LEAF Ordering Process for you the customers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
deetime7767 said:
Leafer,
I received a copy of the waiver from my Electric Vehicle Operations Manager this morn... ...I'm still trying to get specific info to that very information. Please be assured that I will get to the truth of the matter asap.

Thanks for yours and everyones continued patience.
Thanks again ! :p You are appreciated here!
Once again...I've just got it confirmed, for the record...the woman at the LEAF hotline was erroneous with eluding to a warranty being affected (car or battery otherwise). My EVOM assured me that Nissan has no position on competitor installed EVSE causing an affect on the LEAFs' warranty in any way as far as he knew. To reiterate, you must call the 877-664-2738 hotline to request the opt-out waiver to be placed on your Customer Dashboard to proceed with your RAQ, if, you are not using AV as your installer or have no need or means for a EVSE aka charger. Upon speaking to AV directly as well, was told that Ecotality is the provider of the FREE EVSE, not AV. They said they were doing the installs, otherwise, in other words...the not FREE EVSE. Pressed them on that issue and couldn't be certain that the person I was speaking to was 100% sure herself.

The reason for 'non-issue' is that the Level I & II "connectors" are universal. So no problems there. Level III still has no standard and therefore is still under discussion industry-wide.

deetime7767 said:
Haven't seen a "standard equipment" list as yet for both models, so can't answer that one yet but I won't forget to get you an answer, okay.

Nissan LEAF™ SL all the features on our
standard SV model plus:

* solar panel spoiler
* rearview monitor
* cargo cover
* fog lamps
* auto on/off headlamps
* HomeLink® universal transceiver

Do NOT yet call the Nissan 877-664-2738 number to get them to "enable" an AV EVSE "opt-out" checkbox on your Customer Dashboard.

I just called, and they do not YET know about doing such a thing, or even that such a thing will exist.

And, even if they could enable a checkbox, I could not find any "dashboard" to see.

Further, when you go to the dealer to pick up the car, that is when you will actually sign the waiver.

Hopefully we will know the text of the waiver long before then, but they were not YET prepared, allowed, or willing to email a copy to me.

Regarding waiver, ordering, etc. what about those of us who are in the "need more information" status with the EV project? Clearly, we are not yet assessed by AV nor have we gotten assessed by Ecotality. Still on hold all around. If this is still the case once I am asked to order (RAQ) in Sept., Nissan can hardly hold me to any commitments regarding EVSE at home. I have not yet been allowed to get to first base on that! I will likely get an RAQ and still not have anything settled regarding EVSE.

Kataphn said:
Regarding waiver, ordering, etc. what about those of us who are in the "need more information" status with the EV project?

EV Project people would be exempt from any waivers - obviously.

Kataphn said:

Yes, of course....thing is I am not an EV project person yet.....just an on hold person for now.

Doesn't matter. Since you are being considered for EVP - and were not asked to schedule an AV assessment, you are in a different "bucket".

evnow said:
Kataphn said:

Yes, of course....thing is I am not an EV project person yet.....just an on hold person for now.

Doesn't matter. Since you are being considered for EVP - and were not asked to schedule an AV assessment, you are in a different "bucket".
I'd have to agree with that. The clearest thing I know to be determining whether you're in or out is, zip code. Eventually I'll get all the answers to that as well. Maybe by months-end.

deetime7767 said:
Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such

How about the DC Fast charge port for non EV Project people ? That is supposed to be an extra option ...

deetime7767 said:
Colors are still the same. Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such
Are there pictures (or at least CG renderings) of the Hologram kick plates and ZE decal ? Is the decal exactly like what we've been seeing on the blue prototype cars ? If so ... what (if anything) is done to the decal color(s) if customer chooses something other than blue ?

LEAFer said:
deetime7767 said:
Colors are still the same. Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such
Are there pictures (or at least CG renderings) of the Hologram kick plates and ZE decal ? Is the decal exactly like what we've been seeing on the blue prototype cars ? If so ... what (if anything) is done to the decal color(s) if customer chooses something other than blue ?

I am curious as to what a hologram kick plate is? I mean, isn't a kick plate something you don't see when the car door is closed?

I expect it to be a very inexpensive decal applied to the kick plate which, as you say, is not visible when the door is closed. Most cars (?) have the vehicle model on that kickplate. Used to, anyway... not really sure nowadays.

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such

How about the DC Fast charge port for non EV Project people ? That is supposed to be an extra option ...
I know. I want more details as to it's availability at time of RAQ. Being that there isn't a 'standard' for the connector for them, I want to speak to my EVOM and know for sure. Hang tight...

jev77 said:
LEAFer said:
deetime7767 said:
Floor mats and such

I am curious as to what a hologram kick plate is? I mean, isn't a kick plate something you don't see when the car door is closed?
Not having actually seen it "jev77"...I'd say that it's probably like the ones that are on the CUBE or the Z.

deetime7767 said:
Not having actually seen it "jev77"...I'd say that it's probably like the ones that are on the CUBE or the Z.

Do you have a link to it for the CUBE ? Don't see it on Nissan's site.

I just talked to Nissan Customer Service (1-877-664-2738) about:

1. Not seeing a Quick-Charge option for my SL:
They will "escalate" the issue, I am not the only one asking. I told them that without L3, it is unlikely I will purchase (Although, I might still order but then walk away.) If YOU want L3 and are not being offered L3, I suggest that you DO call them and request it.

2. The "waiver":
Still a confusing issue for them. I said that I was concerned that "handling" it might delay the Quote-Request process. They said that it might be emailed to us to print, sign, and send back in, before we could order ... but it would be sent out in "plenty" of time. I noted that the first "ordering" is (probably) only a week away.

3. I suggested they have a simple, required checkbox that everybody needs to check before the RFQ is submitted, affirming that we are either in an EVProject area, or are aware of their AV EVSE offer, or both. That would save them and us a lot of time, possible delay (lost mail or email), and save person-power.

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:

Do you have a link to it for the CUBE ? Don't see it on Nissan's site.
Try this: http://www.nissanusa.com/img/vehicles/options/cube/cub_opt_lg_kick_plates.jpg

Perhaps getting a car earlier next year in Feb or later will yield a L3 decision, perhaps there is a way to postpone an order for more options. Gary, if you think you are going to cancel then why order? It just ties up more cars for those waiting and gives dealers extra cars to mark up and sell on their own. Dealers are already doing this with employees to get inventory.

Why order?
Because something might change in the 3 months before delivery.

And, I am willing to help get my "orphan" to some good home rather than just leaf it at the orphanage!

Back