Delivery date coming this week for August orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your feedback and responses! I spoke to Nissan- I called them. They said that they are "updating" the system and that the February delivery date I see "may" not be accurate. I am not getting my hopes up! I can see me getting my LEAF a month after those who ordered on 08/31 because of the limited numbers of LEAFs being released. I ordered 09/01

Thanks again all who responded....

John

@ tcimpidis,
Hi Tom,
Where did you get your info that only 50 "hand-picked" individuals will get their cars in Dec? Inquiring minds want to know.

Linda
(Ordered in early Sept, still no delivery date listed)

LindaK said:
@ tcimpidis,
Hi Tom,
Where did you get your info that only 50 "hand-picked" individuals will get their cars in Dec? Inquiring minds want to know.

Linda

Linda, I believe that is old information now. Nissan has said there will be TWO shipments in Dec., one early and one late. The first one may have 50, but the second one will have many more according to Nissan (can't remember the Nissan's lady's name who said that...maybe Kathleen).

palmermd said:
http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/11/18/breaking-nissan-to-deliver-at-least-50-leafs-this-december/
I suppose if one were hystrionic, the most optomistic crystal ball reading one could take away from that article is that the December folks do not yet know they're december folks ... because all Nissan has done so far, is to let down some of the December hopefullls by pushing them back into January.

As noted earlier, this is now apparently obsolete information though I doubt anyone other than Mark Perry really knows for sure <G>! We'll just have to wait for Christmas and see what Santa Nissan actually brings...

Tom

LindaK said:
@ tcimpidis,
Hi Tom,

Linda

WWBD said:
sdbonez said:
jludwi2 said:
Delivery is based on when an order is complete.

See, I'm still not sure I fully believe this. Yes, it's a big factor..but I still have a feeling that an eTec order is going to be prioritized over a regular order (even if with the fast charge port). My reasoning is that they need the data from eTec users to help the larger rollouts..so the sooner, the better. We'll see. I only had a marginal slip in 'you can order' to 'order confirmed' so the net slip for me can't be that big regardless...

Your slip might seem marginal in terms of number of days that passed (3), but think about about how many orders were placed in those three days. Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but you should be realistic. I do however agree with you that eTec will probably get some priority.

Edit: I'm still showing January by the way.

Thought the same but I'm still optimistic because i'm right up against Jimmydreams with my eTec SDR # and he ordered on 8/31... so who knows?

Pretty sure I have one of the earliest registrations, too...

My guess is the first shipment is rather small (wouldn't be surprised if it's the 50 number that was thrown around). The second shipment will be larger, and will come very close to the end of the month (just like august orders happened on 8/31), meaning with the new year and all, no one is getting any deliveries from that shipment until Jan, meaning that the dashboards are right. Just my humble speculation..

garygid said:
Perhaps the 50 "hand-picked" are those
that paid the VI... (oops, I can't mention it) fee?

(No, the VI...fee never existed, move along ...) :D :lol: (giggle)

Bad, Gary....BAD! Time out corner, NOW!!! :twisted:

Timaz said:
Anyone think we will hear this week on a delivery date for our vehicles for August orders?

We went to the Drive Event in San Francisco today and spoke with a Nissan rep about delivery dates. He said if the order date was in July/August a delivery date should be in December/January. He was asking folks their order date and appeared to be putting about 6 months onto that date to get the delivery date. Our Order date was October 1st so he gave us an estimated delivery date of April.

SKPnSF said:
Timaz said:
Anyone think we will hear this week on a delivery date for our vehicles for August orders?

We went to the Drive Event in San Francisco today and spoke with a Nissan rep about delivery dates. He said if the order date was in July/August a delivery date should be in December/January. He was asking folks their order date and appeared to be putting about 6 months onto that date to get the delivery date. Our Order date was October 1st so he gave us an estimated delivery date of April.

Orders started at the very end of August not in July.

Back