2016 Lease deals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
astricklin said:
The numbers I am getting from a local dealer are way higher than what have been posted here. There are a few factors that may be causing some stumbling blocks as the dealer doesn't have a 2016 available. In light of that, does anyone know what current residuals are looking like for an SV with 12k or 15k miles a year?

Residuals for a 2015 SV with 12k miles/yr on a 36 month lease are presently 31% of MSRP.

Keith

trevix108 said:
ya, so a 9800 residual is really pretty low then.
I'm going to push back on the dealer and see if he can raise it.

He is offering me
109 / month with 5250(down-payment - drive away)
395 disp fee
12k miles / year
2016 S with QC

for an S? not so low but considering its only a 12,000 miles? if getting 15,000 miles; it could be ok but he is putting all the risk on you with that huge down payment...

Going from 12K to 15K miles per year should only add $10/month to the lease payment. This is something to know, anytime you are in between the 12K-15K dilemma/negotiation....

mihird said:
Going from 12K to 15K miles per year should only add $10/month to the lease payment. This is something to know, anytime you are in between the 12K-15K dilemma/negotiation....

i like your thinking. let me know if u get NMAC to come around to that

I think, NMAC only adds $10/month to get to 15K lease form 12K, just about on any lease they write...I could be wrong...

I have also gone through their 10 cents/mile pre-pay and 15 cents/mile post-pay for mileage overage..but someone told me they had negotiated a 6 cents/mile pre-pay with NMAC..which I haven't heard from anybody else ever...

mihird said:
I think, NMAC only adds $10/month to get to 15K lease form 12K, just about on any lease they write...I could be wrong...

I have also gone through their 10 cents/mile pre-pay and 15 cents/mile post-pay for mileage overage..but someone told me they had negotiated a 6 cents/mile pre-pay with NMAC..which I haven't heard from anybody else ever...

By your numbers, going from 12K to 15K is an extra 3K per year, or 250 miles per month. If the pre-pay is 10 cents/mile, wouldn't the lease cost an extra $25/mo, and not $10/mo? $10/mo would only be 4 cents/mile.

No, the 12k to 15k is what NMAC offers at an additional $10/month - it does not factor in 10 cents/mile to are be at that no.

Anything beyond 15,000 miles is not offered as a bundle. You have to go 10 cents/mile.

I needed 18,000 miles/year. They updated my lease to 15,000 miles/year for an additional $10 & then I had to pay an additional $25 to go from 15,000 miles to 18,000 based on 10 cents/mile.

I believe the difference for me between a 12,000 mile lease and a 15 for 3 years was $23 a month. anyone else seeing this $10 a month difference? now this was a few years ago.

Sure, it's a bundled deal as opposed to the option to buy as many or as few extra miles as you want. My point is that the numbers suggest that either that $10 / month is an absolute killer deal, or it's not real (i.e. maybe coupled with a larger down payment?). Looking at the a la cart numbers, $10/mo would give you an extra 100 miles/mo, or 1,200 miles/year. Nowhere near 3,000 miles/year. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is. $23/mo sounds much more reasonable to me.

As I said, I bumped into at least one person, who said even from 15,000 miles to 18,000 miles, they had negotiated it down to 6 cents/mile (it was a base S model)...which I have never heard of before....You are right, it probably depends on what your initial down payment and base monthly rent is setup to be...

I almost think, that pricing of extra miles (low or high) is a negotiable sales gimmick....not set in stone...post pay, though would always be 15 cents/mile.

Are there lease deals for two or three years? I keep being offered a four year lease as if it is such a great deal. If the lease is shorter are your monthly payments higher?

asg123 said:
Are there lease deals for two or three years? I keep being offered a four year lease as if it is such a great deal. If the lease is shorter are your monthly payments higher?

Two year leases used to offer the best deals, and three year leases were common. This year they are messing with the sales strategy.

Data point from the new month of April (offered, not accepted yet, so comments are welcome):

2016 SV (meaning 30 kWh battery):

$35,400 sticker price
$7K trade for my 2012 SL with 11 bars (LEAF Spy 81%)
$249/month for 36 months
$11,300 residual (32%)
Money factor: 0.00003
12K miles/year

This would vastly improve my range - 30 kWh plus my battery is down to 81%), plus I get 6.6 KW charger, B mode, heat pump, etc. By 2019 there will clearly be more options, so I like the option to walk away.

Karl

Attachments

• 2016 LEAF.jpg
    2016 LEAF.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 85
The $7k down payment / trade is what seems too high. I wonder if they are engaging in the time-honored dealer tradition of using smoke and mirrors to get your traded in car for almost nothing, while making it seem like they give you a lot for it...

Valdemar said:
$7k is sad but not too bad. Someone got $3500 for their 2011. It would be difficult to sell it for more than 8-9k yourself.

No, I mean that $7k seems like a very high down payment to get the monthly payments quoted. It seems to me that it's more like a $4-5k down payment, with the value of the trade inflated but counter-balanced by some charge elsewhere in the deal.

Got it, yes it very much seems so, in fact the above numbers aren't complete to say if it's a good deal or not . Sticker price doesn't mean much, tell them to give you the actual purchase price.

MobileEV said:
Data point from the new month of April (offered, not accepted yet, so comments are welcome):

2016 SV (meaning 30 kWh battery):

$35,400 sticker price
$7K trade for my 2012 SL with 11 bars (LEAF Spy 81%)
$249/month for 36 months
$11,300 residual (32%)
Money factor: 0.00003
12K miles/year

This would vastly improve my range - 30 kWh plus my battery is down to 81%), plus I get 6.6 KW charger, B mode, heat pump, etc. By 2019 there will clearly be more options, so I like the option to walk away.

Karl
You are essentially putting 7k down and still paying $249/month. Doesn't seem that great. Think about what it should be if you paid cash for the down... It seems more like they are just inflating what your trade in is worth and they are giving you the same Lease that someone with $3-4k cash down would get.

Thanks for the feedback.

I asked them to quote me the no-trade lease deal under the scenario that I have found a buyer for my car, but I probably won't get that until tomorrow.

Back