Delivery date coming this week for August orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is January for me. Dashboard has been updated. Got a call from my Dealer a couple hours ago congratulating me for being their 1st confirmed delivery of a Leaf for their dealership!

I am an August order date that is showing January 2011 as well on my dashboard... oh well...

The configuration pop-up has also been updated to show accessories (floor mats, etc) as well.

Reservation on 4/20. Charger installed. Still show "Pending" on mine, so maybe January is good, and mine will be Feb or March (or December, I doubt it)! Can't blame Nissan, and it's not their fault the dollar is sinking. A little disappointed, but I waited way longer for my 2000 Prius (still driving), and so I can wait, knowing I have the best car (except for the new one's) on the road until the LEAF finally hits. (and I don't mean for people on TV). :)

mwalsh said:
jludwi2 said:
Reservation on 4/20.

Reservation on 4/20. But how about your order - 8/31-9/1-later?

MWalsh,

From my email, it looks like: 9/2/2010 1:53 AM

But anyway, I thought it was based on Reservations, but then again this hasn't been all that clear to me.
Thanks.

It's been reported (not sure it' true) that....
People (in Japan) are lining up to pay ¥3.76 million or $45,500USD, rather than pay the premium to ship them across the pond to only make $32,780.

I assume this might have something to do with the delay and it is true that I would wait a month or two in exchange for $13,000.

I asked Nissan (the website) about my PENDING, even though my order was 9/2, and they state:

Delivery is based on when an order is complete. Order timing is based on when a reservation was placed and the market that you live in. We cannot speak on behalf of other reservation accounts. As you may already know, delivery is an estimated 3 to 4 months after completing your order. Once a more precise time frame for delivery is available, you will be notified. This information will also be posted to your online reservation account. We do expect this information to be updated soon.

Skywagon said:
The configuration pop-up has also been updated to show accessories (floor mats, etc) as well.

How do I find this configuration pop-up of which you speak?

I've ordered, but don't have a date yet. I can see a list of the options I've ordered, and I can change my color, but I don't see any config popup that will allow me to see any details on the options.

Maybe this is available only to people with a delivery date?

[EDIT] -- Oh, maybe you mean you see the same thing I do, just a list of the options, not a more detailed list, with descriptions and--gasp!--pictures. If so...yeah, I gots that. ;)

jludwi2 said:
Delivery is based on when an order is complete.

See, I'm still not sure I fully believe this. Yes, it's a big factor..but I still have a feeling that an eTec order is going to be prioritized over a regular order (even if with the fast charge port). My reasoning is that they need the data from eTec users to help the larger rollouts..so the sooner, the better. We'll see. I only had a marginal slip in 'you can order' to 'order confirmed' so the net slip for me can't be that big regardless...

Not happy at all- my LEAF delivery date moved from January 2011 to February 2011. :x
Check your LEAF site. On the phone with Nissan now...

John
Order date 09/01
Fontana Nissan

JPC2822 said:
Not happy at all- my LEAF delivery date moved from January 2011 to February 2011. :x

John
Order date 09/01
Fontana Nissan

I guess I should be rather content with my unchanged "Pending" delivery date..... ;)

Good luck with that phone call..... (seriously)

It appears that virtually everyone's delivery date has slipped a month. Only 50 "hand picked" orders will be delivered in December in all of the U.S..

Tom

JPC2822 said:

John
Order date 09/01
Fontana Nissan

sdbonez said:
jludwi2 said:
Delivery is based on when an order is complete.

See, I'm still not sure I fully believe this. Yes, it's a big factor..but I still have a feeling that an eTec order is going to be prioritized over a regular order (even if with the fast charge port). My reasoning is that they need the data from eTec users to help the larger rollouts..so the sooner, the better. We'll see. I only had a marginal slip in 'you can order' to 'order confirmed' so the net slip for me can't be that big regardless...

Your slip might seem marginal in terms of number of days that passed (3), but think about about how many orders were placed in those three days. Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but you should be realistic. I do however agree with you that eTec will probably get some priority.

Edit: I'm still showing January by the way.

Back