2016 Lease deals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
It's not a bad deal on the 2015 SL, but you'd want to check battery pack condition with Leaf Spy. It would also be a much better deal if the car has Premium Package. A good lease deal is either a payment under $400 a month with zero down and all fees included, or a modest down payment like $2k and payments under $300 a month. This is for an SV. Lease deals should improve as the year progresses, possibly starting memorial Day weekend.

Thank you, Sorry, I did not see this post yesterday and replied to your later ones, not sure how I missed it...

So, am I still eligible for state and federal tax credits after this purchase? Thanks

So, am I still eligible for state and federal tax credits after this purchase? Thanks

The Federal credit is 'attached' to the car, not the person/year, so you get one for each new EV you buy. I don't know about state credits...

The MA rebate is an easy online application, then email attachments of supporting documents, then wait a couple months.

The Fed tax credit requires you have at least $7500 tax liability for full value, no carryovers.

The Fed tax credit requires you have at least $7500 tax liability for full value, no carryovers.

Yes, and if you can't collect the full $7500 by buying the car, you can get it paid to Nissan upfront if you lease, to lower the payment and residual. You can then buy the car when the lease ends, often for little or no more money, total, than buying it upfront.

Anyone currently at end of lease and looking for a new Leaf should touch base with NMAC. They are currently offering a 1-year lease extension with option to terminate at any time or a $7500 discount off the buyout price. The current lease deals don't look very good. The month-to-month extension gives some flexibility.

I'd need a 10k rebate at a minimum to consider. I have 2012 SL. 38,600miles on the clock and lost one bar, with a 210GID max.

I'm on my second one year renewal of an originally 24/m lease (39 months total so far) My residual is around $19500.
With a $127.44/m lease I'll keep paying that till the cows come home.

I'm on my second one year renewal of an originally 24/m lease (39 months total so far) My residual is around $19500.
With a $127.44/m lease I'll keep paying that till the cows come home.

Indeed! I have a similar deal on my 2013 SV. I don't think I'll buy her unless I win the lottery, but I'll likely keep paying my $159 a month ($149 for the original lease term, as we have tax here) for as long as I can, which appears to be until next (not this) May. Although if they have a fire sale on 2016 SVs, with 107 mile range, that might inspire me to end it early.

HornsKeith said:
When a site like Edmunds lists incentives, and they show NMAC having a $9800 incentive for leasing a 2016 SV, does that include the federal $7500 tax credit? So it's really only a $2300 incentive?

I thought the lease deals actual had better incentives than the purchase options, but if the above is true they're notably worse.

Keith

well yeah it includes the fed tax incentive because Nissan is nice enough to pass along 100% of that credit. now before you think that is what they "have" to do, you might want to review what other leasing companies do with EVs...

I was offered a 4 year lease on a 2016 Nissan Leaf S with a quick charge. It was 2500 down includes first month payment, 259 per month, 15,000 miles a year. The offer is in Hawaii. I'm being pressured to accept it, because next month it might not be the same offer. The payment at the end would be 8,ooo to own the car. I just wanted feed back on this offer.

asg123 said:
I was offered a 4 year lease on a 2016 Nissan Leaf S with a quick charge. It was 2500 down includes first month payment, 259 per month, 15,000 miles a year. The offer is in Hawaii. I'm being pressured to accept it, because next month it might not be the same offer. The payment at the end would be 8,ooo to own the car. I just wanted feed back on this offer.

Don't do a four year lease unless you have a pressing reason to!! Standard is 3 year and I'd stick with it.

sorry for cross posting, i think this is the right thread for my question.

I got the following deal offer, trying to evaluate it correctly. It's for a 2016 S with QC
MSRP: $31,810
CAP COST:$26,650
RESIDUAL:$9861.10
MONEY FACTOR: .00003
Acquisition fee:$595
Disposition fee:$395

Any other questions that I can answer for you?

You also get the following:
- $2500 back from the state
- 24 months of free charge card
- Up to $7500 federal tax credit
- Free detail

My understanding is the total cost to me is 26,650 - 9861. Plus monthly taxes and fees? and the 1000 in acquisition and disposition?
So given that I'm in a 10% tax zone.

I'm looking at : 26650-9861 = 16789 - 10k in rebates = 6789 + 595 + 395 = 7779

But, what about taxes and the money factor? Not sure how to calculate those.
any help in how to evaluate this lease would e appreciated
thanks

trevix108 said:
sorry for cross posting, i think this is the right thread for my question.

I got the following deal offer, trying to evaluate it correctly. It's for a 2016 S with QC
MSRP: $31,810
CAP COST:$26,650
RESIDUAL:$9861.10
MONEY FACTOR: .00003
Acquisition fee:$595
Disposition fee:$395

Any other questions that I can answer for you?

You also get the following:
- $2500 back from the state
- 24 months of free charge card
- Up to $7500 federal tax credit
- Free detail

My understanding is the total cost to me is 26,650 - 9861. Plus monthly taxes and fees? and the 1000 in acquisition and disposition?
So given that I'm in a 10% tax zone.

I'm looking at : 26650-9861 = 16789 - 10k in rebates = 6789 + 595 + 395 = 7779

But, what about taxes and the money factor? Not sure how to calculate those.
any help in how to evaluate this lease would e appreciated
thanks

what is the down payment? what is the monthly cost, what is the term length?

The numbers I am getting from a local dealer are way higher than what have been posted here. There are a few factors that may be causing some stumbling blocks as the dealer doesn't have a 2016 available. In light of that, does anyone know what current residuals are looking like for an SV with 12k or 15k miles a year?

ya, so a 9800 residual is really pretty low then.
I'm going to push back on the dealer and see if he can raise it.

He is offering me
109 / month with 5250(down-payment - drive away)
395 disp fee
12k miles / year
2016 S with QC

Back