Delivery date coming this week for August orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

Anyone think we will hear this week on a delivery date for our vehicles for August orders? I looked at my dashboard and did not find an update this morning! However, one would think that December deliveries would hear something soon as they need to give Ecototality time to prioritize and schedule home installations for chargers. Lets say that there are 30 people that receive a car by roll-out state in December, thats 30 chargers that need to be installed within he next 6 weeks. How many can they install a day?

Timaz said:
Anyone think we will hear this week on a delivery date for our vehicles for August orders? I looked at my dashboard and did not find an update this morning! However, one would think that December deliveries would hear something soon as they need to give Ecototality time to prioritize and schedule home installations for chargers. Lets say that there are 30 people that receive a car by roll-out state in December, thats 30 chargers that need to be installed within he next 6 weeks. How many can they install a day?

My money say the next thing an August orderer with Ecotality will see/hear will be Ecotality calling to set up an EVSE installation date. I'm betting you hear from them before you see anything on your dashboard.

That's a completely uneducated guess.

It depends. If we're still on track for early December, then I'd say we've got a good shot at hearing within the next 10 days. However, if the schedule has slipped to later in the month of December (and I got the distinct impression that this might well be the case), then I don't think we'll hear actual dates until closer to the end of this month. Meanwhile, the "several times a day" check of my account continues. :D

There was a press release from Nissan today, indicating that the first 40 EVSEs are due to go into dealers this week. So that's at least a small step towards the dealers receiving cars!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nissan-dealers-install-first-charging-stations-for-all-electric-nissan-leaf-106451463.html

Jimmydreams said:
Timaz said:

My money say the next thing an August orderer with Ecotality will see/hear will be Ecotality calling to set up an EVSE installation date. I'm betting you hear from them before you see anything on your dashboard.

That's a completely uneducated guess.

You'd think Ecotality would be installing already for December orders. Our AV product (all paid for, so our CA rebate is assured) is being installed 10am tomorrow and I'm hoping for EARLY December so as not to miss out on funds for the car.

hill said:
Our AV product (all paid for, so our CA rebate is assured) is being installed 10am tomorrow and I'm hoping for EARLY December so as not to miss out on funds for the car.
Take some pics of the work if you can. Then we can all drool over them. :)

hill said:
Our AV product (all paid for, so our CA rebate is assured) is being installed 10am tomorrow and ...
I am unaware of a CA rebate on the EVSE ... ?? Do you mean a 50% Federal tax credit, subject to AMT ?

LEAFer said:
hill said:
Our AV product (all paid for, so our CA rebate is assured) is being installed 10am tomorrow and ...
I am unaware of a CA rebate on the EVSE ... ?? Do you mean a 50% Federal tax credit, subject to AMT ?

HE means the ca car rebate, it's not a clear post.

mwalsh said:
It depends. If we're still on track for early December, then I'd say we've got a good shot at hearing within the next 10 days. However, if the schedule has slipped to later in the month of December (and I got the distinct impression that this might well be the case), then I don't think we'll hear actual dates until closer to the end of this month. Meanwhile, the "several times a day" check of my account continues. :D

There was a press release from Nissan today, indicating that the first 40 EVSEs are due to go into dealers this week. So that's at least a small step towards the dealers receiving cars!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nissan-dealers-install-first-charging-stations-for-all-electric-nissan-leaf-106451463.html

Reading the article just gave me a thought - Do you suppose that Nissan chose AV as their EVSE provider and installer because that best met the needs of the Dealer installs?

Would help explain why the home installs have been so problematic.

charlie1300 said:
mwalsh said:

Reading the article just gave me a thought - Do you suppose that Nissan chose AV as their EVSE provider and installer because that best met the needs of the Dealer installs?

Several dealers I know of don't even want to deal with them but how many choices does Nissan have? The likely picked them because of their history. Using AV for a home EVSE install is like hiring Halliburton to install your sprinkler system in your back yard.
Would help explain why the home installs have been so problematic.

charlie1300 said:

I will say this....Nissan is leaving nothing to chance - my PD has an engineer from Nissan corporate embedded at his dealership for the duration.

EVDRIVER said:
LEAFer said:
hill said:

HE means the ca car rebate, it's not a clear post.

Yea, but the post isn't that unclear. Read IRS Form 111-5, Section 1123, or 26 U.S. Code 30C & 38B
Ok, I'll save you the time . . . the Feds will drop up to $2,000 or 1/2 the cost (which ever is less) of "Alternative Fuel Infrastructure" ... and fuel for an ev is the charger plug. IE; your EVSE. CA similarly has money available, but the pile is drying up fast. But yes, the Fed money is a tax credit (that part I did write up too quickly), so if you make no money you get no credit. Unused portions carry over to subsequent years, too. Alt min tax? One's cpa is not earning their money if they're not keeping their customers of that tax schedule.

i dont think the schedules are regimented enough to nail down a date. so i expect you will hear something from your dealer 10-14 days before delivery and again a few days beforehand

drees said:
hill said:
Our AV product (all paid for, so our CA rebate is assured) is being installed 10am tomorrow and I'm hoping for EARLY December so as not to miss out on funds for the car.
Take some pics of the work if you can. Then we can all drool over them. :)

Here it is . . . the FIRST AV install in So Cal ... leaf shirt ... PV inverters and all:

hillsEVSE.jpg

who IS that good lookin' guy?
:lol:

Nissan keeps saying that EVSE install will not affect orders ... or delivery dates ... but ya never know. Our Leaf dealer says they'll know when the cars have left port, and that the VIN's will be transmitted to them just prior to docking here. Has any one even heard if the ships have left Japan yet? Last I read, the answer was NO.

mwalsh said:
hill said:
Here it is . . . the FIRST AV install in So Cal ... leaf shirt ... PV inverters and all:

Wow, that is one thick cable. And that's only the 15'er, right?
Yep. Interesting to me was the "break away feature" in case some dummy tries to drive off still connected. Yea, that cable looks big enough to winch the car out of a ditch.
DaveinOlyWA said:
WTG GARY!!! has your dealer talked to you about your delivery date yet? are you a "10" or an "11" like me?
Numbers? I need a number?
:eek: oh noo . . . I don't know what my number is ... how do I find out? All our dealer said was we'd be one of the 1st, from what she knew ... what ever that is. She didn't volunteer anything, so I didn't pry.

hill said:

Hey hill, cool to see an EVSE in place "in the flesh". I'm still on the fence and working with SCE to see if I can put in a second meter, and AV is saying that they're still "in talks" with SCE, so I'm waiting. But seeing yours in place makes me more excited to get moving!

First PV installation I've seen with two inverters, too. How many panels are you running?

hill said:
What the hey do they need with the big loop in the flex conduit power feed?
Cord would lay better if the conduit stayed well above the holder and the cord was wrapped the other direction.

I don't mean to beat you up but I would be rather dissapointed.

Wow. Great to see them going in!! See you have two Sunnyboys as well. Must have a nice PV system!

hill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
WTG GARY!!! has your dealer talked to you about your delivery date yet? are you a "10" or an "11" like me?
Numbers? I need a number?
:eek: oh noo . . . I don't know what my number is ... how do I find out? All our dealer said was we'd be one of the 1st, from what she knew ... what ever that is. She didn't volunteer anything, so I didn't pry.

lol...by "10" that is acronym for "lucky dog who gets his in 2010"

as for me i am an "11" which means "wannabe stuck with waiting another month until jan 2011"

now i am hoping the car would not be drivable when plugged in; even my lowly Zenn is smart enough to do that. i am guessing the breakaway feature is just another fail safe to back the primary safety features. but then again, maybe that cable is set for possible future upgrades??

Back