240V EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE - (likely scam buyer beware)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have been burned and cheated out of $699 by EV-charge america in Las Vegas, Nevada. The amazing thing to me is that they continue to be an ongoing business with a legitimate address and get away with outright cheating the public every day of the week as a way of business for a long period of time ongoing and no one seems to care. The BBB in Las vegas has my complaint, as does the Attorney General In North Carolina, The mail fraud section of the United States postal service and the local Las Vegas police department. After four full months of trying to talk to Bob Rosinski and listening to their lies and having bought their scam in the first place I WAS A FOOL TO SEND THE CHECK BY MAIL TO BOB ROSINSKI AS HE FORMALLY REQUESTED AND I HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY. The old saying that what you do in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas is never more true than in this modern case! IF YOU BUY FROM EV-CHARGE AMERICA AFTER READING THIS TESTIMONY OF RIP OFF WHICH IS THE TRUE SITUATION YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF JUST AS I WAS! :twisted: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!:

TOPCATLEAF said:
I also have been burned and cheated out of $699 by EV-charge america in Las Vegas, Nevada. The amazing thing to me is that they continue to be an ongoing business with a legitimate address and get away with outright cheating the public every day of the week as a way of business for a long period of time ongoing and no one seems to care. The BBB in Las vegas has my complaint, as does the Attorney General In North Carolina, The mail fraud section of the United States postal service and the local Las Vegas police department. After four full months of trying to talk to Bob Rosinski and listening to their lies and having bought their scam in the first place I WAS A FOOL TO SEND THE CHECK BY MAIL TO BOB ROSINSKI AS HE FORMALLY REQUESTED AND I HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY. The old saying that what you do in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas is never more true than in this modern case! IF YOU BUY FROM EV-CHARGE AMERICA AFTER READING THIS TESTIMONY OF RIP OFF WHICH IS THE TRUE SITUATION YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF JUST AS I WAS! :twisted: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I also read about some cities they were courting for contracts. Ever see his BS video? I fully researched this guy a long time ago as I smelled EV BS as soon as I saw his website. I figured they would be gone by now. Do others a favor even if anonymous:

http://green.autoblog.com/contact/tips/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps ABG could post one worthwhile article because this is right up their sensational green tabloid alley :lol:

Went to the website for the first time. I'm sorry but I had to laugh. Did anyone look at the picture of the mayor of LasVegas next to their electric Porsche? Look again and laugh with me at the terrible photoshop job.

TNleaf said:
Went to the website for the first time. I'm sorry but I had to laugh. Did anyone look at the picture of the mayor of LasVegas next to their electric Porsche? Look again and laugh with me at the terrible photoshop job.

LOL, that it is not using their vaporware product to charge, that's an extension cord. They should call it "EV Charge Your Credit Card", if you are lucky that is. :lol: I may call them and tell them I have an advance order for 1000 units I need next month.

These guys are a total scam. I am looking to get a group together to sue this bastard. Below is the last response I got and I even sent a false request and they sent the email back with the same garbage I got months ago except that they say now that they don't cash your check until your unit is ready to ship.

To date I have not received my charge station. I originally sent my order back in June.

Subject: RE: 2104 Status
Date: August 19, 2011 7:05:15 PM PDT
To: Peter McWade <[email protected]>

Your charger goes out to you mid-week. It's done. Just waiting on J1772 cords coming from supplier.

We understand your frustration. We're as frustrated as you with this lack of a timely startup.

Sorry for the continued delay. We'll get it to you next week.

Subject: RE: 2104 Status
Date: September 13, 2011 6:41:16 PM PDT
To: Peter McWade <[email protected]>

Hi Pete,

I swear we're not trying to screw you, or anyone else around with these delays, or cashing your checks. Had we known we were going to have the series of issues we've had, we would have never cashed anyone's checks. This makes us look really, really bad, and that's obviously not what we had in mind.

We are not making a dime on these units for the price you paid. We already have 100% of your purchase price invested in the components for your unit, and we have eaten tens of thousands of dollars in labor working through these issues.

And just when we think we have it resolved, we've now had a series of component level bugs show up in our final QC test of your unit and others.

I have extra people in working on this issue, as we thought we had all the issues behind us and would be shipping many units this week with the arrival of the cords.
*********************************************************************************
We're still working to resolve the problem at this hour tonight and my techs will be back in at 6 AM tomorrow to continue resolution.

Again, so sorry for the continued delays. If I could do more for you, I certainly would. Sorry.

Bob

:evil: :twisted: dear BOB!!!!
so you finally decide to reply. Bob, you can do more and the problem is you flatly refuse to do more! I DEMAND A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY BOB.
YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. YOU SAID IF YOU COULD DO MORE YOU WOULD DO MORE.
SO SEND ME A CHECK IMMEDIATELY BOB. I DEMAND A FULL REFUND. THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IS ALMOST IN YOUR FRONT DOOR THERE IN LAS VEGAS BOB.
SO MAIL MY REFUND CHECK TODAY!!
PUT UP OR SHUT UP BOB.
MAIL MY REFUND CHECK TODAY!! :ugeek:

TOPCATLEAF said:
:evil: :twisted: dear BOB!!!!
so you finally decide to reply. Bob, you can do more and the problem is you flatly refuse to do more! I DEMAND A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY BOB.
YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. YOU SAID IF YOU COULD DO MORE YOU WOULD DO MORE.
SO SEND ME A CHECK IMMEDIATELY BOB. I DEMAND A FULL REFUND. THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IS ALMOST IN YOUR FRONT DOOR THERE IN LAS VEGAS BOB.
SO MAIL MY REFUND CHECK TODAY!!
PUT UP OR SHUT UP BOB.
MAIL MY REFUND CHECK TODAY!! :ugeek:

Best of luck but I doubt they will refund your money as they should. Anyone local to them should file in small claims court.

Hi nissan leaf folks!!
If you have been burned by ev-charge america we need all who have been burned to file a formal grievance with the Better Business Bureau in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are only about a mile from ev-charge america and we need to get a full picture of all folks who have been cheated so far by Bob Rosinski!!! BBB is very easy to find with a quick Google search. thanks guys!!!!!! :!: :ugeek:

TOPCATLEAF said:
Hi nissan leaf folks!!
If you have been burned by ev-charge america we need all who have been burned to file a formal grievance with the Better Business Bureau in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are only about a mile from ev-charge america and we need to get a full picture of all folks who have been cheated so far by Bob Rosinski!!! BBB is very easy to find with a quick Google search. thanks guys!!!!!! :!: :ugeek:

I believe this also qualifies as mail fraud and should be filed with the PM General. I would call the local DA and also let the greasy Mayor of LV know he has been photoshopped into their site endorsing a scam product. BBB is one avenue but press and legal action is more effective.

BOB ROSINSKI STILL HAS NOT REPLIED TO ANY INQUIRY AND STILL AS OF VETERAN'S DAY 2011 HAS NOT SHIPPED MY ORDERED AND PAID FOR CHARGER AND HE STILL HAS NOT BE REACHABLE TO DISCUSS A FULL REFUND OF THE 699 DOLLARS PAID TO HIM.

Please consider changing the title of this thread to "DO NOT BUY EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE, it's a RIP OFF"

The first page of this thread shows no indication of where this all ends up. A newbie could easily stumble on this thread and over-zealously send their money to this defrauding company. You have to really dig into the thread before you get it.

I would change the title and the original post to prevent any confusion.

I edited the title- I have moderated these threads several times and too many people freaked out. I hope people have finally gotten a clue on this scam it could not be more clear now and before. If you bought one you were in denial of what was posted. People do what they want to and believe what they want regardless of the facts.

JustinC said:
Please consider changing the title of this thread to "DO NOT BUY EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE, it's a RIP OFF"

The first page of this thread shows no indication of where this all ends up. A newbie could easily stumble on this thread and over-zealously send their money to this defrauding company. You have to really dig into the thread before you get it.

When I first spotted this thread I though, "oh, cool! I should get this rather than the $2050 or whatever it was Clipper Creek CS-100, but it's a pretty long thread, so I better read to the end first..."

By the time I got to the end, I said this. Moral: listen to EVDriver!

TimeHorse said:
JustinC said:

When I first spotted this thread I though, "oh, cool! I should get this rather than the $2050 or whatever it was Clipper Creek CS-100, but it's a pretty long thread, so I better read to the end first..."

By the time I got to the end, I said this. Moral: listen to EVDriver!

After years of researching, building and testing EV stuff and talking to people in the industry one develops EV "ratar". Mine went off after I first saw their website, the AV product and the Ecotality culture. The latter two are just out to to separate people from their money with a real overpriced product and alternative business models while the former really has nothing to deliver. I wish some out there would vote with their dollars to support companies and individuals that have been promoting EVs for years rather than those that see them as a quick way to make as much profit as possible.

EVDRIVER said:
After years of researching, building and testing EV stuff and talking to people in the industry one develops EV "ratar". Mine went off after I first saw their website, the AV product and the Ecotality culture. The latter two are just out to to separate people from their money with a real overpriced product and alternative business models while the former really has nothing to deliver. I wish some out there would vote with their dollars to support companies and individuals that have been promoting EVs for years rather than those that see them as a quick way to make as much profit as possible.

And by that virtue, you can do no better than Clipper Creek, working with Tesla since it's early days. No-one is more likely to stick around when they got the exclusive Mini-E contract and then although pricy still by today's standards, my no-frills EVSE may not have any bells or whistles but I bet you it lasts longer than my LEAF! :)

Though, that loud clicking whenever I plug in my LEAF is a bit unnerving...

TimeHorse said:
that loud clicking whenever I plug in my LEAF is a bit unnerving...

What can you expect, that CC-100 is rated for what, 18KW, has to be a heavy duty relay.
If you had one of those wimpy 3.6KW EVSE's, you'd hardly notice.

A post came through on the evdl of a member's first hand experience thus their post warning to not even consider throwing money at nor wasting time on EV-Charge America.
Please read their post
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EV-Charge-America-td4155699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On other Production EV/pih forums, I had read of this company's shady behavior, but now this makes it firm in my mind that this company is not to be trusted.

For those that are searching/learning of low cost EVSE, I have put together a post they may want to check out
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Low-Cost-EVSE-td3835375.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you know of Low Cost EVSE that is under $1000, and hopefully 6kW+ capable, please let me know so I can research it and if appropriate, add it to the post.

{brucedp.150m.com}

Back