My Leaf replaces...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
downeykp said:
Didn't replace anything. Seemed like the right thing to do. Though it was not the best financial decision I have ever made.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not getting rid of either of my cars (2001 Sentra and 2008 Nismo 350z), but my significant other will be driving the Sentra instead of her current 98 Volvo V70 wagon.

So bottom line, to the purpose of this thread, a 98 Volvo station wagon will be replaced by a 2001 Sentra, which is being replaced by the LEAF.

The LEAF replaced our 2010 TDI Jetta Sport-wagon. The Jetta was passed on to someone with a long commute, where the TDI truly shines.

For us it was a struggle between our Hybrid Highlander and our TDI Jetta Sportwagon. Since the highlander got nearly the same in city gas mileage and had more leg room with two car seats in the back can haul a trailer etc, the Highlander won.

I sold my 2000 Honda Civic GX to a guy in Utah (sight unseen except for photos) where the fuel is only $1.07/gge. He texted me the other week and said it is running great and he loves it! He asked me to text him some photos of my LEAF since he had never seen one.

Wow, cannot beat Jwallace's 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
I was driving our Sienna, but it just got moved to the side for long distance trips.
It has driven once in the past 3 weeks. Poor thing. :roll:

Technically, it replaced a bare bones 2002 Toyota Tacoma pickup that we still keep around for utility purposes, because that was what I was driving for six months as a stopgap while waiting for the LEAF. In my head, though, it replaces the 2004 Honda Civic I let my granddaughter start using last November when my dealer told me I was going to get the LEAF in December.

Ray

I gave my 2001 Toyota Echo to my daughter in Dallas. I really liked that car--bought it new and drove it for 11yrs with no trouble whatsoever. But, My daughter (and I) are so happy that she got rid of her 2002 GMC Jimmy POS. :roll:

The car that left our household was a 2008 BMW 328i coupe, sport, manual. It was a 3 year lease that was timed with the hope that something like the LEAF would be available by the end of the BMW's lease term. It worked out pretty close. My Nissan dealer bought the Bimmer from BMW for his used car inventory in January and I took delivery of my LEAF at the end of March. The BMW was definitely my fun car, and a fine and fun car it was. It was never in the shop except once, when it told me that it needed to go there for a maintenance visit. The LEAF is my fun car now, and as good as the BMW was, I don't miss it because the LEAF is so innovative and fascinating to own and to drive.

Our 2007 Prius is now getting replaced as our main car by the LEAF. We'd been making twice weekly trips to Culver City, in LA County, to sit for our granddaughter, but our kids moved in with us for a few months, so now the Prius hardly gets used. If things go as we'd like them to, we'll have to remind ourselves to drive the Prius occasionally, just to keep the tires from sticking permanently to the garage floor. :lol:

My Leaf replaced a 2006 Lexus GS300 .

Fine car, but my wife's Honda was better for road trips with the family.

The Leaf is now our primary car. My wife drives her Honda to work, but for any trips together around town it is always the Leaf. Our gasoline bill has plummeted, and the Leaf is a really fun car to drive.

My Leaf replaced a 2005 Mazda RX8 with 80k miles. It was a fun car! I was just using it to commute and between it and the BMW R1100-RT I logged 150,000 miles in 10 years of commuting.

The Leaf will be my commute car, we have my wife's Honda Accord Hybrid for long trips, and a 1996 Odyssey with 100k as our "pickup". The Leaf is fun in different ways. I like that it's a "sleeper", kicking butt off the line.

My Leaf (reserved 8/5/11) will replace a '96 Mercedes C220 with 198+K miles.

A 2007 Volvo station wagon will remain the trip car, but my commute is 3 miles round-trip with workday mileage that ranges from 3 to 60 miles, tops.

So, as the sig says, those of us that can...should. :)

My white SV will replace a 2010 Kia Soul, great car
but I wanted to join in on the electric bandwagon.....

3707157662_a56807c1a9.jpg

Back