Full 2013 Nissan LEAF Specs out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the 2013 now has angled front headrests. The 2011/2012 headrests are inline with the seat angle and do very little to support your head... a nice sudle improvement

EricBayArea said:
I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the 2013 now has angled front headrests. The 2011/2012 headrests are inline with the seat angle and do very little to support your head... a nice sudle improvement
They look the same to me. The current ones are angled so far forward that some people turn them around. Maybe yours are in backwards? My wife always complains that her head is being forced forward.

davewill said:
EricBayArea said:
They look the same to me. The current ones are angled so far forward that some people turn them around. Maybe yours are in backwards? My wife always complains that her head is being forced forward.

Mine are definitely in forward. I saw this picture of a 2012:

2013-Nissan-Leaf-EV-Interior.jpg

And this one of the 2013:

Revised-Nissan-Leaf-Japanese-Spec-black-interior-1024x640.jpg

And thought the new ones looked angled more. My head doesn't even touch them so it was something that my eyes caught. Perhaps this being a non-US 2013 Leaf (right-hand drive) they have different ones.

I can tell you that the head rests in my 2012 look nothing like that, especially the rear seats. I'm guessing you're right about that being a non-US leaf.

The front headrests on my 2012 SV are of a similar shape, but aren't angled as aggressively. The ones in the pics remind me of the headrests on my '03 Altima 3.5 SE.

The rear headrests look nothing like the mine in the car, and I wish it had the ones in the photos. The ones in my car are way too large. I wish they were more like the ones on my Audi, which only stick up above the seat back a few inches when fully lowered, but can be raised up high enough for proper whiplash protection when someone is actually sitting in that seat.

The rear headrests in my Insight are actually flush with the top of the seat when down, but provide great support when up. I wish every car had this style!

jfon101231 said:
OrientExpress said:
LEAFfan said:
{RVC} Standard on SV also; Optional on the S
Here is an update on this. I spoke with my contacts in Nissan product planning and confirmed that the RVC is NOT standard on any of the 2013 LEAF models. Quite probably what happened is that the OP of this rumor saw a RVC that was part of the AVM on a 2013 car and did not notice the other 3 cameras.

Agreed on this. I chatted with Kathleen today, who confirmed the website is correct in that NONE of the models come with any camera/monitor standard, and that the choice is to add the optional rear view camera for the S, or the premium upgrade for the SV/SL to add the all around monitor.
It's quiet easy to add the camera on yourself.

jelloslug said:
jfon101231 said:
OrientExpress said:
Here is an update on this. I spoke with my contacts in Nissan product planning and confirmed that the RVC is NOT standard on any of the 2013 LEAF models. Quite probably what happened is that the OP of this rumor saw a RVC that was part of the AVM on a 2013 car and did not notice the other 3 cameras.

Agreed on this. I chatted with Kathleen today, who confirmed the website is correct in that NONE of the models come with any camera/monitor standard, and that the choice is to add the optional rear view camera for the S, or the premium upgrade for the SV/SL to add the all around monitor.
How easy? Even for the mechanically inept like myself? And would I dare try to do it (or have a "professional" do it) on a leased SV?

A dealer in my area has a Metallic Slate SV but it lacks the Premium Package and I REALLY want the backup camera (although the Around View Monitor and Bose Upgrade are not real important to me). Being able to lease a non-Premium SV and easily add a backup camera to it would be awesome!

EngravEER said:
jelloslug said:
How easy? Even for the mechanically inept like myself? And would I dare try to do it (or have a "professional" do it) on a leased SV?

A dealer in my area has a Metallic Slate SV but it lacks the Premium Package and I REALLY want the backup camera (although the Around View Monitor and Bose Upgrade are not real important to me). Being able to lease a non-Premium SV and easily add a backup camera to it would be awesome!
Like EngravEER, my eyebrows shot up at jelloslug's claim. But more to the point, it is now my impression that there is nothing available on any 2013 model which is comparable to what the 2011/2012 SL had. You either get the whole around-view nonsense, or you get a plain old-fashioned backup camera, or you get nothing.

By "plain old-fashioned" I mean a view to the rear in a small display which does not show your path of travel based on steering wheel position. Those curved path lines were what I loved in my 2011 SL. I am terribly disappointed that they are not present in my new S with the Charge Package. And if jelloslug was referring to an aftermarket system, that wouldn't have them either. The lack of those lines, plus the small dark display, means I have pretty much given up on using the backup view.

So if you want the curved guide lines you are going to have to see if they are available on the SV or SL Premium package. And resign yourself to losing the hatchback storage space. And to get a large display, figure out how to set the view to backup only. I guess if you really want the premium sound it might be acceptable, but for me it would be $1,050 just to get curved lines on the backup display.

Ray

Whatever the actual change is perhaps this is responsible for the 2013 dropping to 4 stars from 5 in the safety rating...

EricBayArea said:

EngravEER said:
If they make you a great deal I would take it, IMHO the cameras are gimmicky and you can easily survive without them. however if you are really set on them you may need to keep searching for the car that will tickle you right

Back