Gasoline May Rise Above $5 a Gallon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The Saudis could decide to increase their output to strangle the frackers.
or this is how the Saudis have agreed to help pay for the US to stay engaged. Without the US, Saudi defense could easily fall to the spread of terrorism IMO.

Popping in having read only a few pages here, but we're talking $4-$5 when it should rightfully be 2-3 times that. Same with the gas fee*, which hasn't changed in over 20 years. It's hard not to throw one's hands up in exasperation when looking at the hard, economic/numerical/political "reality" of it all.

I think the positive, concrete effects of our early adoption will only occur many years from now; positive influence in the near term is probably greatest in "non-concrete" ways, e.g., by changing minds, waking people up, little by little. And although minor "measurably", it is still very important!

* They call it a tax, but aren't (sales) taxes generally a percent of the purchase price?

LTLFTcomposite said:
This thread has been quiet of late.

haha, yes. This drop is pretty good for me though. I've been planning on replacing my 2013 lease with a purchased 2013 when my lease is up. If gas is near $3 a gallon by then, 2-year-old Leafs will be nearly worthless.

pkulak said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
This thread has been quiet of late.

haha, yes. This drop is pretty good for me though. I've been planning on replacing my 2013 lease with a purchased 2013 when my lease is up. If gas is near $3 a gallon by then, 2-year-old Leafs will be nearly worthless.

Well, It's worthless in Cle Elum, WA. We filled up our Quest there traveling from Eastern WA to Seattle and back, Oct. 10 to 13. $2.91/gal at Safeway, $2.89 at Chevron. Prices in Seattle area still around $3.40-3.50.

It is all a matter of perspective. despite paying less at the pump, the cost of gasoline is rising and fast, we just have not received the bill yet. In 2008, 0ur 3 largest fields produced just over quarter million barrels of oil per day. Today, we have 4 fields producing over a million.

so what is the true cost of tripling output? I don't know but betting if I did, I would consider $5 a gallon for gas to be a bargain

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-road-to-hell-just-got-much-shorter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA said:
It is all a matter of perspective. despite paying less at the pump, the cost of gasoline is rising and fast, we just have not received the bill yet. In 2008, 0ur 3 largest fields produced just over quarter million barrels of oil per day. Today, we have 4 fields producing over a million.

so what is the true cost of tripling output? I don't know but betting if I did, I would consider $5 a gallon for gas to be a bargain

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-road-to-hell-just-got-much-shorter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Adventure Cycling Organization had to change their Trans-America route (which had been in place since 1976) due to the horrendous truck traffic in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.bikingbis.com/2012/03/27/dangerous-roads-prompt-bike-route-changes-in-north-dakota/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bakken1.jpg

Check this recent posting from one of our members and be grateful that you are driving a Leaf.

daveinolywa.blogspot.com

Thanks Dave for this most recent article.

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 48
Exactly. OPEC is keeping the price low to get the US and Canada out of the picture, then they can hike it right back up again in a year or two. They are Walmarting the home of Walmart.

MikeinDenver said:
But then what will they use the big pipe they want to build for?
Until men get beyond the need to "lay pipe," (and the bigger the better,) we are all doomed.

Who cares what flows through it..just got to lay more pipe.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 109
We are already seeing gas below two bucks a gallon in a few places and many more will follow shortly... It is certainly going to make selling EVs and even hybrids more difficult if it actually lasts for any period of time...

TomT said:
We are already seeing gas below two bucks a gallon in a few places and many more will follow shortly... It is certainly going to make selling EVs and even hybrids more difficult if it actually lasts for any period of time...

And then we'll see the same types of folks wrending their garb over not being able to afford gas for the massive SUV they bought in 2015 when it inevitably does go back up. America is a nation of sheeple.

Back