Adding ELECTRIC to your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spike09 said:
Agreed. I put the "100% Electric" decal on the doors just 3 days ago and it has received more attention that I ever got in the entire 3 months I have had the car! I would get an occasional glance from a pedestrian who noticed the "Electric" on my front bumper but this put the visibility into a much higher category.

Exactly. A 100% Electric Car means something to people on both sides of the political spectrum.

For the energy conservative, It means Energy independence. No gas is needed to drive and as a result, we are not giving money to the OPEC Cartel, Iran, terrorist regimes etc...

For the environmental conservative it means the car can run off of the sunshine and that we are not extracting oil from our precious nature preserves and ruining natural areas with oil spills. It also means that while driving, we are not polluting our communal natural air resource that we all need to breath.

Electric ; My application

electric.jpg

Sorry the car is so dirty.
Lots of driving!

Where are you folks finding these chrome letters now. I looked on eBay and found a few fendors but none look similar to the LEAF letters on the back or the "ELECTRIC" letters in the pics. I've found a couple of vendors using a Google search but I am not sure which "style" is appropriate. Any thoughts?

Search on eBay for theblueskyenterprise seller...

Here's an auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-Easy-apply-Car-Emblem-/220899169502?hash=item336e9dd4de&item=220899169502&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimcmorr said:
Where are you folks finding these chrome letters now. I looked on eBay and found a few fendors but none look similar to the LEAF letters on the back or the "ELECTRIC" letters in the pics. I've found a couple of vendors using a Google search but I am not sure which "style" is appropriate. Any thoughts?

We found our at Pep Boys. All separate on a rack so you can misspell anything you want. :) :)

Randy said:
Search on eBay for theblueskyenterprise seller...

Here's an auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-Easy-apply-Car-Emblem-/220899169502?hash=item336e9dd4de&item=220899169502&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

etracing said:
jimcmorr said:
Where are you folks finding these chrome letters now. ... snip... Any thoughts?

We found our at Pep Boys. All separate on a rack so you misspell anything you want. :) :)

Thanks a lot folks. I found the auction and I will check the local auto parts store.

{Where are you folks finding these chrome letters now.}

The PlugIn America group has the spaced, slanted letters for $25 plus $3 shipping. That's a couple bucks cheaper than BlueSky.

https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2711/shop/shop.jsp?storefront_KEY=553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charlton

jimcmorr said:
Where are you folks finding these chrome letters now. I looked on eBay and found a few vendors but none look similar to the LEAF letters on the back or the "ELECTRIC" letters in the pics. I've found a couple of vendors using a Google search but I am not sure which "style" is appropriate. Any thoughts?

There is no one selling chrome lettering similar to the LEAF letters although they can be custom made.

401723_10150472359866898_691786897_9359639_566235804_n.jpg

My chrome letters came from eBay ($1 a letter)http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Car-Dec...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cff458ed5

I like the italics! I ordered "100% ELECTRIC" in italics. A little expensive but I hope worth it. :D

MrIanB said:
Worth it, the cost is still pennies considering how much you are saving on current gas prices.

Ian B

True. But the amount I am saving on gasoline is going toward the LEAF payment. Which I feel A LOT BETTER about, than I did when I was sending that money to people that don't like us, helping to make them wealthy beyond all reason! BTW... my lawn mower is electric too. :D

jimcmorr said:
MrIanB said:
Worth it, the cost is still pennies considering how much you are saving on current gas prices.

Ian B

True. But the amount I am saving on gasoline is going toward the LEAF payment. Which I feel A LOT BETTER about, than I did when I was sending that money to people that don't like us, helping to make them wealthy beyond all reason! BTW... my lawn mower is electric too. :D
+1. I recently upgraded my B&D CM1200 with a CM1936 (removable battery, 36V instead of 24) and I love it! In fact all my power tools are electric :D

jimcmorr said:
MrIanB said:

Ian B

Ditto for me, I am saving about $50.00 a week on gas and I put on my savings account and then use it to pay the car at end of month. Talk about a car that pays for itself to an extent. lol

Ian B

I want one of these!

Zero Emission: 5kW Thin Film Solar Array - 23.5kWh Battery Backup

:D

Maybe when I get myself moved to Georgia!

I added a nice silver "ELECTRIC" above the zero emissions badge, since the default badging just wasn't getting the job done. ;)

Thanks to list list for letting me know where to get these letters (eBay).

Leaf.jpg

Back