New 2012 Leaf owner with no charge no drive ev

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLeaf

Yeah, got my 2012 Leaf about 2 months ago and was a very happy owner till power outage while charging on L2. Right now it doesn't charge on either L1 or L2 nor I can put in drive or reverse. I do have the immediate dtc after my ev died but not sure how to upload an image here.
Right now I have the following error codes:
P3176-00 C0 EV/HEV inverter condenser
C118C-01 09 ABS EV/HEV system BRC-126
I was able to clear all the other codes except two brake related ones. I have new fully charged accessory battery in the car and have disconnected/scanned/cleared dtc dozen of times already.

Is there a way to save LeafSpy Pro dtc scan as a text file?
Is there a hope my ev will run again?

Thank you all and any input

Welcome! Too bad to hear about the issue. Hope someone knowledgeable would see this. Or post in the Batteries & Charging tech section.

Yeah, got my 2012 Leaf about 2 months ago and was a very happy owner till power outage while charging on L2. Right now it doesn't charge on either L1 or L2 nor I can put in drive or reverse. I do have the immediate dtc after my ev died but not sure how to upload an image here.
Right now I have the following error codes:
P3176-00 C0 EV/HEV inverter condenser
C118C-01 09 ABS EV/HEV system BRC-126
I was able to clear all the other codes except two brake related ones. I have new fully charged accessory battery in the car and have disconnected/scanned/cleared dtc dozen of times already.

Is there a way to save LeafSpy Pro dtc scan as a text file?
Is there a hope my ev will run again?

Thank you all and any input
One thing you can try is removing the 12v battery cable off the 12v battery under the hood. Wait a minute and reconnect. This should clear the codes. You might have to try and start it 2 or 3 times. Also put a volt meter across the 12v battery posts and make sure its 13 volts...if less than 13 charge it.. if stays below 13volts replace it (with a much better battery from NAPA with cold cranking amps).. then start the car 2 or 3 times for the computer to set the codes.

When my 12v battery went bad after 7 years, it threw some catastrophic codes, telling me to tow it to the dealer.
I called my supplier, who delivered a new 12v battery inside an hour...I was ready for him... I had to press start 2 or 3 times.. with bad start.. but then the computer got OK, and never a problem since.

Remember, the battery with cold cranking amps is far better than the non cold cranking amps battery stock.. (the 12v is to start the computer, the pumps and all the 12v stuff.. The "traction battery" is what runs the motors, this is hundreds of volts.

Yeah, got my 2012 Leaf about 2 months ago and was a very happy owner till power outage while charging on L2. Right now it doesn't charge on either L1 or L2 nor I can put in drive or reverse.
Unfortunately, it sounds like you experienced some sort of power surge at/during the outage that took out the OBC or inverter. Doesn't matter what the codes are, I suspect any repair will require an (expensive) trip to a dealer (with a competent Leaf tech).
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but good luck.

Back