ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greengate said:
When I asked her why she parked in a space that was marked for EV's only, she said she thought it was ok since no EV was parked there.

With that logic I guess it's ok to park at a gas pump if an ICE vehicle is not there.

greengate said:
When I asked her why she parked in a space that was marked for EV's only, she said she thought it was ok since no EV was parked there.
...the beauty of her argument is that if she does it right, no EV ever will...

When I take my diesel truck to fill up at a Murphy Station (Walmart), 9 times out of 10 there are gassers parked in the diesel spots. Granted you 'can' get gas at those pumps too, but with 16 gas pumps (50% empty spots!) and only 2 diesel pumps, it really ticks me off - especially when they aren't even at their vehicles.

mirko said:
greengate said:

With that logic I guess it's ok to park at a gas pump if an ICE vehicle is not there.

You need to look at it from her perspective. Anyone dimwitted enough to buy an EV needs to be guided to those spaces that have charging. If they weren't labelled then these dumbAs with EVs would be plugging their cars into rubbish bins, postal boxes, vending machines, and the like.

So the only thing she sees the 'EV' signs indicating is where to get a charge, not that it is a space only for EVs. A bit like a lane at a drivethru - any cars can go down the 'drivethru' lane to the hatch but if it wasn't signed some might end up accidentally parking in a spot and thinking 'this is a dead end. where do I go from here?'.

Y'see!? ;)

We had some major general parking issues at my work a couple years back. There were barely enough parking spaces, but if you showed up after about 8:30 you have to park out in the boondocks. We ended up with a lot of illegal parking to avoid a ~500 foot walk (horrors...). People were parking in front of fire hydrants, up on the grass, and in ways that made it very hard to back out of legit spots.

A simple note got put on the windshields of the offenders:
"Nice Car.
Now please put it in a spot.
-Your Co-workers"

People got the message, and it did not appear to cause any backlash rage.

Perhaps a similarly kind note, printed out and ready to deploy, would help edjumicate folks?

"Nice care, but...
please do not take up the EV charging spots.
We need to charge to make it home.
-Your friendly EV driver"

I know that the "Eat my voltage" and "Do your gas dollars fund ISIS?" crowds will not approve, but a pleasant informative message is less likely to get your car keyed down the road, or cause someone to start blocking intentionally.

ILETRIC said:
If it had been a Disabled Parking spot, what would she say then?

I was thinking the same thing. If I encountered somebody who answered with that response I'd reply "Why not go park in the handicapped spots then? Nobody is using them right now."

Its the new F-150 electric truck!!! :evil:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152788206483936&set=pcb.10152788206928936&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've always been tempted to (on the stations with locking holsters) loop the charge cord around one of the spokes of their wheel, and then reholster it.

"You've always parked here? Well, now you'll always be parked here. Enjoy."

These oblivious ICE holes would just drive off and rip the cable out of the EVSE. They wouldn't even hear the noise because their radios are up too loud to cover the sound of their burners.

Berwyn Municipal Parking Facility. Berwyn IL
MiniCooper_zps221b3ea0.jpg

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Hey, that last WPI pic, is that the Library? It doesn't look like Goddard hall, and it's not the parking garage ones. I don't think that one's on Plugshare yet.
That is actually Goddard Hall; it's on Plugshare.

(I was at WPI for the Savage Soccer competition)

Back