Adding ELECTRIC to your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put an "ELECTRIC" badge on the sides of the car above the Zero Emission badge and have notice quite a few people staring at when they pull up next to me in the month I have owned the car.

electricfuture said:
I put an "ELECTRIC" badge on the sides of the car above the Zero Emission badge and have notice quite a few people staring at when they pull up next to me in the month I have owned the car.

I thought about this, as well. Do you have any pictures that you can share? You'll need to post them to a site such as Imageshack and then embed the URL for the pictures here on your post between the "[Img ][/Img ] delimiters.

Well here are the pics.

sany0008os.jpg

sany0011ty.jpg

Just met up with Michael Wittman this weekend and picked up one of his emblems. Very nice guy, had a great chat with him about EVs and Bio Fuels.
Decided to install the emblem in the center of the hatchback as pictured here:
scaled.php

They look exactly alike and, in fact, probably come from Michael...

asinclair said:
Plug In America is selling the ELECTRIC letters for $25. They are out of stock right now, but I am sure they will get more soon. They look an awful lot like Michael Wittman's letters...

I got the 100% Electric but decided that 100% looked kinda lame so I just stuck with the the "ELECTRIC"

Steps taken was taking off the zero emission badge as per Randy's instruction I use dental floss it kept snapping but after four tries the badge was gone.
Then use Goo Off on the residue and the wife's thumb nail Just place a spot of the goo off on a cloth and hold it to the residue for a couple of minutes I wanted to expose as little of the paint as possible to the Goo Off considering the crap paint job.

Then using the blue tape to get the word lined up she carefully measured the exact place the L starts on the word LEAF and the ending letter C in ELECTRIC 2 1/16"
Lightly lay the letter on the trunk, ours were already made up but we still had to tweak the L as it was not correctly centered. Do not press on the letters yet as you may need to adjust the position (we needed to try four times before she was happy with the exact placement).

Many thanks to the wife for her patience placing re-placing the letters before it was perfect.

Attachments

• Electric Badge.JPG
    Electric Badge.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 90
electricfuture said:

I've got the 100% Electric on the rear, and I'm SURE that folks see it when I pull away from them at stoplights. That's a good idea to put the badges on the sides too. I really don't like the zero emission badge, so I think I'll put 100% electric there and remove it.

Thanks!

This thread finally reminded me last week to order the letters, and they just came today from Blue Sky. The new letters stuck to the car before I had them exactly where I wanted them, but close enough I guess. The dental floss was very tedious, but I found that once I got the first inch or so loose the rest of the "Zero Emissions" plate pulled off pretty easily by hand.
electric.jpg

Got the letters from Michael this afternoon and are now on the car. I put them on the center like others on this thread (easy to do with tape). Many thanks for the photos, hints, etc... :D

Has anyone put the ELECTRIC lettering together with POWERED (see image). I am wondering if the fonts of these two together.
316580_243081642419315_209150052479141_674229_1560716757_n.jpg

I removed the Zero Emission badge on the back of the car to give the lettering a balanced look. All the auto parts stores in Miami (Advanced Auto, AutoZone and PepBoys) stock the same 3D chrome letters but they do not match the rear "LEAF" letters. The ones I used for the rear came from Chinese via Ebay. The seller is "creative_bargain" and the total was $12.17 including shipping. Positioning and applying the letters was quick and easy. They are a bit larger and thicker than I wanted so am still on the lookout for a better match.

401723_10150472359866898_691786897_9359639_566235804_n.jpg

On the front I went ahead with the letters available at AutoZone (99 cents each plus tax). They look impressive on the front bumper.

432350_10150496028221898_691786897_9439657_244527998_n.jpg

Although mark13 did an awesome job using Carbon Fiber

417705_10150496073586898_691786897_9439709_470402030_n.jpg

I will add "Electric" on the sides as well. I am thinking of adding the letters on top of the existing Zero Emission letters. I might cut them myself out of plastic since I can not find 3D chrome letter small enough to match.

Boomer23 said:
LEAFfan said:
Those look great! If I weren't leasing, I would add some.

I'm leasing and I didn't let it stop me. You're not damaging the car, so Nissan won't care.

I just received my ELECTRIC letters and am also leasing - are you SURE I can remove the ZERO EMISSIONS decal without violating the terms of my lease? And do I need to put it back on and remove the ELECTRIC at the end of my lease?
Thanks I'm a newbie!

spike09 said:
Although mark13 did an awesome job using Carbon Fiber

Mark13, would you mind telling us more about your CF work? I'm not sure I want to go the full route like you did, but I definitely want to get rid of the chrome strip. It looks like the LEAF is grinning and it has braces. :D

Too bad that I have to have a front license plate... It looks so much better without one.

John O

ewittert said:
Boomer23 said:
LEAFfan said:
Those look great! If I weren't leasing, I would add some.

I'm leasing and I didn't let it stop me. You're not damaging the car, so Nissan won't care.

I just received my ELECTRIC letters and am also leasing - are you SURE I can remove the ZERO EMISSIONS decal without violating the terms of my lease? And do I need to put it back on and remove the ELECTRIC at the end of my lease?
Thanks I'm a newbie!

Well, I'm pretty darn sure, but I didn't ask a dealer. My installation included moving the Zero Emissions badge down a bit and putting the ELECTRIC letters above it, so the Zero Emissions badge is still on the car. Frankly, I think that if you remove any of the badging and keep it, you could easily replace it at the end of the lease if Nissan gets particular. It wouldn't be difficult to do it yourself with some double sided adhesive. Nissan can't penalize you for removing the badging, they can only tell you that they want to charge you to return the car back to the way it was when you took delivery of it. So you can put the badges back on and put it back to new condition, if that's what they require.

Thanks Boomer! I think I'm going to remove the Zero Emissions decal according to the instructions on this blog and put ELECTRIC in its place. I'll post photos.

Elaine

Back