Can I buy an extra level 1 charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adaminla

I can't seem to find the answer with a couple of searches so posting a new topic.

I'd like to buy a spare Level 1 charger to leave at my office in a ready to use state. Is there an option yet to buy one?

adaminla said:
I can't seem to find the answer with a couple of searches so posting a new topic.

I'd like to buy a spare Level 1 charger to leave at my office in a ready to use state. Is there an option yet to buy one?

It's on here someplace....rumored to be $550. No further details available AFAIK.

I've seen that PluginAmerica link a few times with the link to the dealer website, but the part number for the EVSE as listed doesn't work for me. I've searched around a bit and haven't been able to find any site (Dealer or otherwise) that actually sells the L1 EVSE....

As mentioned on the PlugAmerica site, this is available @ EverythingNissan.com (Infinity of Scottsdale) using P/N 296M13NA0A

Part Number: 296M13NA0A List Price Core Price Your Price
PACKAGE-EVSE $625.71 $0.00 $508.39

Whether you can actually buy it is a different story :)

go to:
https://www.everythingnissan.com/nissan-oem-parts-search.html

on line 1 enter 296M13NA0A and then select 'Nissan' in the drop down box next to it.
Then select 'Get Parts'.

It shows up as Part NO: 296M13NA0A PACAKGE-EVSE $508.39 with a $52.11 delviery charge when you add it to your cart.

I have not ordered one so I do not know if they have them in stock.

I just ordered one for $508 with shipping from https://www.everythingnissan.com/nissan-oem-parts-search.html

They will ship it out after 1-4 days when they get it.

My dealer quoted me over $700 so this was the best price I could find so far.

Since I charge from 110 all the time I wanted to have an extra one I can leave in the car and for backup in case the one I use everyday malfunctions.

This is what they sent me.

Items Total: $508.39
Shipping: $52.11
Handling Fee: $2.95
Order Total: $563.45

Hello and thank you for your order. The parts are on order and will arrive in 3-4 business days. Once they arrive in we will ship out your order.

We have extra units in stock (usually), and can sell an already upgraded unit for $699 if anyone is interested.

page0-pic.jpeg

-Phil

I got my additional charge EVSE yesterday. It comes with everything including the case and the plastic sheeted instructions.

mwalsh said:
cardw said:
I got my additional charge EVSE yesterday. It comes with everything including the case and the plastic sheeted instructions.

Man, if the case only had shoulder straps....we could use it as a cool little backpack. :(

And if the Leaf did wireless charging, you could hike in to a remote outlet with your little backpack-EVSE and plug-in, all the while getting some much-needed exercise! =)

I am considering buying a "spare" 120 v EVSE.

Any recommendations, portable and soon available, that provide 16 Amps?

This should be adequate for home charging, and give me more parking flexibility.

I admit I have some "EVSE anxiety" about traveling with (and leaving unattended for many hours at a time) a modified LI, and not having a spare, as I live a long way from any public EVSE's.

$700 for a power supply from a dealer! When you could buy AV Dock for same price... Anyone knows if Volt's L1 cheaper and will work with Leaf?

smkettner said:
Ingineer said:
We have extra units in stock (usually), and can sell an already upgraded unit for $699 if anyone is interested.
If spending money I would get this one :)

If you're replying to me, I intend to get one, and use it for RV park (and other) charging, when I travel.

But I have several alternative parking places with 20 Amp 120 outlets that I do not need or want to convert to 240, and 16 A 120 is also probably "fast enough" for my home use.

So, if priced the same (or less) a 120 16 amp might work better for me.

Poor design for the stock L1 not to be 13/16 amp switchable, it seems to me. What would that have increased manufacturing costs, maybe $10 or $20?

Am I correct to assume Ingineer would include 13/16 amp in his retrofit, of the stock EVSE, if practicable?

A 120/240 13/16 amp portable EVSE is the "holy grail' of AC charging, IMO.

Back