room for two. Somewhat private, near the front door on first floor. All other bedrooms upstairs.

TonyWilliams said:
gascant said:
TonyWilliams said:

There's plenty of room for two. Somewhat private, near the front door on first floor. All other bedrooms upstairs.
Cool. I'll discuss with wife--thanks for the offer!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

>>>> CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE DISCUSSION <<<<

9am-11pm

Hamburger Factory restaurant
14122 Midland Road
Poway, CA 92064

Phone: 858-486-4575
http://hamburgerfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.poway.org/Index.aspx?page=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8am - 9am: Arrivals, please park in the lot directly across Midland street from the train depot.

9am - 11am: Breakfast in the back room reserved for us at Hamburger Factory restaurant.

After 11am: Lots of mulling around the cars that usually lasts through 12pm.

I should have pictures / video of Mexico 2 Canada trip, June 12 through June 20, 2012 !!!

Nearby charging locations:

Brand new L2 charger, no card required at:

1.2 miles away:
Walgreens
13390 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Three L2 chargers, no card required at:

1.7 miles away:
Mossy Nissan
14100 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Thanks, Tony - and you should also send out a meeting notice to your email list.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

I'm going to try & make it this time. I tried to attend a previous one, arrived a bit late, but couldn't find a place to park, so I turned around and went home. :(

derkraut said:
I'm going to try & make it this time. I tried to attend a previous one, arrived a bit late, but couldn't find a place to park, so I turned around and went home. :(

That's because you weren't parking across the street (east of Midland Road, directly across from the train depot) !!! You can never find parking in the lot next to the restaurant.

TonyWilliams said:
derkraut said:
That's because you weren't parking across the street (east of Midland Road, directly across from the train depot) !!! You can never find parking in the lot next to the restaurant.
Yeah, there's a ton of parking in the area within 1 block of the restaurant...

Park here ---->>>>

842a6b77.jpg

http://www.pluginamerica.org/calendar/2012-national-plug-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sierraclub.org/electric-vehicles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunday, Sept 23, 2012 is National Plug In Day. Being organized by the Sierra Club, Plug In America, and the Electric Auto Association, it will highlight the thousands of electric vehicles hitting our streets in cities nationwide and the opportunities a switch to EVs presents for reducing emissions and dependence on oil.

Please meet me and a whole bunch of my EV friends at:

10:00 am - 2:00pm

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite100
San Diego, CA

A picture by Randy of the 2011 event:

file.php

Hi, I'm buying one this week. I could use any advice one has to offer. In a way, the whole thing is feeling overwhelming, but my hubby of 29 years is encouraging me to keep going. I hope to come to the meeting - if I'm successful.

dawnb58 said:
Hi, I'm buying one this week. I could use any advice one has to offer. In a way, the whole thing is feeling overwhelming, but my hubby of 29 years is encouraging me to keep going. I hope to come to the meeting - if I'm successful.

If you wait until Saturday, you can gas power it on down, and I'm sure we'll be happy to give you ALL the advice you can possibly absorb !!! Are you planning on buying at the Temecula Nissan dealer? Buy or lease? How many miles do you drive daily? How long would you plan to keep it before getting another car? What car is it replacing?

Also, I would probably take out your email address and other links from you signature line. You might get seriously spammed. I think there is a place for that somewhere in the profile setup.

Tony

Sunday, Sept 23, 2012 is National Plug In Day. Being organized by the Sierra Club, Plug In America, and the Electric Auto Association, it will highlight the thousands of electric vehicles hitting our streets in cities nationwide and the opportunities a switch to EVs presents for reducing emissions and dependence on oil.

10:00 am - 2:00pm

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite100
San Diego, CA

http://www.pluginamerica.org/calendar/2012-national-plug-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sierraclub.org/electric-vehicles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back