B0133 NO BATT CAPACITY WARRANTY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonDawg said:
mwalsh said:
RonDawg said:
As best as I can remember, the letter that everybody is talking about (that also talks about the software enhancement), and the "Notice of Proposed Settlement" came to me in one envelope. I found them together in my rather unorganized pile of stuff, so that's why I don't think I got them in two separate mailings.

mwalsh...don't get pissed off at me. I'm just telling you what I got in the mail, and presume everybody else did too. I'm not the one who advised you (or anybody else) to opt-out.

So can I suggest then, since you are completely misremembering everything that transpired, that you have nothing further of substance to add to this conversation. Because, frankly, I also find your borderline smugness over YOUR decision to be offensive too. Oh, and by the way, bully for you!

And how do YOU know that I got the mailings separately (like you say you did)? Are you the one that mailed them from Nissan NA? Are you the USPS worker who mailed them to my house?

Don't blame me for making a decision that you are now regretting. Speaking of which, I found the Opt-out thread in which you said you were going to consult with an attorney and requested that others hold off until you got an answer from him or her. Perhaps this is the person to whom you should be directing your anger.

Going through that thread, it appears that people had doubts even then (September 2013) as to whether or not you would retain the warranty if you opted-out.

Since you have located the thread, why don't you take a few minutes to read Alex Kozinski's objection, which sets out all the relevant facts and timelines in clear and simple English. If you do that, you won't continue to say that the warranty modification mailed by Nissan in June 2013, came in the same envelope as the notice of settlement mailed by the plaintiffs' attorneys in August 2013, pursuant to the order of the judge. The only reason Nissan is now trying to pretend that the warranty modification is somehow tied to the settlement is that they got caught red-handed. If they were related, Nissan wouldn't be honoring the warranty now, because there is no approved settlement. If they admit that they are unrelated, it becomes even clearer that the plaintiffs' attorneys sold out the class for their own financial benefit.

OK, I hadn't really cared about who said what when, but with this gaining bandwidth I looked at my own files... I have both the capacity warranty modification and the law suit documentation in my file and the envelopes that they came in. They came at different times and in different envelopes, with the warranty modification first by about two months. So, this would seem to shoot a very large hole in Nissan precluding the capacity warranty modification if you opted out of the lawsuit...

oakwcj said:
Since you have located the thread, why don't you take a few minutes to read Alex Kozinski's objection, which sets out all the relevant facts and timelines in clear and simple English. If you do that, you won't continue to say that the warranty modification mailed by Nissan in June 2013, came in the same envelope as the notice of settlement mailed by the plaintiffs' attorneys in August 2013, pursuant to the order of the judge. The only reason Nissan is now trying to pretend that the warranty modification is somehow tied to the settlement is that they got caught red-handed. If they were related, Nissan wouldn't be honoring the warranty now, because there is no approved settlement. If they admit that they are unrelated, it becomes even clearer that the plaintiffs' attorneys sold out the class for their own financial benefit.

What rate of degradation? I have only seen the issues that Tony W mentioned around power train that Toyota had to replace a a component or two multiple times, but nothing that I can recall around battery degradation.

Link please ?

mkjayakumar said:
What rate of degradation? I have only seen the issues that Tony W mentioned around power train that Toyota had to replace a a component or two multiple times, but nothing that I can recall around battery degradation.

Link please ?
You didn't see it near the end of the 687 page battery capacity loss thread :?: ;)
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8802&start=6850#p371381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valdemar said:
smkettner said:
I am liking my RAV4-EV more every day. ;)
That's odd, considering it has no capacity warranty of any kind and the rate of degradation reported by Tony W.

Don't confuse a good warranty with a good product.
Tony admittedly drives his RAV a bit hard. Plenty of other reports of superior battery life.
Time will tell. In three years when my lease is up will be the real comparison test.
My LEAF was coming up short on range and short on getting the battery replaced.... what good is that?

smkettner said:
Don't confuse a good warranty with a good product.
Tony admittedly drives his RAV a bit hard. Plenty of other reports of superior battery life.
Time will tell. In three years when my lease is up will be the real comparison test.
My LEAF was coming up short on range and short on getting the battery replaced.... what good is that?
And the RAV4 is only available in California in very limited numbers. So, for the other 90% of the country, what good is that?

What surprises me somewhat is that many ppl dumped their Leafs for a RAV while they could go through a couple 2-year Leaf leases for less money. I doubt most needed a bigger car which I would understand. Yes, more range sure but QC works too. May turn out to be an expensive experiment if the battery isn't as robust as thought, just my 2c.

Here is another data point:

I had my 3rd annual battery check and also brake fluid replacement on Friday 6/13. There is nothing on the dealer paperwork that indicates any issues with battery warranty coverage. I opted out of the class action settlement in late October after receiving a new battery in early October. I have mail receipts showing that both Nissan and the plaintiff attorneys received the opt-out requests on time.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:

I had my 3rd annual battery check and also brake fluid replacement on Friday 6/13. There is nothing on the dealer paperwork that indicates any issues with battery warranty coverage. I opted out of the class action settlement in late October after receiving a new battery in early October. I have mail receipts showing that both Nissan and the plaintiff attorneys received the opt-out requests on time.

Gerry

Gerry, did you specifically ask for the Service Comm warranty exclusion report?

QueenBee said:
GerryAZ said:

Gerry

No, I did not specifically ask for the report--I expected it would show up on the work order printout.

GerryAZ said:
QueenBee said:
GerryAZ said:

Gerry

No, I did not specifically ask for the report--I expected it would show up on the work order printout.

Nope it was a separate print out unrelated to the work order.

JeremyW said:
So I'm getting my battery check done at Glendale Nissan and they let me know that this has been added to my service record: B0133 NO EV BATT CAPACITY WARRANTY. They didn't add it, they think it was added by corporate. I think it's because I opted out of the settlement. I encourage others who opted out to verify through your local dealer that this has also been added to your car.
The maintenance manager at my service dealer printed out the Service - Comm report for me today.
Shows the same B0133 NO EV BATT CAPACITY WARRANTY.
All three of my annual battery tests were done within two or three days of my in service date. I did Opt Out.
Ticket for the third battery test says nothing.
You have to request the Service - Comm report.
I'll refrain from further commentary about Nissan while this angry :( :( :( :( :(

smkettner said:
I find it odd there was no disclosure of the op-out penalty.

In the letter that came prior to the settlement? Yeah, my opinion is there really should have been. That was a bonehead move. But considering that there ISN'T a settlement yet (on account of the objections raised), then there really shouldn't be a warranty yet, right? So my question to Nissan would be...so is there a warranty or isn't there? And if there isn't, why are they already giving away battery packs as if there was?

BTW, contrary to what I was told last week, I have now confirmed that the B0133 notation against our cars IS a result of opting out. So if you don't have a notation, your opt-out was either lost in the mail; didn't reach it's destination in time; or was insufficient for it's purpose.

What I intend to do with my car, when and if the time comes, is roll up on my usual dealership insisting that Nissan honor the terms set out in the letter I received as of June 2013, a full month before it became apparent to us that this letter was the result of the class action suit. In neither the letter from June or the posts that Mssrs. Brockman and Palmer made in June of 2013 and (as early as) December of 2012 respectively is there any indication that the warranty offer is tied in any way to pending litigation:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=253595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should they choose to not honor the warranty, then I'll decide what to do further. We now have a newly minted lawyer in the family, who is eager to bring new class action buisness to the firm she just joined, so I won't have any trouble finding interested representation this time round.

mwalsh said:
Should they choose to not honor the warranty, then I'll decide what to do further. We now have a newly minted lawyer in the family, who is eager to being new bring new class action buisness to the firm she just joined, so I won't have any trouble finding interested representation this time round.

If the settlement is approved, there won't be any class, because the right to litigate over battery capacity issues will have been extinguished for everyone except the small number of us who opted out, all of whom are readily identifiable. You'll essentially be on your own and probably won't be an attractive client for a firm to represent on a contingency basis. The warranty has been in effect for a year now in the absence of an approved settlement, so I assume that Nissan will ultimately honor the warranty for the opt-outers if the settlement is approved.

I feel safe in saying that there is a significant number of people - both in and out of the class - that Nissan will never sell another vehicle to as this ludicrous move on their part becomes more and more widely known and disseminated...

TimLee said:
I'll refrain from further commentary about Nissan while this angry :( :( :( :( :(

Back