ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dui53Uyl.jpg

How did they know that the other side of the charger did not work, so nobody bothered to put the carts there?

camasleaf said:
Dui53Uyl.jpg

How did they know that the other side of the charger did not work, so nobody bothered to put the carts there?

There are no internal combustion engines in those carts!

At least you can roll them away, more work than moving orange cones but still better than a SUV blocking the spot.

DaveinOlyWA said:
what business is this?

It is a the Wall-mart in Wood Village, north of I84 Troutdale, OR: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/8977" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .The picture is from a couple months ago. Based on Plugshare it is down on both sides right now,.

jlv said:
W.P.I. campus, Worcester MA
uRdBpD3.jpg

Wow! A triple-play of things wrong:

1. Parked taking up two spots
2. Practically blocking an EV charging station (unless it's something very narrow like an iMiEV or Spark EV)
3. The fact that the person bought a Hummer H3 :lol:

RonDawg said:
jlv said:
uRdBpD3.jpg

2. Practically blocking an EV charging station (unless it's something very narrow like an iMiEV or Spark EV)

Hah -- what's interesting that happens here in Chicago in the condo garages is people straddling 2 spaces but they put a sign that they paid for both so no one can park next to them and scratch their car (parking downtown is quite expensive) --- not a chance in this case; bad Hummer, bad, bad, Hummer

redLEAF said:
Hah -- what's interesting that happens here in Chicago in the condo garages is people straddling 2 spaces but they put a sign that they paid for both so no one can park next to them and scratch their car ...
And they think that works :? :?
I wouldn't scratch their vehicle, but they don't seem to recognize that 1% to 2% of people are a bit crazy.
Some % of them will key the vehicle when they read the note :shock: :eek:

In all fairness though, the vehicle to the right of the Hummer (though within the lines), wouldn't allow the passenger to exit the Hummers door without creaming that vehicle.

RonDawg said:
jlv said:
uRdBpD3.jpg

recmob said:
In all fairness though, the vehicle to the right of the Hummer (though within the lines), wouldn't allow the passenger to exit the Hummers door without creaming that vehicle.

There is no fairness when it comes to the H3 and its ilk.

:evil:

Now that they are working, good luck on getting to them at this Whole Foods Market in Northbrook, IL.

Attachments

• Shame on You.jpg
    Shame on You.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 132
JNS Power probably not too happy about this scene at Whole Foods Market in Northbrook, IL :!:

Attachments

• No Charge Here.jpg
    No Charge Here.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 130
There has got to be some way to get the word out to these business owners to stop putting the EVSE's in the desirable spaces. We will park in the back. We don't mind a little walk.

AlanSqB said:
There has got to be some way to get the word out to these business owners to stop putting the EVSE's in the desirable spaces. We will park in the back. We don't mind a little walk.
Completely agree!! I would walk, however suspect they want the positive PR for being Green, thus in the front, which is a good idea!!

So, how about in both places. :cool:

At one point I was thinking it might be fun to start a "Green Cone Campaign". Basically buy inexpensive green traffic cones and spray "EV only" on them and begin putting them at the end of these spaces. I think the icers will just be too lazy to get out and move them.

Moving the Chargers to the back would probably also discourage unneeded parking by those that don't really need a charge but have an EV and just want to park up front. I see lots of full EV's sitting on L2's around here.

In front is where the power is usually closest... To put them in back would require a much longer and more expensive power run...

AlanSqB said:

TomT said:
In front is where the power is usually closest... To put them in back would require a much longer and more expensive power run...

AlanSqB said:

Yeah but they could at least move it back one or two spaces instead of

barrier
space 1 EV
space 2 EV
space 3 normal
space 4 normal
etecetera

they could be smart and make it

barrier
space 1 normal
space 2 EV
space 3 EV
space 4 normal

or even have two buffer spaces up front.

It'll cost them a little more for the extra space but it will make the customers happier no matter which of these people they are:

I want to park the closest no matter what and am willing to block the EVSE
I want to be able to charge without having to move an ICE vehicle out of the EVSE spot
I don't care about either but I'll take a close space if I'm in a hurry

Community and police need to strike fear into ICEs park in the green zone like they have parking in the blue without the disabled tag.

Maybe we need a green tag equivalent :lol:

Back