My Leaf replaces...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 100% electric Nissan Leaf replaces my gas-guzzling Prius.

(Actually, Mrs. Wiz takes over the Prius, which was a great starter environmental car and, after 8 years and 165,000 trouble free miles is still going strong, but I LOVE being able to plug my Leaf into my solar panels and, powered by sunshine, smile and wave as I drive past the gas stations!

https://plus.google.com/photos/112399798300987222762/albums/5655035389163241665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you could say that the Leaf is going to replace my wife's 1995 3000GT SL in the garage, but that's not really true, even though we are probably going to sell or trade it in. That car rarely leaves the garage, and my wife has finally agreed that she has "outgrown it". Our main car is my 2006 Prius PHEV, which we are keeping for trips, or if we expect our errands to run us too far from home occasionally. So, "Sippy" will be moved to standby/backup status, not replaced.

I went from loud and smelly to quiet and odorless.

1968 Porsche 912... still hurts. Good thing I love the LEAF.

passenger2.jpg

Replaced just the daily driving of the 14.5 mpg F150 that served well for 171k miles. I will let you figure out how many gallons I have burned in the truck. The Ford now just sits in storage with the travel trailer attached waiting to have some attention.

2002 Honda Odyssey has been my ride for almost 10 years - 150,000 miles of excellent service and very convenient for hauling all kinds of stuff around (musical instruments, sports equipment, DIY supplies). I hope to extend its life another 6-10 years as the highway car (about 20% of my driving) while the LEAF takes the lion's share of commuting and 'round town duty.

I fly R/C model airplanes, and I loved the 2000 Toyota Sienna van. The LEAF is a bit tight, but we're making it.

No, no stinky fuel - I'm all electric, of course.

My Leaf replaced my 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid. The second best car I have ever owned. =)

It was the first sedan I owned, and also my first and only hybrid. I spent a lot of time in late 2007 comparing the Prius, Camry Hybrid, and Altima Hybrid before finally choosing the Altima, mainly because it still felt like a 'sports car' compared to the 'flying box' Prius feel and the limp Camry.

At the time Nissan had not blessed Oregon as a state where they sold the Altima Hybrid, but I worked with the best car salesman in the world ('RP', aka Richard Porter at Nissan of Portland) to find one in Los Angeles and ship it up to me. Was delivered on December 29, 2007. He also sold me the 2008 Nissan Titan LE Crewcab with Longbed that we still own (smoking deal on Titans in March 2008, as you might all recall the gas price craziness that year; Big Red came with a $10k Nissan rebate and $2500 dealer incentive).

I drove that wonderful car almost 60k miles, and finally sold it on my birthday in June 2011 to a Salem police officer.

My Leaf was delivered two weeks later (four months late, delayed six times).

2002 Isuzu Trooper gets 12 MPG and 2008 Sienna gets 18 MPG around town - I've had them since new and the LEAF will replace ~80% of mileage that these two vehicles cover. Sienna is pretty decent on the highway and the Troop is just a good ole' Troop with only 60K, so maybe I'll be able to sell it one day :)

When it is all said and done we will have replaced:

2003 Ford Taurus
2008 Jeep Patriot

The Jeep is being sold and we are keeping the Taurus as a distance / dog transport vehicle. Why, because it is paid for :D

My wife's Lexus LS430 -it has 8 cylinders and gets 19 mpg. We use the Leaf even on weekends now since it takes no gas. Calculated that Leaf pays for itself if I keep it for 8 years! Cool! People stops me to chat about the Leaf.

Back