Invitation - Exclusive Nissan LEAF® Advisors Forum-FULL UP!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This "exclusive" club didn't send a whole bunch of other folks any invitation at all. Almost like there's a "red line" :)

I'm probably too suspicious, but ya know who we haven't heard from on here lately?

astrorob said:
same here, though i must have filled it out just a few minutes after receiving the email.

maybe because i don't use facebook i was disqualified?? i dont know.

Yeah, I have that suspicion that it was only "too full" once I filled out the survey and they learned I wasn't involved in enough social networking to suit them. I've had several of those types of "surveys" lately. One was for a news outlet and as soon as I gave my age they had no further questions. Tried it later under a different ID, saying I was 20-something. Lo and Behold! They had dozens of questions to ask me.

Here we go again, Nissan and thie shenanigans. Just when you thought it could not get worse for them. Ugh!!!!! already at strike 3 and out. 24 payments to go and they can have it back.

Ian B

Boomer23 said:
The email arrived at 12:41 PM today.
And then at the end of the survey I get a message that says that the panel is FULL due to heavy response. This is about 40 minutes after receiving the email.

What have you accomplished, Nissan Social? You just pissed me off and wasted my time. Good idea, though, give the bloke who thought this one up the rest of the day off! :x :evil:
I got to the final page at 12:52 and still failed to make the cut.

I replied to the email ([email protected]) expressing my disappointment. I don't expect to get a response. Maybe I'll post to their FB page, too.

Maybe they only wanted one person to sign up and Randy got lucky!

I put all super positive responses and got the "full" message. Maybe they want some corrective criticism instead of "yes" folks - well, I flunked, I guess - oh, wait, now I DO have a criticism :D

Randy said:
I replied back within a few minutes, answered all the questions and got accepted. They have to allow me into the group, so I don't know anything yet....But the Terms and Conditions are such that I probably can't talk about any detailed information....
you must have given some of the answers that they were looking to get, just like any other kind of polling the results can be skewed by the questions asked and who is asked

+1

These days, unfortunately, I would expect nothing less from Nissan...

Hey, at least some of you actually received a survey and request... I'm still waiting for mine! :lol:

Ironically, I did receive a very well crafted survey from Tesla and I don't even own one of their cars (though I plan to)...

CMYK4Life said:
I feel duped. Fool me once... shame on you... I won't be fooled twice.

linkim said:
Just out of curiosity I took the survey - REJECTED.

I posted a complaint on their Facebook page and they responded with the fact that the "exclusive" group was only open to 800 people and they sent out over 20k solicitations. the group was filled within minutes of it being opened so those of us who were not one of the initial responders were "rejected". A piss poor marketing scheme!

apvbguy said:
I posted a complaint on their Facebook page and they responded with the fact that the "exclusive" group was only open to 800 people and they sent out over 20k solicitations. the group was filled within minutes of it being opened so those of us who were not one of the initial responders were "rejected". A piss poor marketing scheme!

Lets see, if they sent out 20k solicitations to Sentra owners would Nissan get even 20 back?

Nissan marketing is not the best. I bet they will also end up with a class action law suit at some point for false advertising. To say the LEAF has a 6.6kw charger is simply false. Perhaps they need to be advised on that or their advertising people need to get the facts straight. Is there a disclosure someplace that protects them from making such false statements? Seems like misleading marketing to give a false spec just to match the competition. I doubt this group like the many before will help Nissan much in their corporate bubble. This is why we have fast moving companies like Tesla that are not stuck with conservative management.

If I bought a 2013 LEAF and it said it had a 6.6kw CHARGER, I would expect it to have just that. If an EV consumes 10kw and only 8kw comes out of the charger that is an 8kw charger. Conversely if your EV needs 5kw to charge and support cooling, etc and you buy a Brusa 3.3kw charger to use this does not make the Brusa a 5kw charger. Seems really sneaky to me, so why not just post the actual spec like they did in 2011-2012? By this measure a 2011-2013 LEAF has a 3.8kw charger, but it really does not!

Any maketing folks worth their money would have had the link to the survey change as soon as it was full and say it was full rather than waste everyones time and and create potential frustration. .

Normal procedure and best practice, when creating any form of group, it to take all the applications and then pick X number that best meet your needs from the pool of those available. Apparently Nissan was absent from Business School the day that was discussed... First come, first served is the WORST way to create any group or panel!

apvbguy said:

EVDRIVER said:
Nissan marketing is not the best. I bet they will also end up with a class action law suit at some point for false advertising. To say the LEAF has a 6.6kw charger is simply false. Perhaps they need to be advised on that or their advertising people need to get the facts straight. Is there a disclosure someplace that protects them from making such false statements? Seems like misleading marketing to give a false spec just to match the competition. I doubt this group like the many before will help Nissan much in their corporate bubble. This is why we have fast moving companies like Tesla that are not stuck with conservative management.

If I bought a 2013 LEAF and it said it had a 6.6kw CHARGER, I would expect it to have just that. If an EV consumes 10kw and only 8kw comes out of the charger that is an 8kw charger. Conversely if your EV needs 5kw to charge and support cooling, etc and you buy a Brusa 3.3kw charger to use this does not make the Brusa a 5kw charger. Seems really sneaky to me, so why not just post the actual spec like they did in 2011-2012? By this measure a 2011-2013 LEAF has a 3.8kw charger, but it really does not!

Any maketing folks worth their money would have had the link to the survey change as soon as it was full and say it was full rather than waste everyones time and and create potential frustration. .

In fairness to Nissan, they did post a chart that had text that said the new charger was almost double the speed from 7 hours to 4 hours.

EVDRIVER said:
Nissan marketing is not the best. I bet they will also end up with a class action law suit at some point for false advertising. To say the LEAF has a 6.6kw charger is simply false.
The semantic debate over the 6.6kw charger seems fairly minor. If its off a few percent, that doesn't materially affect your use of the car. Not knowing a price for a battery and therefore it's sustainability seems much more fundamental.

dm33 said:
EVDRIVER said:
Nissan marketing is not the best. I bet they will also end up with a class action law suit at some point for false advertising. To say the LEAF has a 6.6kw charger is simply false.
The semantic debate over the 6.6kw charger seems fairly minor. If its off a few percent, that doesn't materially affect your use of the car. Not knowing a price for a battery and therefore it's sustainability seems much more fundamental.

Those are two unrelated subjects. The difference to me is not an issue since I have a 2011 car. It is still false advertising and likely intentionally misleading, I'm not sure how lying is somehow less important of an issue. What if they told you the pack was 20kwh and it was 19kwh, boy watch all hell break loose. The point is is that it is deceptive and I wonder if other manufacturers are honest or doing the same. Next time you buy a 18" tire and it's actually 17.5 remember that it's just a half an inch. Or perhaps when a 16 oz can is only 15oz of something. Consumers are so easily fooled these days, it may not matter to you but it may to another person. The LEAF also goes 100 miles on a charge, perhaps 200 downhill. Is it carpet if it looks like it was sprayed on? :lol: I have never purchased an EV charger that did not meet the exact output spec when provided the correct input spec, it would not be acceptable. What else has Nissan fudged to their advantage? They don't need focus groups they need more straight talk and better product dev people clearly.

Back