Full 2013 Nissan LEAF Specs out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
IBELEAF said:
Oh and it looks like they reduced torque from 208 to 187 lb-ft. Is that how they would achieve better economy?

As far as colors, I really like that they introduced gray. I submitted a few suggestions about wanting that color as an option and glad to see it being available.

Torque was reduced in the 2012, and the difference is noticeable.
If that change helps to get more range out of the LEAF, then I'm all for it!

Stanton said:
SuperBlack said:
I've also found that the quick charge port is not worth a damn to me. If that was an option on the SL, I'd drop it.

Heated seats are standard on all trims? That's silly, as I would have no need for that here in SoCal. Maybe I would want it if I had leather.

Ditto: I never wanted a QC port (never wanted to push the battery pack), so didn't spend the $$ on an SL trim; and, I still don't see where EVERYONE needs heated steering+seats, but I would have hardly ever used it in TX.

Being in TX with a 2011 without heated seats, I went and purchased aftermarket heated, back&butt seat pads that plug into the accessory port under the center dash. Since the heater sucks so much power, now I use my version of heated seats instead of the heater. So I guess it depends on how far you drive and whether you're amenable to cold temps or not. :)

TEG said:
LEAFfan said:
IBELEAF said:
Oh and it looks like they reduced torque from 208 to 187 lb-ft...
Torque was reduced in the 2012, and the difference is noticeable.

Are you sure about that? I still see 207 listed various places (associated with 2012) even on their web site:
207torque.jpg

That's exactly what I asked the owner and they said Nissan kept the spec sheet the same, but reduced the torque.

LEAFfan said:
tbleakne said:
Specs say parking brake now manual foot pedal on all models. One feature where they went backwards. I really like the original electrical parking brake with its ultra-capacitor, but I suppose it was expensive. My understanding is that whatever was behind the rear seat has been moved. Is there now more space in the rear trunk?

Yes, it's about 1 cu.ft. more.

It makes a nice spot for the subwoofer :cool:

http://sfbayleafs.org/news/2013/01/2013-nissan-leaf-model-overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2013LEAF_018-640x414.jpg

2013LEAF_0011-640x426.jpg

(want that color and those wheels!)

http://sfbayleafs.org/news/2013/01/2013-nissan-leaf-model-overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...EV-IT improvements for 2013 include a new “Eco route” feature added to the available navigation system that includes suggested power-saving alternative routes – plus Google® local search, Pandora® link for iPhone® and iPod® cover art. The new Google Places search function allows LEAF owners to look for area restaurants, shops and other points of interest and browse user reviews using Google’s POI database to get the most up-to-date information at all times...

TEG said:
tbleakne said:
Specs say parking brake now manual foot pedal on all models. One feature where they went backwards. I really like the original electrical parking brake...

"Electronic Parking Brakes: What's The Point?"

A guy told me once he wouldn't have a Leaf because the electronic parking brake makes drifting impossible. I didn't (and still don't) know anything about the subject so I didn't try to argue the point.

Too bad I don't have his contact information to let him know of the change, maybe he'd be interested now.

RegGuheert said:
Homelink is not an option on either S or SV? That's one of our favorite features, if for no other reason than our garage door openers eat batteries like candy!
When I was mulling over Homelink Phil suggested this:
Skylink G6MR Keychain Remote Set

The receiver fits over the door switch in my garage and it works independently of the original door remote. I've been using mine since March 2012 and it has been great. If additional remotes are needed they are easily available:
Skylink G6M Keychain Garage Door Remote

Lots cheaper than Homelink and more versatile!

LTLFTcomposite said:
A guy told me once he wouldn't have a Leaf because the electronic parking brake makes drifting impossible. I didn't (and still don't) know anything about the subject so I didn't try to argue the point.

Too bad I don't have his contact information to let him know of the change, maybe he'd be interested now.

I see how this could be a deal breaker, drifting during a daily commute is a must just like a morning coffee.

JustinC said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Are the interior color options specified anywhere? Or is it Henry Ford style, any color you want as long as it's black?

edit:Two interior colors are offered: new Black (S, SV, SL) or Light Gray (SV only)
Does that mean that the leather only comes in black? Since you say Light Gray is only available on SV, and leather is only available on SL?

I would only want the leather if it was available in the light color. I've also grown to like my cloth interior although I would definitely have ordered leather if available in 2011. I still don't like getting shocked every time I get out of the car in the winter though.

I should have quoted that text in the "edit", it was from the press kit: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/us-united-states-nissan-models-leaf/presskits/us-2013-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The way I read it, the choices are:
S: Black cloth, made from all new materials
SL: Black leather, presumably some combination of dead cows painted black on the seating surfaces and black naugas elsewhere
SV: Your choice of black or light grey cloth, impregnated with used water bottles

LTLFTcomposite said:

I don't think he would be happy with a foot pedal brake either. He probably wants a handbrake...

TEG said:
I don't think he would be happy with a foot pedal brake either. He probably wants a handbrake...
It's also highly likely he couldn't afford a new car no matter what and just needed an excuse.

IBELEAF said:
Oh and it looks like they reduced torque from 208 to 187 lb-ft. Is that how they would achieve better economy?

As far as colors, I really like that they introduced gray. I submitted a few suggestions about wanting that color as an option and glad to see it being available.

Really? Darn, I am trading in my 2011 to lease a 2012 (or perhaps 2013) and I really like the torque in my car. Phooey.

DesertDenizen said:
Really? Darn, I am trading in my 2011 to lease a 2012 (or perhaps 2013) and I really like the torque in my car. Phooey.
The motors in the 2011 and 2012 are identical. There will be a change in the upcoming 2013 with reduced torque to improve efficiency and range (slightly).

LEAFguy said:
DesertDenizen said:
The motors in the 2011 and 2012 are identical. There will be a change in the upcoming 2013 with reduced torque to improve efficiency and range (slightly).
Hmm, LEAFfan wrote that the change in the 2012 was noticeable. Now I am confused. I guess I will see when I drive my new leased LEAF

Back