B0133 NO BATT CAPACITY WARRANTY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
I feel safe in saying that there is a significant number of people - both in and out of the class - that Nissan will never sell another vehicle to as this ludicrous move on their part becomes more and more widely known and disseminated...

TimLee said:
I'll refrain from further commentary about Nissan while this angry :( :( :( :( :(

I'm torn on one hand it's nice living in the PNW that I will not need to use the capacity warranty but I really would like to try to see how Nissan treats me. I guess I'll just follow you here when the first person excluded needs to use it.

Now I'm really motivated to torture my battery to make sure it hits being a 4BL loser before my lease is up, just to see what happens! :lol:

QueenBee said:
I'm torn on one hand it's nice living in the PNW that I will not need to use the capacity warranty but I really would like to try to see how Nissan treats me. I guess I'll just follow you here when the first person excluded needs to use it.

TomT said:
I feel safe in saying that there is a significant number of people - both in and out of the class - that Nissan will never sell another vehicle to as this ludicrous move on their part becomes more and more widely known and disseminated...

TimLee said:
I'll refrain from further commentary about Nissan while this angry :( :( :( :( :(

Without knowing if they will or will not honor the warranty even if you opted out it seems kind of premature. This could all be a non issue. :?

It now seems a given that it is not and they will not. It seems to be almost as if Nissan did it for spite.

It is also a given that I will never buy or recommend another Nissan product!

MikeinDenver said:
TomT said:
TimLee said:
Without knowing if they will or will not honor the warranty even if you opted out it seems kind of premature. This could all be a non issue. :?

MikeinDenver said:
TomT said:

TimLee said:

Possible that Nissan could change their behaviour and performance and make this become a non issue.
But this horrendous B0133 behaviour doesn't make that seem very likely :cry:

I wouldn't be surprised if they have had so many battery replacements under warranty (far more than they expected), that they want to stem the tide a bit.

I can just imagine a meeting where the Nissan bean counters are discussing the high cost of the battery replacements. Suggestions for a fix? I know, let's kick out those who opted out of the class-action suit. That will save a few bucks. A long as we keep on setting monthly sales records, we don't care about the early adopters anyway.

Checked with my dealer this morning. My Leaf has the B0133 note. I opted out of settlement. If I'm reading the paperwork correctly, this is a 'VIN exclusion', which probably means this black mark follows the car, not the owner. So any future owner of this car would also be excluded.

-Karl

I opted out too (frankly I don't even remember the rationale now, looks like I jumped off a cliff just because everyone else was) but Nissan sent me the letter extending the warranty anyway including the peel and stick label. No mention of me not getting this benefit by opting out of a class settlement.

Curious, that letter says to contact the LEAF call center with any questions, has anyone done that?

edit: I see from a previous post that keydiver contacted customer service, but apparently is still waiting to hear back.

TimLee said:

Possible that Nissan could change their behaviour and performance and make this become a non issue.
But this horrendous B0133 behaviour doesn't make that seem very likely :cry:[/quote]

I definitely get that it feels like a slap to the face. I would be hootin and hollerin loudly if I was one of the affected. The whole issue seems to be in a gray area due to the timing of the letters and the proposed settlement etc. But it could be some issue thought of by one guy in his silo and isn't known outside that unit. I am definitely curious to see how a battery is handled by someone with that flag that gets below the warranty threshold. That will determine if I will even look at another Nissan after this lease is up.

Weatherman said:
Maybe there's a difference if you are a lessee vs. an owner?

Owners get dinged while lessees can just give the car back.

That would actually make sense given what kolmstead said... if they brand the scarlett letter on lease cars, then the guy who bought the certified preowned line of baloney can't get it fixed... although presumably a call to Nissan would straighten it out.

MikeinDenver said:

Indeed. It's been suggested to me that it could be Nissan's legal department insisting they ding our cars with the B0133 notation, and not Nissan as a customer service oriented entity. Of course, my response to that was, "Well why doesn't Nissan grow a backbone and tell it's lawyers where to get off?"

Seems a bit premature, as there has been no settlement yet. What if the settlement is nullified... will Nissan still ding owners who opted out? Will they ask for payment for the batteries that have been replaced under warranty? The timing just doesn't make sense. Nissan steps in it... again.

It also assumes someone opted out because they didn't like the settlement and are considering pursuing their own action. Maybe I'm thrilled with my Leaf and with Nissan for everything they're doing to save the planet and I don't want to lend my support to a bunch of lawyers and their frivolous suit against them.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I opted out too (frankly I don't even remember the rationale now, looks like I jumped off a cliff just because everyone else was) but Nissan sent me the letter extending the warranty anyway including the peel and stick label. No mention of me not getting this benefit by opting out of a class settlement.

Curious, that letter says to contact the LEAF call center with any questions, has anyone done that?

edit: I see from a previous post that keydiver contacted customer service, but apparently is still waiting to hear back.

I contacted them and was told that it was because of not getting my EV battery check in time. Obviously this was not the reason and EV service rep 457289/Jason Botner has not returned two of my calls.

Just tried EV customer service chat which has figured things out now:

"Alexander: There are two instances in which your warranty would be void.
Alexander: 1. You didn't have your battery usage reports done within a sufficient amount of time from when they were due and 2. If you opted out from the class action lawsuit of the warranty.
You: Could you explain why the warranty was retroactively taken back by opting out of the class action lawsuit?
Alexander: You opting out of the class action lawsuit is why you have had the warranty taken back. You opted out of accepting the warranty that was being provided.
Alexander: If you exclude yourself from the settlement, you will not be entitled to receive the settlement benefits. However, you will not be bound by any judgment or settlement of this class action lawsuit and will keep your right to sue Defendant independently, if you want.
Alexander: That is directly from the Class Action Lawsuits' website.
Alexander: Opting out denied you the settlement benefits
You: Can you provide where in the capacity warranty it is stated that this warranty is contingent on accepting the class action lawsuit?
Alexander: No I cannot. However, you opted out. That alone denied you getting the Battery Capacity Warranty.
Alexander: That warranty was more or less created due to this class action lawsuit. Therefore, you opting out denied you the benefit of the warranty.
Alexander: You opted out of the warranty. That is what you did when you opted out of the class action lawsuit.
Alexander: You still opted out. So whether or not the warranty was in place before then, opting out was saying you did not want the warranty."

QueenBee said:
Alexander: 1. You didn't have your battery usage reports done within a sufficient amount of time from when they were due and 2. If you opted out from the class action lawsuit of the warranty."
It is hard to see how they could legitimately deny warranty coverage because you didn't get the battery check done. There is no evidence that the check does anything other than give Nissan data to see how the batteries of the Leaf fleet perform. Of course, that doesn't mean they wouldn't do it.

Back