Adding ELECTRIC to your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure - we're open to suggestions. Do you have any ideas?

They'd look like this, but with letters/sayings gas_pump_resized.jpg

Leafboy said:
wxxyz said:
We are looking at getting some stickers cut - white vinyl lettering that could be stuck on your window. It looks like there would be some interest?!
What would they look like? Examples?
I just ordered 2" vinyl lettering that spell out "100% Electric" from eBay. I will post pics when complete!

spike09 said:
January 2012 - Added "Electric" in chrome on the front and rear of my Leaf. Originally I thought just "EV" would work until I realized no one except Electric Car aficionados know what EV stands for!
432350_10150496028221898_691786897_9439657_244527998_n.jpg

401723_10150472359866898_691786897_9359639_566235804_n.jpg

My commute takes me through the heart of South Beach and hardly anyone has noticed my car even with "Electric" on the front and rear! Apparently the average person does not know what "Electric" stands for either, so I am making it very clear by updated the rear badge from "Electric" to "100% Electric"! I am keeping the front as is for now.

Perhaps now at least a few people will notice the electric car stuck in bumper to bumper Spring Break traffic! I will certainly amp up my visibility when I put 2" lettering on the sides as well!

546003_10150608325041898_691786897_9803831_432542492_n.jpg

I also added black molding around the edges of the rear hatchback and all 4 doors to prevent chipping. I already got my first scratch after an encounter with a run away shopping cart while I was parked at a Publix supermarket! Luckily it was small and I was able to cover it up pretty well.

spike09 said:
Thanks guys!

Though I have to admit, my first attempt didn't get such good reviews

gbshaunleaf5f.jpg

;-)
Just noticed the typo. And the math does not add up either :lol:[/quote]

Love it!!!

I would like to buy a vowel Vanna......

I've got the stylized "EV" symbol on the top of my rear window:

pic

It's made of vinyl and had proven to be quite durable. I've had it on 2 cars, and I bought them a long time ago, and unfortunately can't for the life of me remember where.

-Phil

These mods are great guys :) I keep plannning to add electric to mine as well.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Nissan went with zero emissions instead of EV or 100% Electric. People seem to think zero emissions means hybrid.

EVDrive said:
These mods are great guys :) I keep plannning to add electric to mine as well.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Nissan went with zero emissions instead of EV or 100% Electric. People seem to think zero emissions means hybrid.

On the Japan site, they talk about "appealing to the zero-emissions society". So their market research must be telling them that there is a significant number of people who will consider the environmental aspect as an important buy factor, at least at this stage. Will be interesting to see their marketing shift, if any, as they approach a wider rollout.

And for me, that was a secondary consideration at best so you have to wonder how effective that approach is in the U.S... As the roll out widens, I believe it will become even less effective...
Nubo said:
On the Japan site, they talk about "appealing to the zero-emissions society". So their market research must be telling them that there is a significant number of people who will consider the environmental aspect as an important buy factor, at least at this stage. Will be interesting to see their marketing shift, if any, as they approach a wider rollout.

Vehicles constructed to meet the PZEV requirements must achieve both SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle) exhaust emissions and zero evaporative (fuel system) emissions. The SULEV standard is designed to be even more rigorous than the Ultra standard or low-emission vehicle standard. In Addtion, All emissions-related components must be warrantied for 15-years or 150,000-miles. (including the EV components of a hybrid)

Some vehicles can also be classified as AT-PZEV, standing for Advanced Technology PZEV. This type of vehicle is at least as clean as a PZEV vehicle, and either uses NO gasoline (Nat Gas, Propane, Hydrogen) or gets much better fuel efficiency due to being a hybrid.

-Phil

Added "100% Electric" to both of my front doors using 2" black vinyl lettering. I had them custom made from an eBay seller called "1060-Graphics". The 24 letters only cost $8.63 and I got them in 4 days! They were real easy to apply with the transfer tape. Did not use the Nissan font because it does not match the "zero emission" at all. Actually the only font I think is cool is the "Leaf" letters on the rear.

412860_10150612113211898_691786897_9815111_1254251927_o.jpg

Got all 4 sides covered now!

TomT said:
And for me, that was a secondary consideration at best so you have to wonder how effective that approach is in the U.S... As the roll out widens, I believe it will become even less effective...
I would agree in CA, but here in the "deep south" the education process may take decades.
I am NOT implying the education level is lower, just the exposure level of all things green ( EV,s , Solar, etc)
is lower here than on the West coast. There is most likely less than than 40 pure EV,s in the state. Our house hold
having some Solar, an EV motorcycle and LEAF is probably the only one in SC.

I took the LEAF to a car show a while back to hand out fliers for a different Charity show and for giggles entered it in the
"1972 to present" group.

It had "Electric" on the info card, but most people just walked on by until I added 100%. Then they ALL stopped to ask questions.
It was a fun day.... :)

EVDrive said:
These mods are great guys :) I keep planning to add electric to mine as well.

Agreed. I put the "100% Electric" decal on the doors just 3 days ago and it has received more attention that I ever got in the entire 3 months I have had the car! I would get an occasional glance from a pedestrian who noticed the "Electric" on my front bumper but this put the visibility into a much higher category.

Most of us seem to agree that the word ELECTRIC needs to be prominently displayed. Nissan obviously saw greater benefit in the ZeroEmission thing because it's a trademark that can set them apart in the future. I guess it's our job to link Nissan's Zero with the word electric.

I had one set more than I need of stick-on chrome letters that spell "ELECTRIC" and I sold them on eBay.. They look like the word LEAF on the back, but a little narrower, good for the longer word. They can be spaced on a straight edge, picked up with masking tape and transferred to your vehicle. They are 1" high, vertical block letters, slender and flat. Manufacturer is ElektroPlate who guarantees OEM quality and paint-safe adhesive. The 8 letters cost me $20.

electric3.jpg

Back