DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's the one for Nissan of McKinney. Green dot in the center of the picture is where the chargers are located. I really appreciate you being accurate with your pointers, it really helps!

NissanMcKinneyMapCorrection.jpg

I have some good news to share for those who are interested.

I saw that EVGO now has a plan for $19 per month that allows level-2 charging. This is somewhat tempting for me since they do have quite a few stations around the area now. We can't use the quick-charge on our Leaf or Volt, but the L2 would be useful on occasion. Unfortunately I still can't bring myself to bite on this deal because I only use public charging less than once per month and I just can't see spending $240 per year, which would work out to around $30 to $40 per charge for me.

adric22 said:
I have some good news to share for those who are interested.

I saw that EVGO now has a plan for $19 per month that allows level-2 charging. This is somewhat tempting for me since they do have quite a few stations around the area now. We can't use the quick-charge on our Leaf or Volt, but the L2 would be useful on occasion. Unfortunately I still can't bring myself to bite on this deal because I only use public charging less than once per month and I just can't see spending $240 per year, which would work out to around $30 to $40 per charge for me.

This is good to know -- depending on my battery loss next summer and my "charging-at-work" situation goes, I might need to be able to charge on the way home by the end of next summer. The Cracker Barrel on 360 or WalGreens on North Collins might work...

Also, for those with multiple plug-ins, be aware if you want a fob for both vehicles, its actually two plans. All the other ones you can have mutiple fobs/cards per one plan account (i.e. if you purchase the annual Blink plan, you can get as many cards as you want). My wife and I each have a card for each type except eVgo. We just share the fob, which usually stays in the leaf for the QC charging. I think we used it on the volt maybe once.

IMO eVgo should have something in place for multiple plug-in users, but thats probably farther down the road. Currently eVgo has 20 locations of chargers, so its starting to get better with coverage. Blink has 99 (I combine a few on blink they have separated out...), ChargePoint has 17, GE has 3, and TXU has 6.

Its time for the weekly map update:

As per vrwl's suggestions, I have moved those stations mentioned to their exact location in the parking lots of the associated places, thanks again for the corrections!

I modified several names for Blink stations (there were numerous). This was because they have so many, I check via spreadsheet and my own personal names for each location sometimes did not mesh with theirs, making the process longer than it should. I have sense copied exactly each name for my own sheet to prevent duplications, missing stations, or confusion for the public looking at both maps. Because of this, 3 stations have been split:

Embassy Suites in Frisco was split into the North and South parking lots
Love Field Terminal A was split into Level 1 and Level 3 parking
Watters Creek was split between two different locations (actually separate addresses!) in the outdoor mall

One new station was added:
Nissan of Burleson
Independent – One Level 2 (J1772)
300 North Burleson Boulevard
Burleson, TX 76028

Finally, the Cedar Hill Government Center has had its station number reduced from four to two. Since this is on my way home, I figured I would field verify it. It could be that two were permanetly turned off or that, since they are slightly different locations (different parking lots) they will eventually break it into two locations. As of right now, I changed to two just to be safe.

I was going to PM this to Pipcecil, but then I thought everyone else might want to see it so I'm posting it here. These are pictures from the Hollabaugh Rec Center Blink charging stations. There are 3 designated EV parking spots (painted and signage), with two Blink chargers, one at each of the red spots. Yesterday, they were un-ICEd and the chargers were working, and I can confirm they are free as Blink has indicated on their map:

HollabaughRecCenter.jpg

Here's the picture of the actual charge stations with the Rec Center in the background:

HollabaughRecCenter2.jpg

Updates for this week:

Minor Corrections: Correct a slew of addresses for eVgo stations, many were slightly off (eVgo's system and AV's system didn't always show the same address)

Removal of stations: Carrier Enterprise HQ has now listed their stations as private, so they have been removed

Adjustments: Adjusted the location of the Hollabaugh station and the Deep Ellum Foundation Center station

Pics: Two new pics added to the Hollabaugh and Deep Ellum Foundation Center stations.

New stations:

Walgreens – Little Elm
eVgo – One Level 3 (CHAdeMO), One Level 2 (J1772)
26731 US Highway 380
Little Elm, TX 75068

Comfort Suites – Las Colinas Center
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
1223 Greenway Drive
Irving, TX 75038

Also - on an interseting note, I am getting some minor repairs done on my car since someone hit it in the parking lot (just some bumper scratches). I was inclined to let it go, but my wife was insistent on getting it repaired (since it was the other guys fault anyways). I was actually able to find the Body Shop manual for EVs by Nissan (it was actually from this board's wiki!). It is specifically clarified in the document that the paint booth cannot exceed 140 degrees F. If the booth will, then the battery and all high voltage equipment is to be removed and then towed to the body shop. So this specifically answers the paint booth temp question. The repair will be done by Don Davis Nissan in Arlington (since its next to work). Trophy Nissan is just too far for me. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Here is the link to the manual:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/images/3/3e/BODY_SHOP_ADMINISTRATION_MANUAL_FOR_CERTIFIED_EV_DEALER_2011-Nissan-LEAF-Body_and_Paint.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pipcecil, thanks so much for the link to that manual. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to find what I'm looking for in the Wiki, either the info isn't where "I" would think it should be located (everyone's idea of data organization is different), or I'm just blind after searching awhile and pass up the links completely. Either way, thanks for the direct link, I'm going to save that PDF file directly to my computer so I have it here if I ever need it again.

And speaking of not able to find something I KNOW I saw earlier.... Does anyone know or remember where I can find the diagram that shows the percentage of charge allocated to each of the 12 SOC bars? I recently read somewhere here in the forums that the 5th SOC bar is actually the 50% bar (not the 6th bar), so I was hoping to find that reference for the logging I'm doing for my car via the EV Logger app on the iPhone.

New updates to the map!

Two new additions and seven deletions:

Removal
Hebron 121 Station (eVgo) – this is marked as private use
All the Oncor Stations with ChargePoint – these should be private, but software glitch showed as public for awhile and include: Oncor HQ, Oncor Fort Worth, Oncor Irving, Oncor Mountain Creek, Oncor Story Road, and Oncor Sylvania.

New Stations
Walgreens – Garland Road
eVgo – One Level 3 (CHAdeMO), One Level 2 (J1772)
9937 Garland Road
Dallas, TX 75218

YMCA- McKinney #62
Blink – Three Level 2 (J1772)
300 Ridge Road
McKinney, TX 75070

Is "ZroGas" on MNL? I saw you parked at Remote South Parking on Tuesday. I had to slog past you over to 12A to pick up my leaf. I was pleasantly surprised to see another Leaf at DFW (and pleasantly suprised that sitting out of the 30 degree temps hadn't affected my charge -- I was a little worried about that)

Here is the weekly update:

4 (3) new stations, two marker correctionsm, one clarification, and one new picture:

Picture:
New picture added to UTD Activites and Rec Center - Lot J

Marker Corrections:
Moved the Cinemark Frisco Square and UTD Activites and Rec Center to the correct locations

Clarification:
The cedar hill government center changed the offical name to cedar hill government center public parking. The discrepancy between 4 vs 2 EVSEs at this location has been resolved - while there are four, two are only technically available to the public. BUT, the two are just in the back of the parking lots and are not in any way restricted in access. Although Cedar Hill has 2 or more Leafs, so those chargers more than likely will be occupied with their own. I am curious if a regular blink card can access them and if there is still the standard blink charge or if those chargers were changed to free (either cedar hill blink cards register as free or all cards do). For now, the marker will list only 2 chargers available for public use.

New Stations:
2121 Flora St. – Public Parking
2121 Flora Street
Dallas, TX 75201

Grapevine Recreational Area
Daltons Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051

Carrier Enterprise HQ*
Blink – One Level 2 (J1772)
2000 Luna Road
Carrollton, TX 75006

Wingate by Wyndham – Richardson/Dallas
1577 Gateway Boulevard
Richardson, TX 75080

*This station was previously removed as being restricted (private use only). It was determined that only 3 out of the 4 EVSEs were restricted, so this location was added back with one available charger.

On a different note, I added a signature with a link to the map plus a rolling count of all the stations.

Can someone please tell me how do I access the two chargers in terminal D at DFW ? It says 'Valet Parking'. When I am out for a week, i don't want my Leaf plugged in throughout, but maybe just charge for about 30 minutes after i come back. Is that possible ?

mkjayakumar said:
Can someone please tell me how do I access the two chargers in terminal D at DFW ? It says 'Valet Parking'. When I am out for a week, i don't want my Leaf plugged in throughout, but maybe just charge for about 30 minutes after i come back. Is that possible ?

They are only accessible via valet: $25/day. You tell them when you're returning (or when you want your car charged), and they do it. I've seen them (not a brand I've ever heard of) and know they work; I just don't like the idea of someone else charging my car.

Stanton is right, they are through the valet service at DFW airport. ANY valet at ANY of the terminals will take your car to charge. They stations are developed by PEP (http://www.pepstations.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). They don't require any access card, and, even when I inquired to PEP they don't publish any of their station locations.

You can ask them to charge your car at a specific time, but, personaly I would trust them only as much as you would trust a valet person. I have never used the Valet service at DFE and don't know how reliable they are.

Well... I pulled the trigger on TXU free nights today. We've had Green Mountain forever but... I felt like I was leaving too much dough on the table. Tried to get GrnMtn to match the deal, they couldn't. So I pulled out the manual and, after 21 months, I'm finally trying the delayed charging. We'll see how it goes.

Back