Invitation - Exclusive Nissan LEAF® Advisors Forum-FULL UP!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JCBeLEAFer9 said:
MyNissanLEAF Community -

Before I do so, an introduction is in order. Many of you know me as the Nissan LEAF (U.S) Facebook Community Manager — a role I've led for the last two years (and a few months) with Nissan's advertising agency, TBWA\Chiat\Day. In addition to the content produced for LEAF social, much of my time is spent working with teams within Nissan and across Nissan's agency roster to provide real-time insights on our growing LEAF communities.

[...snip]

Jonathan Carmona
Nissan LEAF Community Manager

It's not surprising to me that the crack team behind Nissan's brilliant advertising strategy doesn't know how to put a online community together...

This whole thread cracks me up. Once again Nissan fails to recognize that the largest Leaf social network is right here on MNL. When Nissan says something we compare notes. If you have not figured that out by now, you might never. You keep trying to "pull one over" on the customers and we keep catching your deceptions. Why not stop trying to deceive and you might gain some enthusiastic supporters right here on MNL. Every time you do the opposite, you alienate your largest fan base.

Agreed - not only did they fumble the invites for their group, but they missed a chance to engage the community leaders here.

At lease they recognized that Chelsea seems to be plugged in :D

palmermd said:
This whole thread cracks me up. Once again Nissan fails to recognize that the largest Leaf social network is right here on MNL. When Nissan says something we compare notes. If you have not figured that out by now, you might never. You keep trying to "pull one over" on the customers and we keep catching your deceptions. Why not stop trying to deceive and you might gain some enthusiastic supporters right here on MNL. Every time you do the opposite, you alienate your largest fan base.

bravo.
well said.

----

on the other hand, i worry that we are being too mean to nissan when they are just trying to talk to customers.
dont you agree?

thankyouOB said:
on the other hand, i worry that we are being too mean to nissan when they are just trying to talk to customers.
dont you agree?
As opposed to what.... Range? Battery degradation? Nag screens? Slow infrastructure? Replacement battery? AV's install costs?
The list is endless.

Why would anyone go to facebook to get info on the LEAF? Go to the true source MNL. The Advisors Forum should be on MNL not on facebook.

pchilds said:
Why would anyone go to facebook to get info on the LEAF? Go to the true source MNL. The Advisors Forum should be on MNL not on facebook.

Ever since the LEAF battery degradation fiasco came to light last May, MNL has not, exactly, been full of LEAF cheerleaders. The problem is that Nissan would prefer to ignore the critics, or dismiss them as such a small subset of their customer base that they don’t have to deal with them. They want cheerleaders to say how wonderful the LEAF is. Anything else is unacceptable.

Weatherman said:
Ever since the LEAF battery degradation fiasco came to light last May, MNL has not, exactly, been full of LEAF cheerleaders. The problem is that Nissan would prefer to ignore the critics, or dismiss them as such a small subset of their customer base that they don’t have to deal with them. They want cheerleaders to say how wonderful the LEAF is. Anything else is unacceptable.

Yep. Exactly the WRONG thing to do. Instead they should be getting out in front of the problem; and dealing with US on an inclusive and honest basis. We are the tip of the iceberg so far as this things goes. If they don't see that sooner rather than later, the whole EV program is in jeopardy. Maybe that's precisely what everybody inside Nissan but Mr. Ghosn wants? :?

+1! Very well stated!

palmermd said:

Weatherman said:
They want cheerleaders to say how wonderful the LEAF is. Anything else is unacceptable.
This forum is full of kooks and wackjobs. Part of that is because of the anonymity the internet offers. At least with FB, they have a better shot of knowing your real name.

And you can be a cheerleader without drinking ALL of the Kool-Aid. They want people passionate about the tech that will tell 10 friends. Keep them informed of the latest stuff going on with EV's. But you don't need to bore your friends to death by dissecting every single move that Nissan makes. Far too many folks here have strong opinions about things, and don't get bothered by facts or evidence. Their way is the right way. Anything else is unacceptable.

It's not at all surprising that they wanted to set it up in a forum that they would have a lot more control over.

thankyouOB said:
this place isnt anonymous. you have to register to post.
you may have to divulge some info to the administrators of the forum but to the other users you are anonymous, in addition
big brutha can always drill down and find you if they ever care to

ITestStuff said:
full of kooks and wackjobs.

I disagree.

Granted, there are some, but my idea of "full of" is maybe different from yours.

I have seen a lot of useful, well informed posts here,as well as a lot of users, anonymous or not, who have earned my respect by their posts. Obviously some filtering of information is necessary, but that should be good practice anyway, when dealing with this medium.

ITestStuff said:
This forum is full of kooks and wackjobs. Part of that is because of the anonymity the internet offers. At least with FB, they have a better shot of knowing your real name.

And you can be a cheerleader without drinking ALL of the Kool-Aid. They want people passionate about the tech that will tell 10 friends. Keep them informed of the latest stuff going on with EV's. But you don't need to bore your friends to death by dissecting every single move that Nissan makes. Far too many folks here have strong opinions about things, and don't get bothered by facts or evidence. Their way is the right way. Anything else is unacceptable.

It's not at all surprising that they wanted to set it up in a forum that they would have a lot more control over.

I see your point, but belonging to facebook is not a guarantee against being a kook. Why can't I just sign up to Facebook as part of joining the group?

I think you come closer to the mark with the idea of passing info to "10 friends", and also having it be "lite info", if you will.

I think that's where the preference for pre-existing Facebook status comes from. Not so much looking for customer input but rather wanting to take advantage of their contact tree as a marketing resource. Which is ok if that's what they want, even if we (rightfully) think they're missing the real meat. They're probably more into the idea of viral, flashy hip trendy; form over function and in that case they are well-advised to deal me out.

Personally I do praise the car to friends. As I've told many, I've been waiting for this car since I was in elementary school in the late '60's. I'm really happy with it, and passionate about EVs in general. But I also give an honest appraisal of its strengths and weaknesses so they can make an informed decision. I'd think Nissan would be more interested in gaining new *satisfied* customers instead of new disillusioned ones. But that's not the way salesmen or marketers think, unless they are heavily leaned upon by executives with more sense. Witness the continuing claims of "100 miles" and even "200 kM"

the facebook thing is a way to find folks with lotta friends and get them to "like" and post and share stuff about the LEAF.
this is, as Nubo points out, a current marketing and communication technique that employs loyal alumni, customers, fans to surface and spread your message throughout the tree.
it can be stuff grown and posted, such as photos and video, about the LEAF, or stuff the Nissan market team creates that they feel is likable enough to get spread around.

i think if you look at who got tapped, most had lotta friends and longtime FB accounts and are frequent, even daily, posters.

In other words, it is mostly fluff and mostly worthless... Just fanboys...

thankyouOB said:
the facebook thing is a way to find folks with lotta friends and get the to like and post and share stuff about the LEAF.
this is, as Nubo points out, a current marketing and communication technique that employs loyal alumni, customers, fans to surface and spread your message throughout the tree.
it can be stuff grown and posted, such as photos and video, about the LEAF, or stuff the Nissan market team creates that they feel is likable enough to get spread around.
i think if you look at who got tapped, most had lotta friends and longtime FB accounts and are frequent, even daily, posters.

Went live yesterday, so far its fun hearing from other passionate owners. I kinda like it. Of course for tech advice, so far, this is best place to go.

Epi117 said:
Went live yesterday, so far its fun hearing from other passionate owners. I kinda like it. Of course for tech advice, so far, this is best place to go.
it is an honor to be in the presence of one of the Nissan LEAF elite, please, if you could, try to keep those of us who were deemed to be unworthy of participation up to date on anything interesting that the new group generates.

Back