LEAF Ordering Process for you the customers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upon a quick review of the online training video...your RAQ is initially based the "preferred dealer" that you selected in the reservation phase. There was a 'distance' meter based on miles (10, 20, 50 ??) that you can click on to be able to pull in dealers outside of your address zip code. This may allow you to put in que more favorable dealers that you'd like to RAQ after you've dealt with the initial one as aforementioned.

deetime7767 said:
It should be known that, you CAN NOT RAQ if you have not requested a 'home assessment' for a charger! I'm trying to get clarity on this one too, so stay tuned as I know what a lot of you out there might be thinking.

Ooh, that is going to tick a few people off. Some of us are glad they got the home assessment just for the heck of it! Well, I am at least.

I doubt Nissan will require the assessment, since they have said that one does NOT need to buy the AV L2 EVSE to buy the car.

However, if they do "accidentally" insist, I will call them, mayby more than once, and explain how their "accidental mistake" has made it impossible for me to buy their car.

deetime7767 said:
It should be known that, you CAN NOT RAQ if you have not requested a 'home assessment' for a charger! I'm trying to get clarity on this one too, so stay tuned as I know what a lot of you out there might be thinking.

Dear Nissan...I understand why you want home assessments...you want your customers to be well served and you also want serious buyers (not flippers). But this requirement is a bit of a hardship for some, and buying a car is often hard enough without making it harder.

One: AV is charging a lot of money. Many of us have garages and extra electrical box space and really only need 120v charging or can easily add a Leviton charger for around a grand. I commute 12 miles a day...120v is fine, but I still plan to get the Leviton box for both faster charging and to take with me on the rare times I might go for a longer trip.

Two: Some of us have been a deposit holder since day one, yet are not in any roll out, or soon after roll out states. We might be right next to a roll out state are are serious about EVs and are willing to move our new LEAFs from said roll out state to our home state. Making us wait a year or more is less than ideal. Especially knowing that we are strong advocates of EVs and will help push EVs in our state so the LEAF will be well accepted by the time you roll out to us. It would be a win win to have a few LEAFs even in states where the major push is not underway. We assume all the risks, you gain all the benefits. And local dealerships could get to see and possible play a bit with the local LEAF and could even work out an agreement with the local owner to show the LEAF from time to time in the showroom or to potential future customers (you would be surprised how accommodating some of us are...especially if you throw in washing the car after and maybe a tshirt or hat...we are both cheap and easy :) )

Three: Other cars are coming so don't lose you fan base. I know you will sell all the LEAFs you can make for the first year or two...so losing me is really no big loss...expect that it kinda is. Early fans are going to show off the car, push it on friends, hang out at showrooms and such. If I can't get a LEAF till Dec 2011, well no big loss to Nissan, but I would at that time just wait to check out the Focus EV and probably keep waiting for the Fiat 500 EV. I may or may not buy the FocusEV over the LEAF...that is a bit of a push...But I would 100% buy the Fiat over the LEAF...I am willing to buy a family car sized EV to push and support EVs...but I really want/need a commuter sized EV.

One lost sale, which is just moved to the next person in line, isn't a big deal...but you have a chance here to get your car seen in more places than California, the west coast and Arizona...Jump on that.

Gavin

mwalsh said:
deetime7767 said:

Ooh, that is going to tick a few people off. Some of us are glad they got the home assessment just for the heck of it! Well, I am at least.
I just spoke with Nissan about this very thing this morning. I was told by Olga that there will be a waiver available at some future date that I will need to fill out before I take delivery of the car. However according to Olga not having the assessment done will not make a difference on the ability to order the Leaf. If Olga is mistaken there will be some very serious repercussions come August 27th.

Perhaps a few others could call and see if they get the same answer straight from Nissan? I already have EVSE installed and do not require another one.

I have a question about the windows. Do they have UV/IR blocking in the glass to make them cooler in the summer. If they do not I will add a special tint with ceramic to block the heat.

The assessment is not required simply because that would eliminate All renters. I applied for the assessment But was told 1 of the requirements Is that you own your home. I do not Therefore i could not eating schedule In assessment

Sent from droid X

DaveinOlyWA said:
The assessment is not required simply because that would eliminate All renters. I applied for the assessment But was told 1 of the requirements Is that you own your home.

I thought that's what the Property Owner Notice Consent form was for....so you could have your landlord (the property owner) sign off on the EVSE install?

deetime7767 said:
Gonewild said:
What is the ECO package mean?
The ECO package consist of:
Hologram 3D door kick plates
"Zero Emissions" graphic and
Interior theme appliques

Other accessories include: cargo cover and cargo net, splash guards, cargo & floor mats, protection pkg and a safety kit.

Darn, no wheel locks. I'm gonna miss that feature. Well, not that my wheels were in any great danger from getting jacked, but they are alloy wheels and I do quite like the neat little doohickey I use to unscrew the lug nuts. :)

But you do need to "pay" the $100 "non-refundable" fee to schedule an assessment. Good luck getting the $100 back if you delay, reschedule, and finally cancel the appointment.

garygid said:
But you do need to "pay" the $100 "non-refundable" fee to schedule an accessment. Good luck getting the $100 back if you delay, reschedule, and finally cancel the appointment.

I thought they charge the $100 only when sending the quote.

Eitherway, just add $100 to the price of Leaf ... beats paying 2,200 for simple installs.

garygid said:
But you do need to "pay" the $100 "non-refundable" fee to schedule an accessment. Good luck getting the $100 back if you delay, reschedule, and finally cancel the appointment.
If no work is done, it's still non-refundable? I find that outrageous.

evnow said:
garygid said:

I thought they charge the $100 only when sending the quote.

Eitherway, just add $100 to the price of Leaf ... beats paying 2,200 for simple installs.
Anyone can provide feedback whether the $100 credit card charge is made on submitting a request or only after the assessment is completed?

Spies said:
mwalsh said:
deetime7767 said:

I just spoke with Nissan about this very thing this morning. I was told by Olga that there will be a waiver available at some future date that I will need to fill out before I take delivery of the car. However according to Olga not having the assessment done will not make a difference on the ability to order the Leaf. If Olga is mistaken there will be some very serious repercussions come August 27th.

Perhaps a few others could call and see if they get the same answer straight from Nissan? I already have EVSE installed and do not require another one.
Update...called the 877 664 2738 hotline and tried to get certainty on this matter. Orders will be accepted with a 'waiver' regarding the install of a non AV charger install that will affect your warranty. Verified this with EVOM just now. Had to be certain as I said I'd follow-up on that. Consider the matter settled. Pardon the delay.

Back