Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
842a6b77.jpg

Prizes for:

Written test prize - Allen Savedoff and Glenn (both with 7 out of 10)

Longest drive (miles) to event: 103 for Tom Bleakne, Allen Savedoff had 113, then charged for 142 total (after "missing off ramp")

Newest car by serial #15876 Joe Pitz

Lowest serial number: #175 Jimmy Hamilton

Highest mileage car: Tony Williams @ 21,484

Fastest speeding ticket: Tony Williams @ 84 mph

Looks like a fabulous meet-up. Congrats and big kudos to Tony for setting it up. I'm sorry to have missed it. Kudos also to Tom and Allen for making the long trek.

Allen, you didn't get any "too slow for the freeway" warnings on the way down?

Drove at 40mph which was as unsafe as I could stomach. There was a lot more traffic than I expected. I was passed by 2 Sherriffs and a CHP without incident.

I do not recommend this!!! If I do something similar it will be on local streets as much as possible.

Looks like it was a terrific meeting! How many cars were you able to charge on site? Would also be interested to learn about attendees expectations of charging at meetings given the proliferation of charging stations now.

gascant said:
Looks like it was a terrific meeting! How many cars were you able to charge on site? Would also be interested to learn about attendees expectations of charging at meetings given the proliferation of charging stations now.

I can tell you that the 56kW genset took 17.2 gallons of diesel, so that has to be a bunch of kWh's !! Luigi told me that the unit grunted pretty good when plugged into cars that had exceptionally low SOC ((and thus take the full 48kW load, and at 90% efficiency, that's about everything the genset had to offer... plus several cars on 120v (1.44kW) at the same time)).

Note to anybody using the same technique; only use a CARB approved machine and have the "Statewide Portable Equipment Registration" on site. Big fines by CARB if you don't and they stop by.

I don't know how many individual cars got charged, but we were there until about 3pm charging cars. You can see in the pics with cars lined up waiting. I really wasn't involved personally in the actual charging, so I can't even guess how many.

By the way, we need a 10 foot banner to put up for events. There is lots of ancillary foot traffic (lookie lou's) from the farmers market, restaurant, train station, park, etc. We want to give them a reason to come and check it out.

Back