LEAF Ordering Process for you the customers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deetime7767 said:
Orders will be accepted with a 'waiver' regarding the install of a non AV charger install that will affect your warranty. Verified this with EVOM just now.
The warranty of the car? Is that even legal? If the waiver says anything about voiding the warranty I will not be buying. Olga did not even think the waiver was even going to be finished and available until after orders were started. This all sounds like FUD to me. What is EVOM?

Which warranty, the warranty on the/some EVSE, or the warranty on the LEAF?

Adversely affecting the LEAF's warranty is basically unacceptable, and would probably be a show-stopper for me.

However, I was told (called Nissan) that the "waiver" would just be an acknowledgement that you were offered the AV-EVSE-install and 3-year warranty and you turned it down. If so, no problem signing it, unless you live in an "apartment" and it was never offered to you.

However, if it reduces the warranty on the charger part of the LEAF, that is totally unacceptable, since one might "often" charge at Brand-X charging stations. The car must be designed to "protect" itself from malfunctioning "EVSE" connections.

We shall see.

deetime7767 said:
Update...called the 877 664 2738 hotline and tried to get certainty on this matter. Orders will be accepted with a 'waiver' regarding the install of a non AV charger install that will affect your warranty. Verified this with EVOM just now. Had to be certain as I said I'd follow-up on that. Consider the matter settled. Pardon the delay.

Warranty as in car warranty or 3-yr in house warranty for the non-existant AV EVSE ?

I just can't believe that they would be talking about the car battery warranty. Even with the AV EVSE installed, it will be possible to charge your car battery from several different sources. Like at a rest stop or another public charging location or even a friends house that has an EV. I mean isn't Ecotality installing the Blink EVSE? There is no way that not installing an AV EVSE would affect your car battery warranty. That would be a lot of cancelled orders.

jev77 said:
I just can't believe that they would be talking about the car battery warranty. Even with the AV EVSE installed, it will be possible to charge your car battery from several different sources. Like at a rest stop or another public charging location or even a friends house that has an EV. I mean isn't Ecotality installing the Blink EVSE? There is no way that not installing an AV EVSE would affect your car battery warranty. That would be a lot of cancelled orders.
Exactly. If they do that I'll simply wait a year for the Ford Focus EV.

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Update...called the 877 664 2738 hotline and tried to get certainty on this matter. Orders will be accepted with a 'waiver' regarding the install of a non AV charger install that will affect your warranty. Verified this with EVOM just now. Had to be certain as I said I'd follow-up on that. Consider the matter settled. Pardon the delay.

Warranty as in car warranty or 3-yr in house warranty for the non-existant AV EVSE ?
I'm trying to get clarity in this still. Will post as soon I get it. I won't speculate as that may prove untimely.

@ Spies...take it easy pal. I'm one of the 'good guys'. There is no FUD here...just trying to pre-inform with best possible set of facts. Will address any valid concern someone has with what info I know to be correct at that given time. This is all subject to change by Nissan if it is their will and I will re-address whatever matter again, accordingly.

I thought the purpose of a charging standard was to insure that any EVSE or EV that adheres to the standard would all work together. A certified solution should be something certified to the standard, not to a particular vendor's implementation of the standard. Otherwise - what's the purpose of using a standard in the first place?

The FUD on this forum is getting a bit high. Let's apply some basic logic and reason for a moment. Public charging stations will not all be AV charging stations so Nissan could not and would not void anything on the warranty. If you sign a silly waiver about only using a AV EVSE (let's stop calling them chargers) there is no way Nissan can or would ever be able to prove you did not charge on a proper model since the FULLY expect people to charge at public EVSE locations. What Nissan likely wants to do is scare people form making some makeshift cord or something dangerous. Lastly, I can't imaging how even a bare cord would damage the pack since the charger/BMS is in control of the pack, NOT the EVSE. Just use a bit of reason and it is clear this is more FUD and even if it were true it would never be enforced even if it could, Nissan is likely covering against stupid behavior or this is more unclear info. There should be a betting pool on when all the EVSE FUD and safety concerns and unfounded speculation finally ends, it will.

1) An EVSE is safer than almost every electrical appliance electrical in your home, stop worrying and making up crazy safety "what if" situations
2) The pilot signals are basic and almost anyone with an old EVSE should be able to use them, it's damn basic technology
3) AV has too many hands in the pie and they are overcharging some people to the extreme, buying something else will not be an issue
4) 95% of this stuff is legal, marketing and agreement positioning

deetime7767 said:
It should be known that, you CAN NOT RAQ if you have not requested a 'home assessment' for a charger! I'm trying to get clarity on this one too, so stay tuned as I know what a lot of you out there might be thinking.

Huh? If I haven't requested? They're supposed to contact me about it!?!

LEAFer said:
I would like to see a copy of the waiver BEFORE Aug 27. :!:
Leafer,
I received a copy of the waiver from my Electric Vehicle Operations Manager this morn...while I'm not comfortable displaying it without authorization, it's just an opt-out form (you must call 877-664-2738 to request the waiver, Nissan then will alter your Customer Dashboard with a opt-out waiver select-box) stating that AV is your recommended and best source for your charger. It does not address any waiver of any warranty, however, as I stated in a post reply to someone...I'm still trying to get specific info to that very information. Please be assured that I will get to the truth of the matter asap.

Thanks for yours and everyones continued patience.

greenleaf said:
garygid said:
But you do need to "pay" the $100 "non-refundable" fee to schedule an accessment. Good luck getting the $100 back if you delay, reschedule, and finally cancel the appointment.
If no work is done, it's still non-refundable? I find that outrageous.

The fee was stated to apply to the price. If you cancel or reschedule within the time frames you won't be charged the $100.

Spies said:
mwalsh said:
deetime7767 said:
It should be known that, you CAN NOT RAQ if you have not requested a 'home assessment' for a charger! I'm trying to get clarity on this one too, so stay tuned as I know what a lot of you out there might be thinking.

Ooh, that is going to tick a few people off. Some of us are glad they got the home assessment just for the heck of it! Well, I am at least.
I just spoke with Nissan about this very thing this morning. I was told by Olga that there will be a waiver available at some future date that I will need to fill out before I take delivery of the car. However according to Olga not having the assessment done will not make a difference on the ability to order the Leaf. If Olga is mistaken there will be some very serious repercussions come August 27th.

Perhaps a few others could call and see if they get the same answer straight from Nissan? I already have EVSE installed and do not require another one.

FUD- You won't need the assessment. Nissan has stated this repeatedly. They are in business to sell cars, they are just dancing the fine line with AV right now because of their agreement.

deetime7767 said:
Leafer,
I received a copy of the waiver from my Electric Vehicle Operations Manager this morn... ...I'm still trying to get specific info to that very information. Please be assured that I will get to the truth of the matter asap.

Thanks for yours and everyones continued patience.
Thanks again ! :p You are appreciated here!

deetime7767 said:

Ooh, that is going to tick a few people off. Some of us are glad they got the home assessment just for the heck of it! Well, I am at least.[/quote]
I just spoke with Nissan about this very thing this morning. I was told by Olga that there will be a waiver available at some future date that I will need to fill out before I take delivery of the car. However according to Olga not having the assessment done will not make a difference on the ability to order the Leaf. If Olga is mistaken there will be some very serious repercussions come August 27th.

Perhaps a few others could call and see if they get the same answer straight from Nissan? I already have EVSE installed and do not require another one.[/quote]

FUD- You won't need the assessment. Nissan has stated this repeatedly. They are in business to sell cars, they are just dancing the fine line with AV right now because of their agreement.[/quote]

Evdriver...you must have missed deetime's 'update' post where she said you didn't have to have an assessment scheduled to order the car. :)

LEAFer said:
@deetime: Thanks for wanting to clear all the MUD/FUD :p
Reminder question: cargo cover is included on the SL ?
Leafer,
Haven't seen a "standard equipment" list as yet for both models, so can't answer that one yet but I won't forget to get you an answer, okay.

Back