Invitation - Exclusive Nissan LEAF® Advisors Forum-FULL UP!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
Nubo said:
... Hmm. Pretty much my answers except I don't do Facebook. I
Well, since the group they're forming is a Facebook group, that might have let you out right there.

Well it should be pretty obvious that I wouldn't have bothered responding if I wasn't willing to open an account to participate. Or it could have been an initial screening question.

Mishandled at best.

davewill said:
Nubo said:
... Hmm. Pretty much my answers except I don't do Facebook. I
Well, since the group they're forming is a Facebook group, that might have let you out right there.
you can keep speculating about who/why selections were or were not made but like I posted earlier the response from Nissan was that the group filled up fast because they were looking for 800 participants and sent out over 20k "invitations"
at this point the demographics were irrelevant in including people, the group was already filled with the number of people they needed for their purposes

Has anything happened with this group? I thought I was accepted via facebook, but I haven't seen anything show up their or anywhere else. I thought it might take them a few days to get it set up, but maybe mine didn't go through afterall.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the facebook group. Only has 3 members. Says request is still pending. So I guess they haven't really done anything yet.

gbarry42 said:
From what I read, they are looking for people who tweet a lot and spend too much time on Facebook. Frankly, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with an organization that would allow me to be a member!
You know, you've definitely got a point there! This board is my one and only "social networking" indulgence, unless you count email. I do, no sarcasm intended, now feel much better about having been rejected.

Ray

MyNissanLEAF Community -

I'd like to jump in here to help clear the air, so to speak, about the e-mail/recruitment survey for the soon-to-be-launched Nissan LEAF private Facebook group.

Before I do so, an introduction is in order. Many of you know me as the Nissan LEAF (U.S) Facebook Community Manager — a role I've led for the last two years (and a few months) with Nissan's advertising agency, TBWA\Chiat\Day. In addition to the content produced for LEAF social, much of my time is spent working with teams within Nissan and across Nissan's agency roster to provide real-time insights on our growing LEAF communities.

Having read each of your comments on this thread, including those on local LEAF- owner Facebook pages, I would like to explain a little more about the group, including how we recruited owners.

At its core, the private Facebook group is our first attempt at working with our passionate LEAF community to help us develop marketing content for the LEAF in a group composed of 100% LEAF owners. The idea for the group is due in large part to the feedback LEAF owners have shared with us about their desire to have a say in marketing communications for the LEAF, both in and out of social media. We currently have a few projects that are in different stages of development that we felt our owners' contribution would be invaluable.

In terms of recruitment, our goal was to curate an intimate group of approximately 800 owners from across the country, regardless of their length of LEAF ownership. Ideal candidates for the group needed to be active on Facebook, passionate about their LEAFs and have a desire to stay up-to-date about LEAF related news and announcements.

We made the decision that if a LEAF owner did not qualify for the group that they would get a message informing them the group was full. Our reason for doing so is that we did not want to inform an owner that they were not qualified for the group.

To those owners who found the survey and subsequent correspondence offensive, we offer our apologies. Based on your feedback, we understand that we can improve our recruitment process for the group and have taken note of the feedback that's been provided.

To help us in this process, we have reached out to Chelsea Sexton, leader of the LEAF Advisory Committee, and have asked that she and the US-based committee members participate in the Facebook group.

We plan to open up the group over the next few days and begin kicking-off with discussions in the group next week for a 2 -3 month period. During this time, we’ll be evaluating the benefits of the group to the LEAF community as a whole so that we may extend the invite to even more owners in the future.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and constructive criticism. We look forward to sharing some exciting new programs for the LEAF community in the months to come.

Jonathan Carmona
Nissan LEAF Community Manager

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
MyNissanLEAF Community -

I'd like to jump in here to help clear the air, so to speak, about the e-mail/recruitment survey for the soon-to-be-launched Nissan LEAF private Facebook group.

Before I do so, an introduction is in order. Many of you know me as the Nissan LEAF (U.S) Facebook Community Manager — a role I've led for the last two years (and a few months) with Nissan's advertising agency, TBWA\Chiat\Day. In addition to the content produced for LEAF social, much of my time is spent working with teams within Nissan and across Nissan's agency roster to provide real-time insights on our growing LEAF communities.

Having read each of your comments on this thread, including those on local LEAF- owner Facebook pages, I would like to explain a little more about the group, including how we recruited owners.

At its core, the private Facebook group is our first attempt at working with our passionate LEAF community to help us develop marketing content for the LEAF in a group composed of 100% LEAF owners. The idea for the group is due in large part to the feedback LEAF owners have shared with us about their desire to have a say in marketing communications for the LEAF, both in and out of social media. We currently have a few projects that are in different stages of development that we felt our owners' contribution would be invaluable.

In terms of recruitment, our goal was to curate an intimate group of approximately 800 owners from across the country, regardless of their length of LEAF ownership. Ideal candidates for the group needed to be active on Facebook, passionate about their LEAFs and have a desire to stay up-to-date about LEAF related news and announcements.

We made the decision that if a LEAF owner did not qualify for the group that they would get a message informing them the group was full. Our reason for doing so is that we did not want to inform an owner that they were not qualified for the group.

To those owners who found the survey and subsequent correspondence offensive, we offer our apologies. Based on your feedback, we understand that we can improve our recruitment process for the group and have taken note of the feedback that's been provided.

To help us in this process, we have reached out to Chelsea Sexton, leader of the LEAF Advisory Committee, and have asked that she and the US-based committee members participate in the Facebook group.

We plan to open up the group over the next few days and begin kicking-off with discussions in the group next week for a 2 -3 month period. During this time, we’ll be evaluating the benefits of the group to the LEAF community as a whole so that we may extend the invite to even more owners in the future.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and constructive criticism. We look forward to sharing some exciting new programs for the LEAF community in the months to come.

Jonathan Carmona
could you elaborate on some of the parameters of the qualifiers?

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
At its core, the private Facebook group is our first attempt at working with our passionate LEAF community to help us develop marketing content for the LEAF in a group composed of 100% LEAF owners.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. You were quite right to exclude me, as I have no interest in developing marketing content.

Now, if Nissan was looking for advice on technical shortcomings of the LEAF or ways to improve it, that would be another matter. I might even be willing to overcome my aversion to Facebook for something like that.

Ray

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
MyNissanLEAF Community -

Jonathan Carmona

give us a battery price, as you promised to do. That would be a great step to announce to the Facebook community before disappointed owners spread the word that nissan wants to steal back our batteries and abolish battery ownership

Oh yeah, that is SO much better... :lol:

JCBeLEAFer9 said:

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
Thanks for jumping in, but at this point it's really too little too late. You made a huge number of mistakes here with only one email and survey:

1. Lied about why applications were being denied.
2. Used a bad lie - who's going to believe that the group is full when people are completing applications within minutes of receiving the email?
3. Ignoring the largest concentration of enthusiasts on the internet - the MyNissanLEAF forum. You have to know that any sort of official Nissan communications is discussed here within minutes.
4. Waiting 3 weeks before coming clean and offering a weak mea culpa.
5. Letting people who were actually admitted sit for 3 weeks wondering if they were actually going to do anything once accepted.

I hope that someone learns from this experience. Considering that this is being managed by a professional marketing firm with a fancy website and lots of neat sounding buzzwords, I'm not impressed. You've only managed to alienate customers - not impress them.

Good luck.

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
Ideal candidates for the group needed to be active on Facebook, passionate about their LEAFs and have a desire to stay up-to-date about LEAF related news and announcements.

Well, that describes me to a tee. Yet I got the "full" message within 40 minutes of receiving the email. So you have other disqualification criteria that you're not sharing here. Or maybe I wasn't passionate enough. I can't recall how I responded to how much I love my LEAF. But the car has flaws. So if you are recruiting only those who are so passionate that they ignore the current LEAF's flaws, how accurate is your advice going to be from this group?

TomT said:
Oh yeah, that is SO much better... :lol:

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
Uh, yeah..."We made the decision that if a LEAF owner did not qualify for the group...we did not want to inform an owner that they were not qualified for the group."

That would be way too simple, straightforward and honest.

Really, WTF are you guys thinking??? Sometimes the corporate way makes me sick.

Please just get out of this forum...and back to Facebook where you belong. You've just been unfriended here.

Boomer23 said:
So if you are recruiting only those who are so passionate that they ignore the current LEAF's flaws, how accurate is your advice going to be from this group?

+1. Smells like yet another way for Nissan to ask only the questions it wants answers to and receive the "enthusiastic and positive" answers it expects.

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
MyNissanLEAF Community -

We plan to open up the group over the next few days and begin kicking-off with discussions in the group next week for a 2 -3 month period. During this time, we’ll be evaluating the benefits of the group to the LEAF community as a whole so that we may extend the invite to even more owners in the future. ....

Jonathan Carmona

this is really an ONION-style joke, right?

+1! (Though, in my case, I never even received an email...)

Another classic fail on Nissan's part. You would think that by now they would have learned, at least by osmosis...

Boomer23 said:
Well, that describes me to a tee. Yet I got the "full" message within 40 minutes of receiving the email. So you have other disqualification criteria that you're not sharing here. Or maybe I wasn't passionate enough. I can't recall how I responded to how much I love my LEAF. But the car has flaws. So if you are recruiting only those who are so passionate that they ignore the current LEAF's flaws, how accurate is your advice going to be from this group?

JCBeLEAFer9 said:
... Ideal candidates for the group needed to be active on Facebook, passionate about their LEAFs and have a desire to stay up-to-date about LEAF related news and announcements.

Well, thanks at least for acknowledging the issue. Dishonesty is never the right approach. Even in the hurly-burly world of social media.

You could have avoided the problem by clearly stating up-front the attributes you were looking for.

"Are you:
-active on Facebook?
-passionate about your LEAF?
-interested in staying up-to-date about LEAF related news and announcements?

If you answered "yes" to all of the above, then please register for an opportunity to join....." etc.

No need for a cloak-and-dagger survey to "judge" qualifications when the whole process could have encouraged self-selection by those qualified and interested instead of wasting the time of thousands of people who would not have bothered if they had known what you really wanted.

BTW, why is "active on Facebook" a prerequisite? Are you looking for input, or recruiting an army of posters and tweeters to do your advertising for you?

Nubo said:
BTW, why is "active on Facebook" a prerequisite? Are you looking for input, or recruiting an army of posters and tweeters to do your advertising for you?

Sounds like the "marketing" this particular group is interested in is expanded social media marketing... therefore less interesting to me.

Back