Invitation - Exclusive Nissan LEAF® Advisors Forum-FULL UP!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont understand the hate. Its just another source for people who like the leaf, its media heavy, just about everyone is posting pics, stories etc.

As a 55ish year old who likes facebook, twitter and stuffi have to admit, i like it.

On a side note, im sure there are some very smart passionate, tech driven people who dont use this site, but use the facebook portal.

This FB group is a joke. Exclusive, gimme a break please . I'll give it another week maybe, if the discussions continue to lack depth I'm going to unsubscribe. Feels like a bunch of naive new owners easily provoked by Nissan Social posts singing dithyrambs to the Leaf and how much money they save.

Sigh.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/owner-questions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evchels said:
Sigh.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/owner-questions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I first went to the question that I get asked most often.

"how far will it go on a single charge"
I WILL SAY WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE THAT WE CAN TRAVEL 90 “CITY MILES” ON A FULL CHARGE.
By that I mean typical urban traffic, or even roads where the speed ranges from 40-55 mph. Highway travel does drain the batteries faster, but I still would feel comfortable with a highway-only trip of 75 miles, humming along at 70-75 mph the entire time.

So they are allowed to say that it will go 75 miles on a charge when driving at 75mph because it came from a customer. Wow!

second answer
IN THE HOT WEATHER MONTHS IT WAS AROUND 80-85 MILES WITHOUT THE ‘ECO MODE’ ON.
Now that it has cooled off I notice that I occasionally get up into the 90’s

These are the only two answers that Nissan posted on this website, and both of them contradict the EPA rating as well as about 90% of the user experience that is expressed on this website which should be the source for all of their real world marketing data.

palmermd said:
evchels said:
Sigh.

So I first went to the question that I get asked most often.

"how far will it go on a single charge"
I WILL SAY WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE THAT WE CAN TRAVEL 90 “CITY MILES” ON A FULL CHARGE.
By that I mean typical urban traffic, or even roads where the speed ranges from 40-55 mph. Highway travel does drain the batteries faster, but I still would feel comfortable with a highway-only trip of 75 miles, humming along at 70-75 mph the entire time.

So they are allowed to say that it will go 75 miles on a charge when driving at 75mph because it came from a customer. Wow!

second answer
IN THE HOT WEATHER MONTHS IT WAS AROUND 80-85 MILES WITHOUT THE ‘ECO MODE’ ON.
Now that it has cooled off I notice that I occasionally get up into the 90’s

And here I was being just being over anxious that my 2 yr old (12 bar) leaf went from 10 bars to 1 after just 37 miles of intown driving today... silly me.

evchels said:
Sigh.

I get it!
this is nissan's way of announcing its new, longer-range (for-the-same-price) battery.
i want one!!!
no, i want two; because they are going to sell like hotcakes.

palmermd said:
These are the only two answers that Nissan posted on this website, and both of them contradict the EPA rating as well as about 90% of the user experience that is expressed on this website which should be the source for all of their real world marketing data.
Yes, I noticed it too. It was a bit odd. Some of the other sections were not that bad, but I found another quote, which made me cringe. There is perhaps 1/2 mile of range left when the turtle light comes on. If you are lucky. It's down to about 0.250 kWh of usable energy at that point.

surfingslovak said:
palmermd said:
Yes, I noticed it too. It was a bit odd. Some of the other sections were not that bad, but I found another quote, which made me cringe. There is perhaps 1/2 mile of range left when the turtle light comes on. If you are lucky. It's down to about 0.250 kWh of usable energy at that point.

Just change that "a few miles" to "a few feet"; and you'd be pretty accurate.

Back